It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The death of bigfoot...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 02:53 AM
link   
smh.com.au...

Bet ya some morons won't believe this article...
December 6 2002

Now that Ray Wallace, the man who used giant wooden feet to make footprints and lure people into believing in the existence of Bigfoot, is dead, his family has admitted the whole phenomena was a hoax.

Wallace, 84, died on November 26, 44 years after using the fake feet to make footprints in northern California, beginning years of debate and scientific research geared toward determining whether the giant primate existed and was wandering the state's wilderness.

Others had for a long time believed Wallace had fabricated the story in a monster of a prank.

"Ray L Wallace was Bigfoot," his son, Michael, was quoted as saying by the Seattle Times in today's edition. "The reality is, Bigfoot just died."

Wallace strapped the wooden feet to his own feet and trekked around Humboldt County in 1958. The footprints were discovered by a bulldozer operator working for his company, Wallace Construction, and the joke was off and running.

As years passed, filmmakers flocked to the area, and one crew captured a hazy shot of Bigfoot walking away from the camera.

Wallace later told family members he knew who was wearing the suit.

The image became the centre of countless documentaries and television shows aired on American television as the legend grew.

[Edited on 6-12-2002 by Netchicken]

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 03:45 AM
link   
There is new Big Foot. He has a hat, he's smoking a cigarette and he's playing guitar.

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'd come across a report on a cryptozoology site recently that mentioned Wallace started the US Bigfoot legends; that it was a joke played on people at a company he worked for.

I tend to believe this... but much harder to explain away is the yeti.

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 02:45 PM
link   
You have a point there Byrd, even though Bigfoot was a hoax that does not meen that the Yeti too is fake. But the family could be doing this for attention...

[Edited on 12-6-2002 by JediMaster]

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well, first, one guy can't explain all the stuff found. Second, can you say 15 seconds of fame?

Besides, bigfoot been around for centuries as Sasquatch, to the Indians.

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 02:36 PM
link   
WOuldnt u wanna be imortalized forever as bigfoot?? i mean sounds silly but think about it

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I agree with James the lesser..So every one is to fall into place with this haoxster...even the American Native Indians..While i do think this guy may have very well been the most complete Hoax adtist..i dont think that the whole Bigfoot thing be written off...just yet!

Boomslang..

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Not only the Indian thing, look at this the familt simply wants fame. They lost a family member, and they are saddened. Plus how can one man go all over Oregon, Washigton, and Californa?

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Byrd believes in Yeti, and yet doesn't believe that an old organization filled with the most influential people has any affect on societies direction. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.....

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 07:21 AM
link   
But the media loves to throw everything in one bunch anyhow. They won't even mention the name Sasquatch...

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 10:58 AM
link   
While it is possible that the sasquatch is a hoax, what about all the other big ape myths and legends across the world? The Yeti in the Himalayas, Almas in Mongolia and Central Asia, the Yowee of Australia, to mention a few. The mountain Gorilla was once considered to be a myth and it's story was very similar to the myths of these cryptids. Also, if there is a mystery ape somewhere, couldn't it also be in North America? North America once had species of Lions, Zebras, Rhinos and other African species. This Hoaxer only popularized the existence of this creature and alerted the puplic to its existence.

XAOS

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Death Of Bigfoot ?
I too feel it is a little premature to announce the death of "bigfoot". There have been reports of human ecounters with an ape-like creature dating back into the 1870's, and that was about 40 years before the Hoaxter was even born.

Northwest Indian Tribes (Yakima, Blackfoot, Flathead) all have similar traditions of such a creature, some of which are memorilized in their Totem Poles and can be seen in museums.
Dead; I would wait a bit longer before ordering up an autopsey.
Keep Up the Good Work; Ted Gieseking

new topics

top topics

join