It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascism in America?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Correct me if i'm wrong but isnt the USA in debt by lots (i know most countries are) couldnt it use some of this on repaying that debt... or maybe it figures its so powerful it wont have to eventually...

some of the military spend could be used to improving the education system... now you cant tell me that its good enough with all these uneducated americans running around in their 'hoods' bustin caps and what not...

or maybe use some cash in improving the lives of the povert striken or investing into medical science or the space program or something else that doesnt involve killing thousands of innocent people each year and provoking a response through terror attacks...

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Correct me if i'm wrong but isnt the USA in debt by lots (i know most countries are) couldnt it use some of this on repaying that debt... or maybe it figures its so powerful it wont have to eventually...

Take money from the military and you have a bunch of paid for equipment that's just laying around. Take our carriers. They have upkeep, and when they're jsut sitting in dock they're wasted money. Pull too much, and the thing become a hulking money-pit.

Trust me, the US isn't planning on using it's military pwoer to renege on debts. It'll pay them. Money makes the world go 'round, you know.

some of the military spend could be used to improving the education system... now you cant tell me that its good enough with all these uneducated americans running around in their 'hoods' bustin caps and what not...

That's throwing money at the problem, which they've tried. What you need to do is clean up the streets and build up the inner city, then rebuilding the education system.

or maybe use some cash in improving the lives of the povert striken or investing into medical science or the space program or something else that doesnt involve killing thousands of innocent people each year and provoking a response through terror attacks...

Sounds like you just don't want the money in the military, and you don't care where it goes.
Again this is throwing money at the problem. You want to eliminate world poverty? Remove the governments that keep their people poor.

Now how, pray tell, do you remove a government

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuPP
Dr. Lawrence Britt has examined the fascist regimes of Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia) and several Latin American regimes.
Britt found 14 defining characteristics common to each:
Anyone see "any" of these traits in America today?
Yes, I do see many of the similarities, probably all of them would apply. American government is at the forefront of the global fascist state, and any type of regime that stands in its way get wiped out, those that don't fit the "democracy" status.

But, American officials do a lot of bad stuff to make American citizens think that there is a threat "out there" that are trying to topple America.

The cabal in America today has a very good strategy of fooling people with the media and they are strategically moving the world under one government.

The think I really dislike about the Project for the new american century is that it is killing a lot of innocent lives.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Regardless, USA budget for military machine exceeds any other expenses.

Social Security.

So you're saying we spend more on social security than our military?

More info.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The way I see it, the government has a choice... military or universal health care.
The U.S. chose military and the health care are run by penny penching corporate hospitals.

I agree and think it is very obvious that the U.S. is on the verge of announcing itself as facist. Just watch the national news and you can see how bad cronyism and corruption goes sometimes.

The key here is that the corporations are in charge of our government. That is the main rute that leads to fascism. Communism on the other hand is when the government is in charge or the corporations.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
When I read this I knew there'd be an idiot to paste all of the content again and give a little rebuttal.

Congratulations nonamehere, your the idiot.

What really gets on my nerves is that I see more and more of "your" instead of "you're".

Get it right!

There are loads more on bushflash.com

www.bushflash.com/14.html

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
I'd have to say your right... the US is 100% corrupt and i dont hold it against you regular citizens over there... i hold it against the administration (not just bush, all of them) your 'land of the free' slogan is just face value... but because your country is the most powerful no-one can do # about it
No country in the world is powerfull ,

There are Terrorist's who can use a biological or chemichal or bomb or something deadly like that for defense.

There is no powefull country that post proves there is no need for armies now day.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hawaii_boy,

I am at a complete loss here. What you are trying to tell us with your post?

What are terrorists supposed to defend with a WMD

You´re right. Countries aren´t powerful. The men in power are... Ironically, men in power does not always equal heads of state.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardToGet
Hawaii_boy,

I am at a complete loss here. What you are trying to tell us with your post?

What are terrorists supposed to defend with a WMD

You´re right. Countries aren´t powerful. The men in power are... Ironically, men in power does not always equal heads of state.
I am saying that military are useless.

Any country b ing fighting bossing around other countries or useing high military power airforce , navy etc, are useless

why are they useless because of terrorists can use biological , chemiceal ,bombs, anything that causes millions of people to fall out.

That 's why armies are useless because of terrorist's can fight back if someone fight's them in other ways such as military they fight back by terrorism.

Think about it if a country uses an army military etc any other thing like that , then the other country can retaliate fight back by useing terrorism and biological attacks inside the country theyre fighting.A biological attack can make millions of people disapear.

[edit on 29-5-2006 by Hawaii_boy]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
because of character restrictions i will be removing description from original categories.

Originally posted by namehere
1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism

What powerful or culture rich country doesnt do this? this is no sign of fascism

Actually there is a reason to this. Pyschologically, by creating a we and them mentality, you open the door to segregation and racism. How do you think the Nazis got people into hating the Jews, by German pride. Without that pride, they wouldnt have looked down on the jews nearly as much because they would just be people then. Patriotism and nationalism are the best tools to further the idea that we are superior to others.

2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights -

this has no basis on facts and generalises the whole country based on a few unconnected events.

actually it does, its directly connected to #1. By creating the we and them mentality, you open the door to segregation. You cant dehumanize a group of people till you have seperated them. Nationalism is the way you seperate them from eachother. Then you can dehumanize them, and evetually people will see them as animals and not deserving of human rights, because they arent looked at as human.

3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause -

again this is a generalisation of everyone based on the actions of a few and anyways how is a war on terrorists not their fault? trying to justify terrorism here? i mean hello it is wrong no matter whos at fault.

Patriotic frenzy is needed for war. War is profitable. War is another stage. First nationalism, then dehumanizing, then going to war. Its not defense, its imperialism. Its the belief that we are the best, which is a sense makes them believe they are entitled to rule. In their eyes, they are the best and is their system.

4. Supremacy of the Military -

oh yea 3 percent of the budget is a disproportionate amount of funding alright and where is the military glamorized by the government? you want to control what people think now? its not one groups choice what people want to glamorize or not.

The media usually does this on their own. I havent seen the quote from the man who started facism yet so here it is: "Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini. The government glamorizes the military every moment it can. The media usually does, unless it develops a grudge, then it smears it. Bush didnt make friends in the media. Media and advertising has a great deal of effect on what is or isnt glamorized. If you cant see that, then I dont know what to tell you. Movies glamorize soldiers, movies glamorize death and violence, movies glamorize war.

5. Rampant Sexism -

lol oh please this is human nature how society is, and how is wanting to keep traditional ways a bad thing? anyways abortion is more common in a fascist state than a free nation, abortion is not right in any society, homosexuals arent suppressed at all except by some people(not the govt) also i dont see the government representing itself as a guardian of anything so i dont see where anyone gets that

If thats true, then fascism finally has something on a republic because we sure do suck at giving women and homosexuals equal rights.

6. Controlled Mass Media -

guess all of europe is fascist too, more media companies there are state owned than in the US and canada

this guy actually has it off, corperation controls the government, so they also control the media. That is a perfect description of america right now. Everything is owned by big business. That is the BIGGEST tell tale sign of fascism.

7. Obsession with National Security -

this is just assumption by mainly a paranoid few

8. Religion and Government are Intertwined -

lol ok if you say so, i dont see this often at all

you dont? Tell me, what president believe that god told him to go to war? that would be bush, who got a majority of votes from evangelistic(sp?) christians. Religion is starting to be intertwined more and more. I think this is one of the few aspects that we really havent achieved yet. I also dont think its nearly as important though.

9. Corporate Power is Protected -

no this just shows corruption and greed- human nature

this is by far the most true. Our politicians campaigns are paid for by them. They lobby them, they buy them out. Its by far the biggest part of fascism, a corporate owned government.

10. Labor Power is Suppressed -

riight, this is just bs with no facts suggesting such is true

Not true? Whos the biggest threat to corporations? Corporations run the government in a fascist state. Obviously trade unions are surpressed. Illegal immigrants are a great leverage for corporations to use against unions. I can assure you that they are using it.

11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts -

lol ok thats just funny, what hostility can you point out? only isolated incidences that arent related

funny, because I noticed that the cool thing now is to not be educated. Ive actually seen people make fun of another kid because the kid liked to read. Its funny, because most kids now look down on people who read, and education.

12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment -

lol no, liberals prefer to do anything they please and dont like rules and cry foul if they disagree

all we need is the national police and we are completely set. I dont think the FBI counts...well sort of. Guess what rules that dont go on the guidelines of "life liberty and the pursuit of happines" or protecting it (by defensive means, not offensive) are the dangerous ones. We perfer to do anything we please, so long as it doesnt infringe on others

13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption -

this occurs in every government free or not

not if the public cares. If they cared, the government would put the people who are best fit for the job. It happens because we let it. Most nations are forced though.

14. Fraudulent Elections -

this is just ignorance of the election process and being sore losers

im going to pretend you werent even serious on this one. This happens big time, because corporations have the money to do so. When a company is building these machines for voting, who do you think has access to it? The entire thing is coporate won, so what direction do you think it will go in? Surprised that we are in a war for oil when bush main supporter was none other then Texas Gas And Oil?

Yes I see just about all of them. Corporate owned media, military, government. Nationalism everywhere

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
First of all there is no such thing or race ethnicity as American only if youre a native in blood even they came.

Everybody came even haole.I treat every race really good with and everyone the same.In a peacefull way.

In America there is racial profileing if youre latin,asian,or other you can't get a good paying job or make good money , because all the high paying jobs with high salaries are taken by white americans.That is why there is racial profiling.

I have seen other nationalities races being treated bad and there is racism a lot.

Nationalism a lot of countries Nations are Nationalists and are Nationalism is used for only the people that are part of that country race are only everything but not other than then are negative.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wanted to post and share. Yes, it goes along with the topic
www.etherzone.com...

Yeah, and then this article too. This stuff validates what "grimreaper" said above. It's here........
www.alternet.org...

[edit on 31-5-2006 by jensouth31]

[edit on 31-5-2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It's astounding to me that anyone could not see all 14 behaviors in this country today.

But, of course, 'none are so blind as those who will not see.'

The proper debate is whether those 14 characteristics are exclusive to Fascist states. Could one not see much of the same in the majority of the world's countries?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_Peel
The proper debate is whether those 14 characteristics are exclusive to Fascist states. Could one not see much of the same in the majority of the world's countries?

Some of them are going to apply in varying degrees to about every nation on Earth, I would imagine.

The problem is when they all apply very appropriately, as when the patriotism is marked (becomes nationalism, or jingoism, which is very dangerous). Surely no one can deny how insanely militaristic the US is now. The same with extreme corporatism, and our government's attitude towards civil/human rights, of which it provides examples constantly.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
regarding to this, something of mine can be found here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join