It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli PM assassination attempt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Israeli PM Possible Assasination

www.cnn.com

- A Palestinian militant cell planned to assassinate Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert during a recent visit to the West Bank city of Jericho, Israeli media reported Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-10-2007 by jarheadjock]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Were we that close to WW3????

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Change your thread title to Israeli PM assassination attempt. Oh, and don't believe everything Israel tells you.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Thanks for that title change. True, i musnt believe everything i read from any sort of source, but still. With the US so backed behind Israel the US would storm Iran if they had any connection to it?

Another thought, wuold the US allowed it to happen just like 9/11? A reason to go to war, like Pearl Harbor? God knows that the American people are already pised about Iraq, now they might've had another war on their hands.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by jarheadjock]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jarheadjock

If the PM was assassinated by a terrorist, I think Israel would invade either the West Bank or Gaza, depending on who they thought was responsible. This has been done numerous times in the past, it would hardly be WWIII. Neither Iran nor Syria provide much support to Palestinian terror, primarily because they can't, Israel has too tight of a lid on what goes into and out of the Occupied Terrorities, so it would be tough for them to credibly pin it on Iran or Syria. Furthermore, I don't think Israel feels like committing suicide anytime soon

[edit on 21-10-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
If the PM was assassinated by a terrorist, I think Israel would invade either the West Bank or Gaza, depending on who they thought was responsible.

Hamas possibly? I dont know who else....Fatah is a nationalist party i believe.

Originally posted by uberarcanistThis has been done numerous times in the past, it would hardly be WWIII.

True....but i would think it might have ramifications in terms of ecnomoy and Palenstinians getting mad about this issue and ignite more anger over occupied territories again....

Originally posted by uberarcanistNeither Iran nor Syria provide much support to Palestinian terror, primarily because they can't, Israel has too tight of a lid on what goes into and out of the Occupied Terrorities, so it would be tough for them to credibly pin it on Iran or Syria. Furthermore, I don't think Israel feels like committing suicide anytime soon

Guess you have a point there, Israel wouldnt want to shoot itself in the foot at this moment in time.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Existing discussion here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join