It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Suns in the central Arizona Sky 10/19/07

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Nice sundog.

Occurs with light reflecting off ice crystals, similar to irisation (rainbow effects in high level and mid level clouds). Sometimes you get two images on either side of the sun. I have a couple of pics myself

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have seen some spectacular sun dogs out here in the high desert, but more beautiful are the moon dogs.
Never been lucky enough to see more than 2 at a time along with the sun or moon, but there is still hope.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Nice sundog.

Occurs with light reflecting off ice crystals, similar to irisation (rainbow effects in high level and mid level clouds). Sometimes you get two images on either side of the sun. I have a couple of pics myself

I'm starting to get miffed. So in Arizona during October, we see upper atmospher ice? Damn, it gets cold up there, but 80 down here.

The anomaly appears in the chemtrail, and floats with the chemtrail. But yet you sluff it off as a sundog behind the trail? What luck on my part to catch it. I should have played the loto.

Did anyone see the close up? It's not round. The light source appears to be coming from the right where the sun is.

The chemtrail is reflecting it, not the upper atmosphere. Sorry. I saw it grow in the trail, and followed it as the trail drifted.

I wish you guys would look deeper into this.

Thank you for your posts.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Don't mind the haters seawolf. Either way, that is some of the finest visual clarity camcorder footage I have seen. I just started in sales at hh gregg after 22 yrs in the medical field and I am pumped on the latest and greatest electronics. That rocked. Is that a HD cam? Is it hard drive, disk, or mini dv? The clarity was stunning. Just wait till you get a ufo on the that puppy!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Thank you jpm for your kind words.

I don't think my Sony is HD. It's a DCR-DVD 108. I am excited to convert it to X-Ray though. Any day now.

I've been watching strange things in the sky for the past year and a half, and I am no longer going to sit back and ignore it. My Handycam is my witness, and I'm not leaving home without it anymore!

Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yeah I have seen the anomoly many times from various states in the union. I have to say I saved the utube to my favorites as I though it was very well done and I can use this perfect example in the future. You really deserve a star for this one! Good job and I hope to see more of your work in the future.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197

I'm starting to get miffed. So in Arizona during October, we see upper atmospher ice? Damn, it gets cold up there, but 80 down here.

Yes. All high level clouds are made of ice. And however warm it is at sea level, six miles up it can be very cold indeed.

The anomaly appears in the chemtrail

The sundog appears in what looks to be natural high level (cirrus) cloud

Did anyone see the close up? It's not round.

Well you can hardly see it 'close up' as such. But sundogs rarely are round.

The light source appears to be coming from the right where the sun is.

guess why that is

The chemtrail is reflecting it, not the upper atmosphere.

No, it refracting of sunlight though ice crystals. What you call a chemtrail is what the rest of the world calls a cirrus cloud

And here's one I caught earlier

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

Thats not even a friggin chemtrail or a contrail. Its just plain old cirrus cloud. Its only growing because the impression of the sun is moving through a thicker part of the cloud. And as for the light source....what do you think the sun is? Plus it just doesnt grow by itself, thats just ridiculous. I've had enough of these threads , i wasnt attacking you I was prasing your footage yet you still try to carry on about what you think "really happens" but you dont. I know what happens I spent two years training on this stuff and I now work with it, so dont tell me what is happening, cozx youre wrong. I didnt want to say this, for the fear of sounding conceited but ive had enough. So....

I KNOW MORE ABOUT THE WEATHER THAN YOU.

I dont just work in the industry, I take as an outsise hobby

So yeah, sounds like I snapped

[edit on 25/10/2007 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Oz, thank you for your quote. I appreciate it. However, I do have to disgree with you on this.

I was there, and I watched as various aircraft all morning long creating these things.

I am a pilot myself, and I also know a little about the weather.

Thank you again for posting on my thread.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Essan, to you I say thank you as well for posting on my thread.

To you, I will agree with much of what you say, however, I have to say what you claim is a natural cirrus cloud, I watched AIRCRAFT, one after another create these things all morning.

I call that man made, not natural.

If some of you can not accept my word on that, I understand. If you watch the entire video, I show two of the trails side by side, and the one that the anomaly showed up in was very different.

Thank you very much for your comments.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar, thank you very much for your kind words, and your support.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Okay, willing to accept that it was a contrail - which is just a manmade cirrus cloud
They're not always obvious once high level winds have played with them a bit unless you actually see them being formed.

Doesn't really change anything though - although I will say that the huge number of commercial aircraft flying around these days means that phenomena like sundogs are becoming ever more common. Most of the ones I see do appear in old contrails.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ive searched and searched for images taken of a sun dog prior to HARRP and can not seem to find any. I too have taken several pictures of a "sun dog" in central AZ. Prescott Valley to be closer. Could the sun dog story be a cover to conceal HARRP testing?

TOG

<< 1   >>

join