It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caution A Black Woman...And She's Angry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The race threads this board are getting ridiculus. Everyday there something new and disgusting to wade through. I have no problem with the occasional AA debate, like most social issues, they tend to pop up every few months. But, my goodness, everyday!! It isn't that I don't care what white folk think. It's just the more I read, the more racist I become. God yall can make the most normal black person run screaming to the mosque. I mean, the fact that folk would object to MLK day or actually make sweeping generalizations about black folk and the race card while playing the race card ya damn self---I even read where folk is complaining about the African American lable like it even #in matters, and then turn around and complain bout us using the N-word cause you can't aaaaahhhhhh!!!! From negro to black to nig'ah to Afro to African American then right back to nig'ah. It's just enough already. I don't wanna know anymore! I wish I could erase all that crap from my brain. For my own sanity and for those white folk that have to deal wit me everyday, I will no long respond to race issues on ATS/BTS. That's a pledge I make to myself.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm with ya on that score...so are a lot of other members.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Whoa!

Originally posted by Saphronia
For my own sanity and for those white folk that have to deal wit me everyday, I will no long respond to race issues on ATS/BTS.

Being one of the "white folk", I just wanted to share my opinion on that. I also took that decision, like you did, a long time ago, and not just here on ATS, but almost everywhere on the net and in real life. I know discussions are supposed to make things go further, and utlimatly solve them, but it appears to me that some people are and will always be racist, no mather what is said...

So I also gaved up. I say to hell with it, let the water flow under the bridge, let generations die and be replaced, and eventualy everybody will have forgot that once people fighted over their "races".

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
We are all 1 race, and that's Human.

I know what you mean though, those threads... I can't believe some of the # people post. I guess they feel safe behind the monitor and think they can just let their racist views out.

Also, I am so damn sick of threads that bash homosexuals.

anyways

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
We are all 1 race, and that's Human.

I know what you mean though, those threads... I can't believe some of the # people post. I guess they feel safe behind the monitor and think they can just let their racist views out.

anyways

try telling that to the KKK and the black panthers.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I can't change anyone, it's up to them.

Eventually their ideas will die out, the genetic code must be mixed up.

Then we can hate eachother for totally new reasons, which I am sure will be just as asinine.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I can't see the point in labels anyway. Black, White, Pixy, Reptilian ... feck it, I accept anyone who isn't an arsehole.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It could be worse. What if there were no HOMOSEXUALS for the Regressives to bring up inbetween race baiting.

That of course assumes they can get Clinton's penis off their mind long enough for either.

Good call on not responding. You do learn quick around here. Even if you manage to ever so slightly soften a racist or homophobe through the efforts of a debate, he or she just wakes up the next day and posts the same tired crap all over again. It's called a brain flush, or reversion to one's own natural state: that of a racist bigot.

They are called Regressives for a reason.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
wow a rant against threads that bring up race and you put "caution a black woman and she's angry" as the title???

WTF does YOU being black have to do with it? are you implying only black people are allowed to be angry about this? does your mentioning of your color supposeing to mean something? that somehoiw you being a black woman means you're an especially angry kind of person? as if a black woman is more angry than anyone else?

does being black or mentioning that you're black somehow mean that you being angry is somehow...i dont know, meaningful or special?

tell me exactly why you even bothered to mention the fact that you're black and then go on a rant about OTHER people talking about race.

i wasnt aware of your color until you mentioned it in the title of this thread ands to be honest i dont give a damn if you're a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater.

want people to stop talking about race? stop mentioning your own when you rant about it.

i agree with your sentiment but you mentioning you being a black female has nothing to do with your point. it is a valid point no matter who it comes from.

want to become a racist, then go right ahead. if you want what other people say or whine about to bother you then go ahead, its a choice you make. noone "makes" you act think feel or believe a certain way. if it bothers you its because you let it. they are only words and can only hurt you or bother you if you let them. christ think about it! why do you think people bring it up? because they know it will get under someone's skin! they know it will bug the hell out of someone because they let themselves be bothered by someone else's ignorant remarks. like it or not people are free to think feel and say whatever they want. even if you or i think its wrong they still have that right just as we have the right to think feel and say they are wrong.

if this the only thing you have to rant about you're doing better than you think. you let the petty stuff bother you. they're words, pay them no mind.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Imagine (ATS Style)

Imagine there's no n-word,
It's easy if you try,
No spiteful words to hurt us,
I know I will try,
Imagine all the members
posting for today...

Imagine there's no racists,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to yell or scream for,
No bigots in power too,
Imagine all the members
posting here in peace...

Imagine no affirmative action,
I wonder if you can,
No need for reparations,
A clean slate for man,
Imagine all the members
Sharing in the truth...

You may say Im a dreamer,
I hope I'm not the only one,
I hope some day you will join ATS,
And we all will live as one.

God, I hope you all don't kill me for messing up a John Lennon song.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Yeah I agree with lysergic here. Im tired of all these race threads on ATS/BTS. And people please enough with the gay bashing threads. :shk:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
What is this new plague thathas infected this site?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ahhhhh yes, good ole racism..........

Nobody likes it. I hate it in fact.

I'll tell ya a short story...

I was accused of being a "racist" in grade 10 because my friend believed this other girl (not me) that I called her a chink, and told people her house smelled bad.
Which wasn't true but none theless she and her sister didn't believe me.

I went a whole semester putting up with this #.

But i'll tell ya, not once did I bow down and lick their feet, because I knew that I was right. I fought with them like no tomorrow, and the girl that was supposed to be my friend was outcasted because she let herself get jealous (she was always the third wheel and this was another example)

After the first semestar was over, they finally found out that I was right, and the other girl was wrong, so they followed her after school and harassed her in the hall ways. I hated her for being such a bitch.

I'm fine with it all now, and I hope that one day people can live in harmony and just love eachother for being "good" people, not orange white or black.

It's so stupid. You would think that being apparantly the most intelligent species on earth we would be smart enough to get over this racist #.

Cuz it's exactly that... #.

It's nothing. But people make it something, so it's there.

I'd like to see these racist people all be put in a huge cage, so that they can go after eachotehr and kill eachother off..........

Then there would be no such thing .....

It's like :bnghd: understand?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
From negro to black to nig'ah to Afro to African American then right back to nig'ah

I have a question that has been perplexing me.
Why do some black rappers refer to themselves as that ? I find it strange that people would call each other something that is a term of abuse ?

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
IMHO, its a way of defusing the original negative power away from the word and to turn it into a word of comraderie. In turn, since the word has a new conotation, only those one's who have changed the meaning of the word are permitted to use it.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

WTF does YOU being black have to do with it? are you implying only black people are allowed to be angry about this? does your mentioning of your color supposeing to mean something? that somehoiw you being a black woman means you're an especially angry kind of person? as if a black woman is more angry than anyone else?

I am a black woman that's a fact, and it isn't something I wanna pretend doesn't exist it. It's the whole reason for my post. The rant is about being black and reading racist garbage on this board. The title I chose was appropriate, and if you don't see that then maybe you should re-read the rant.

I was just blowing off some steam after reading one too many threads about what's wrong with black people. And here we go...what's wrong with saying I'm black. I should've just kept it to myself ??? Why? I was trying to explain how some of the threads effect me. My race was a factor.

But damn...it's more like a PSA. Everything you say on ATS is read and received differently according to the perception of the person reading it. Just as you read the title and it put you off for different reasons--that's how the race threads are for me.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Believe me, Saph, I tried to clean up the garbage.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
IMHO, its a way of defusing the original negative power away from the word and to turn it into a word of comraderie. In turn, since the word has a new conotation, only those one's who have changed the meaning of the word are permitted to use it.

Thanks. Colonel.
Actually, thinking of it, its a pretty good idea. Turn something with a negative connotation into something positive. Then the racists can't use it and have to run away with their tails between their legs.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
wow a rant against threads that bring up race and you put "caution a black woman and she's angry" as the title???

does being black or mentioning that you're black somehow mean that you being angry is somehow...i dont know, meaningful or special?

tell me exactly why you even bothered to mention the fact that you're black and then go on a rant about OTHER people talking about race.

i wasnt aware of your color until you mentioned it in the title of this thread ands to be honest i dont give a damn if you're a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater.

want people to stop talking about race? stop mentioning your own when you rant about it.

i agree with your sentiment but you mentioning you being a black female has nothing to do with your point. it is a valid point no matter who it comes from.

want to become a racist, then go right ahead. if you want what other people say or whine about to bother you then go ahead, its a choice you make. noone "makes" you act think feel or believe a certain way. if it bothers you its because you let it. they are only words and can only hurt you or bother you if you let them. christ think about it! why do you think people bring it up? because they know it will get under someone's skin! they know it will bug the hell out of someone because they let themselves be bothered by someone else's ignorant remarks. like it or not people are free to think feel and say whatever they want. even if you or i think its wrong they still have that right just as we have the right to think feel and say they are wrong.

if this the only thing you have to rant about you're doing better than you think. you let the petty stuff bother you. they're words, pay them no mind.

PWND.

Arent hypocrites great? [sarcasm=10]We need more people like her becase then the world would run ALOT more smoothly. Maybe we should elect her for president.[/sarcasm]

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by MatthewR1985]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Uh, you're about 3 months too late on that thread buddy....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join