It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails: Debunking the Peristent Contrail myth

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
The average temp in the U.S.( also known as the diurnal range) went up a little bit more than one degree at one point during the time when all the planes were grounded for the three days after 9/11.

P.S. that one degree in three days is staggering.

No.

Diurnal range is nothing to do with average temp. It's the difference between maxima and minima. And it varies considerably from day to day depending on weather conditions.

This brief article explains exactly what Travis etal did after 911:

facstaff.uww.edu...

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Essan]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Mods....could there not be a specific Chemtrails board created, as you did with Area 51?
Then the chemtrail guys could go on and on like they do, despite the theory being debunked over and over again, and thus not clutter up the main boards? Just a thought.

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Essen, you say you are waiting for evidence for your photos and yet when links are given to youtube that shows the evidence, you don't watch it? it seems you are happy to remain in exactly your state of ignorance with no real intention of researching the truth.

If you are open to all possibilities, truth will arrive. But if the door is shut, you remain the same sadly.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceweaver

If the videos answer my question and explain how to tell the difference between a contrail (produced by an aircraft, lingering and sometimes spreading across the sky) and a chemtrail (produced by an aircraft, lingering and sometimes spreading across the sky) maybe someone could tell me what they say and provide references to the information given in them?

Except of course, as we all know, all the videos do is repeat the nonsense already brought up in this and many other discussions - all of which has been repeated shown to be false

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well, getting 'proof' of chemtrails seems almost as elusive as getting any military 'secret'.
The only possibility is air samples!

Here is what one man did in Louisiana;
Liveleak

I KNOW they are spraying over the N.E. Georgia mountains, since 2005 and MANY other places.
You can even see the brown haze on the horizon many evenings!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

You can even see the brown haze on the horizon many evenings!

That's ground based pollution - cars, factories, bonfires etc

It's a lot worse in SE Asian though. And yes, it does affect weather/climate.

www.adb.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Well, getting 'proof' of chemtrails seems almost as elusive as getting any military 'secret'.
The only possibility is air samples!

Here is what one man did in Louisiana;
Liveleak

That doesn't work because how do you prove something found on the ground originated 6 miles overhead or had any connection whatsoever with contrails? You can't.

Best way would be to launch a balloon and collect samples of the ice crystals making up the contrails and analyse what's in them. See if they contain something that's not supposed to be there.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Why the increase in Barium so much???

I just got laid off from one of the few mountain area factories around. They may have worked with cadmium, but not Barium.

Outsourcing has CERTAINLY left us with LESS emissions!
Not to mention Gas prices are curbing travel(a little)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Essen, it is a shame that you keep espousing untruths and shouting it louder and longer than anyone, almost as if you are trying to drown out the truth.

The truth is that planes spew out poisonous chemtrails, which is not to be confused with contrails.

Now I have to wonder if you have some vested interest in shouting untruths here. Do you work for someone who is involved in this evil activity? Is your job to drown out the truth? Why else would you refuse to hear what is going on? It cannot surely be persistant ignorance, there has to be a motive for such behavior.

Surely your behavior can't be the ramblings of a flat earth society candidate? No, there is something more here. Please think about what you are doing and the consequences for not speaking truth.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceweaver

Maybe because I'm concerned about the impacts these contrails are having on our weather and climate?

As I said in another thread: as layman all I can do is support and publicise the scientific research, educate my peers and hopefully increase the clamour for more to be done to stop persistent contrails.

Sadly, some people are happier believing it's "all someone else's fault" rather than accept responsibility for their own actions .....

Want to stop 'chemtrails'? Simple: stop flying!

Oh and the other thing is that given the choice between believing decades of scientific research carried out by tens of thousands of people all over the world, or a bloke in a Youtube video ....... I find that for some inexplicable reason I tend to go for the former.

It is, of course, your prerogative to disbelieve the former and accept the latter. But I'm pretty sure somewhere on Youtube you'll find another bloke claiming the world is flat.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
The average temp in the U.S.( also known as the diurnal range) went up a little bit more than one degree at one point during the time when all the planes were grounded for the three days after 9/11.

P.S. that one degree in three days is staggering.

No.

Diurnal range is nothing to do with average temp. It's the difference between maxima and minima. And it varies considerably from day to day depending on weather conditions.

This brief article explains exactly what Travis etal did after 911:

facstaff.uww.edu...

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Essan]

Dr. Travis says "we found that the change in temperature range was just over 1 degree celsius and from a layman's perspective that doesn't sound like much but from a climate perspective that is HUGE"

So what were you saying about 1 degree is normal? and you said that you measured that difference just a little wile back? HAHAHA LIER

"THIS WAS THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE IN 30 YEARS"

-Alien

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It's the difference in the average diurnal range.

So, for example, if we take 3 different weeks:

Sun 5.6c
Mon 6.9c
Tues 10.8c
Weds 15.0c
Thurs 4.8c
Fri 3.4c
Sat 10.5c

Average: 8.1c

Sun 4.2c
Mon 20.1c
Tues 12.2c
Weds 4.2c
Thurs 4.7c
Fri 3.8c
Sat 7c

Average: 8.0c

Sun 7.3c
Mon 5.9c
Tues 10.5c
Weds 9.8c
Thurs 9.1c
Fri 8.7c
Sat 10.7c

Average: 8.8c

We can see that despite a huge range in daily diurnal range, the first 2 weeks are on average similar whilst the third week has a significantly larger range.

And that is what the study found.

Although, as pointed out some time back, there are many who now dispute these findings, not least because the period is too small for any statistical significance.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by motherofsquirrelkiller
I ONLY see these really early in the morning or right before dusk. What explains the times for such vapor trails to be seen just at those times? I doubt that there is any explaination for that except that they are being pumped out from the back of an aircraft.

They are not just limited to one or two perpendicular trails, but sometimes seen as a 'Tic Tac Toe' or 'Plaid' pattern. That can't possibly be a natural phenomenon.

slightly off topic...sorry...but here in the southeast states they seems to be doing it in the late afternoon and seem to started a new trend in the past half year or so and are covering the sun. i've noticed this change in the pattern because it's been making taking photos of them very hard. there is also more activity at night than there has been.

as for contrails...the question someone posed up above is simple yet really says it well...contrails might spread under the right conditions, but not across the entire sky, blanketing it with a mass of clouds.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I cannot fathom how this completely idiotic rumor has spread into the world wide paranoia it has become today.

I have friends that believe in contrails. They will state over and over it's the governments attempt at... friggin whatever personal or societal problems they can blame on them.

Don't you delusional people think that this would be well known about if it were actually true? What about the people who fly the jets? the aviation workers? the people who make the fuel? what about the air traffic controllers? someone in the FBI? or the CIA?

If this were REAL, it would involve a substantial amount of people to make it happen. We would have REAL evidence that would have come from REAL people who actually would have made this happen. Not everyone can be 'silenced'...

Contrails are caused by water vapor in the atmopshere. Everytime i see one it makes sense to me. I know the flight path. I know the conditions that render the trail clean or washed away. It FITS.

But to think that this commercial airliner has somehow been involved in a conspiracy against the people of planet earth to somehow effect us fro 30,000 feet in the air?

LOOK AT THE REAL PROBLEMS PEOPLE.

Do you drive a car? Well you logically are doing more damage to the planet then a 'contrail' could ever do.

How much time do you engage in this paranoia? You are doing yourself far more damage with these 'paranoid' thoughts.

Seriously, people, get a grip. Lets focus on the REAL problems of the world, instead of engaging in this stupid debate. THE WORLD IS NOT AGAINST YOU!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sostyles

you think, they are spraying these substances, to.. reflect the sunlight ..?
As you said yourself, these trails do not contribute to human health, not to any living organisms health. In fact, it may cause serious harm to your health. You think rational people, who whe expect to govern our countries, would allow for the spraying of these substances, while knowing it has a bad influence on our public health?

Global Warming, is the biggest scam i have seen yet. Global Warming, is fear mongering. It allows the governments to put taxes, on nearly every product subject to trade. Whe are being induced to a state, where whe will accept every legislation, that the state introduces, to combat global warming. Just like terrorism, whe are indoctrinated and hypnotized, fighting an enemy, that has never existed.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Amazing how there can be so many alternative realities happening at once.
You have yours and I have mine.
In my reality and where I live there are no con-trails from jets that linger for hours or glow peculiar rainbow colors.
How is that , when the same jets fly here as there and the same weather conditions also exist from time to time?
This is not to say that I don't believe something very slight of hand is occurring in the States and other chosen nations .

Anyway here is an exert and a video showing that alternate reality , that some refuse to see.

The document contained below is very damning. It should be a stark wake up call for any that still deny the existence of massive covert weather modification programs which are coordinated by various governments around the world. It outlines in great detail the existence of expanding US weather modification programs for at least a decade prior to the document in question. (Back to at least 1956). A “special commission” is outlined in this document to coordinate the multiple governmental agencies involved with US weather modification programs as well as independent contractors and universities which the report also mentions. It covers the “management” of international impacts, legal and social ramifications, species disruptions, biological consequences, etc.

SEE LINK FOR DOCUMENT

www.geoengineeringwatch.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by stompk

I was the person that invented chemtrails.
Jim Phelps, Oak Ridge Labs

Jim Phelps is a fantasist. But how does he debunk the existence of supposed chemtrails in 1970?
..Cloud seeding has been going since 1918 and the government has been making secret experiments poisoning it's own population: www.guardian.co.uk...
Millions were in germ war tests
Much of Britain was exposed to bacteria sprayed in secret trials

I'm offended by your assumption that millions of people are lying about what they are seeing, feeling, and reading.

I'm not accusing anyone of lying

But why can no-one dispute the meteorological explanation for 'chemtrails'??????
.. Tell me what humidity and temperature is needed to create contrails and do the same for "persistent contrails". By the way. I never saw any "persistent-contrails" the first 50 years of my life and I have been living in Athens as a kid, spend entire Summers on Crete and used a solar grill from 95-99. First time I noticed chemhaze was on Crete in 2001. My solar grill wasn't working right. It always did before even under partially clouded sky.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Antinazi

You also didn't see the high bypass turbofans that you see now. The new engines leave more and longer lasting trails than any previous engine ever did.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Anyway here is an exert and a video showing that alternate reality , that some refuse to see.

And here is a video that you should see...

Enjoy....

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join