It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran : We can Fire 11000 Missiles Out in 1 Minute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Iran has claimed that they can fire out 11,000 missiles in the first minute of a conflict as reported in CBS news...
www.cbsnews.com...

PDf copy of the above article :
www.anomalicresearch.com...

We have done an a hypothetical but plausible analysis of how the US may counter this. It is based upon anecdotal research and paints a very scary picture.

That the US may consider the usage of Nuetron Bombs in order to keep the Iranian missile crews from remaining alive long enough to fire their missile systems.

That the US is strongly suspect of testing a TLAM Block V Tomahawk Cruise missile on Baghdad in 2003 LOADED WITH A NUETRON DEVICE - which liquified 2000 Iraqis who were trying to mount a counter-strike on 3/7 Calvary back in the initial stages of the invasion.

That the US may employ super secret - Grasers or Gamma Ray Lasers, for which we have posted the patent for it as recorded in the US patent office roughly around 1990 for just such a device by LLNL (Lawrence Livermore Laboratories).

We would anticipate that George Bush will probably have to convert at least 1 or two carriers into 'Political Currency' by allowing them to be sunk in order to hopefully stay the hand of the world community allowing punitive and lethal nuclear strikes by B-2 Stealth Bombers launched from Diego Garcia Island.

This Will precipitate the release of many bio-weapons engineered by BOTH the US, China and Russia against each other, while pretending to want to employ a peaceful solution - if at all..

We would suspect Billions are going to die.

Check out our hypothetical scenario
www.anomalicresearch.com

Naturally this post will draw its usual cluster of ill-informed debunkers. For their posts I will just pre-post a counter - ITS HYPOTHETICAL OKAY, BUT BASED ON REAL RESEARCH. Expect the usual two-headed reptillian at the controls while wearing a tin-foil hat nonsense, or the usual America doesn't even have nuclear devices or nuetron bombs (we post a picture of an actual nuetron bomb test done by the Chinese and show how its different from a standard Hydrogen bomb test.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by XR500Final]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Wow, i....just.....wow. To me i guess its more propaganda by Iran, like scaring Isreal about wiping them off the map and their supposed 600 missiles aimed at them.

Interesting theory though , about a counter to Irans possibility of releasing that many missiles.

But what a waste i would think, that would extinguish alot of missiles in just 1 minute, thats so many! What would be the point? What kind of missiles are they, and what are they capable of? Aimed at where also?

Point being, it is still possible we are edging ever closer to war with Iran in armed military conflict, if the diplomacy part fails (which almost ultimatly does unfortuantly when 2+ countries have a dicotomy in agenda with each other and the world. Not always, but in this scenario it may apply).

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

This shows a picture of insurgents in Iraq launching Iranian made rockets at a US base. Now onto the 11,000 rockets that Iran says it will launch at the enemy bases.

First, does Iran have 11,000 rockets? I don't know and who can verify this claim?

Second, how would they be told to launch within a minute? Is there some type of Iranian C3 system setup that covers the entire Middle East?

Third, does this seem like Iran is saying that they have supplied insurgents in Iraq and other countries with rockets that will be used against the enemy? How else could 11,000 rockets be fired at enemy bases if they aren't already in other countries? How many bases are in the range of these rockets if they are to be employed from Iranian soil? Do these rockets really travel over 100 miles? That sounds more like a missile to me.

If supplying insurgents isn't the case then they must have Guard members in all the countries that Iran's enemies are in with rockets ready to launch, that is if the rockets won't be able to hit any enemy bases from Iranian soil. If that is the case then Iran is going to get into some serious trouble for making such a statement. That is if any of this is true.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I have to say, my knee-jerk reaction is to consider this to be simple sabre-rattling on the part of Iran, and not really a credible threat.

Even if they do have eleven thousand rockets that they can put in the air within one minute of the first bomb landing on Iranian soil, what does that really mean? Readers might notice that the actual statement made by the Iranians doesn't, in fact, refer to "missiles". It refers to rockets. The statement was also issued by the officer in command of the Revolutionary Guard's missile assets, so I doubt that it was a case of using the wrong terminology. Eleven thousand rockets, while a large number of weapons, is not necessarily the overwhelming concentration of firepower that it may seem to be at first. Any real judgement on the matter needs to take into consideration what kind of rockets are being discussed here.

The terms rocket and missile are not necessarily synonymous. A missile is generally a guided projectile, while a rocket is usually an unguided weapon designed to be fired en masse. Additionally, even within the rocket category, there is a lot of variation. For instance, the Hydra-70 rocket has a diameter of 2.75 inches, while the M26A2 rocket measures just under nine inches in diameter and is nearly thirteen feet long.

In my opinion, what the statement probably refers to are Katyusha-style rocket artillery systems, likely Iran's Arash variant of the Soviet BM-21 design. This is a reasonably accurate system with a range of about thirty thousand meters. Furthermore, Katyusha rockets are cheap, making firing eleven thousand in the first minute of a war feasible from an economic perspective. Although such weapons would represent a credible threat to any invading army, they would hardly grant Iran any kind of crippling advantage.

The SS-1 Scud could also be considered a rocket, due to its lack of guidance, but military men generally refer to it as a missile. It's doubtful that this is what is being referred to, however, for two reasons. First, the First Iraq War showed that western powers are quite adept at neutralizing these weapons. Secondly, while Iran does have several of these weapons, it is unlikely that they can launch eleven thousand of them quickly. Each Scud launch vehicle is a rather large piece of machinery, and only carries one missile. To fire eleven thousand Scuds in less than a minute would take eleven thousand launchers.

Incidentally, if the weapons being referred to are Katyushas, the IRG would only need to field about two hundred and twenty Arash launch vehicles to put eleven thousand rockets into the air in under a minute. The restricting factor is not one of rate of fire, but one of ammunition. Each individual Arash carries only forty rockets, and can expend every last one of them in about twenty seconds. Thus, if Iran has two hundred and twenty Arash launch vehicles - I don't know if they do - they could easily launch eleven thousand rockets at enemy bases within the first minute of an attack. They'd have to be within thirty kilometers of the target to do so, but they could do it.

To conclude: Iran probably can fire eleven thousand rockets in one minute, if everything goes their way. That capability probably wouldn't give them a decisive advantage, however. As for how this capability could be countered, the M270 MLRS has an effective range that is at least fifteen kilometers greater, and thus can be used for counter-battery fire. For that matter, if air superiority can be achieved, ground attack aircraft could be used to engage any formations of Arash launch vehicles that are encountered.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Cante]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Nice spin of the article...you make it sound like Iran said this as a threat to the US... are you working for Fox News?

The Guards ground force will fire 11,000 rockets into identified enemy positions within the first minute of any aggression against the Iranian territory

This was talked about as a defensive measure if the US attacks Iran. Of course I know that the US previously have said that Iran "threatened" them by having missiles capable of reaching their forces outside Iran.

Stop being stupid about this... the US went to Iraq and is now planning to attack Iran. How would you react to Russia taking over Canada and planning an attack on the United States? Its the same thing.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
First, the idea that this was said as a threat to the United States isn't a conclusion that I drew alone. It's one that appears to be drawn by the OP - and you have my apologies, XR500Final, if it isn't - as well as one that appears to be supported by the news article that prompted this thread. Second, when I compare the capabilities of the Katyusha to American hardware, it's because that's what I'm most familiar with. Third, if this wasn't said as a threat to the American forces, then who was it said as a threat to? They're not exactly likely to be invaded by Azerbaijan, after all.

If someone tries to break into your house and you say "hey, I've got a shotgun in here, and I know how to use it", you are uttering a threat. You are telling him that, if he attempts to come into your house, uninvited, you will consider it a hostile act and send him home in a body bag. Threatening a potential burglar is a very different thing from taking that same shotgun and using it to demand money from some guy on the street but, in both cases, the shotgun is being used as a threat. Just because an action may be justified doesn't change the nature of that action.

Readers might note that neither the original article, nor my post, suggested that Iran was about to use their eleven thousand rockets in a preemptive strike. Frankly, unless they actually launched them at the Americans all of a sudden, using a few Katyushas - which I think is what is likely being discussed - as an excuse for invasion would be absurd. Katyusha rockets and their launchers can be found just about anywhere that Soviet military hardware was sold, and have been more or less since the end of the Second World War. It'd be a little bit ridiculous to start getting pissy about their presence now.

The two posters above me asked questions about the nature of the rockets and their capabilities. I gave my opinion on what I thought was being discussed, as well as addressing the idea of a likely counter for those weapons, should they be used. That's it. End of story. They brought up questions, I gave what I thought was the likely answer.

Incidentally, if you really want to attack my post, I'll give you a freebie. The initial line of the post was as follows:

I have to say, my knee-jerk reaction is to consider this to be simple sabre-rattling on the part of Iran, and not really a credible threat.

Fast forward to the end of that monstrosity of mine, and you'll find that I reverse myself. I end up saying that, yeah, they probably can launch eleven thousand rockets in under a minute, but that I still don't think it's that frightening.

Basically, at the beginning of my post, I was talking trash, then changed my position as I thought about it more and looked up some of the facts without addressing my original statement. If you want to attack my post, go after the inconsistencies. Don't throw this "Fox News" crap at me and cast aspersions on my intelligence. If you want to make a point, make it. Personal insults are completely unnecessary, and only waste time.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
That's great news! Thanks!

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
11,000 missiles or not.. If Iran gets attacked it has nothing to lose. So why not send off all your missiles to wherever you chose? At least they will go down in a blaze of glory.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
11'0000 is that all???

man they are so far behind the times
)))

Enter the new weopon for the US and the ~UK

Metal Storm

LoL hehehehe

All the best,

NeoN HaZe

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The first post seems to displays a fundamental misunderstanding as to what a "neutron bomb" is. Contrary to popular belief a neutron bomb, or the related cobalt salted bomb, does not simply kill people while leaving the surrounding area intact. A neutron bomb is unshielded, which does increase the gamma ray output(the main usage is to target tank crews in the event of massive armor division warfare). However, it still requires a nuclear explosion to create those gamma rays. If a neutron device were used in iraq(or anywhere else, for that matter) every country in the world that monitors atmospheric radiation levels would know almost immediately. On top of that, some people might notice that a large chunk of baghdad no longer exists.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by random hero]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
There is a problem in that the US can't know for sure where all the launch sites are. It can't assume all the bombs will destroy their targets. Furthermore, I bet Iran has some stuff stowed in Syria and maybe even Lebanon and Iraq. There's absolutely no guarantee a pre-emptive strike would save Israel's butt.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What needs to be said here is that we don't really know all of Irans capabilities. I've read enough to know that the intelligence is blurry. As a matter of fact various people working for the government has said that the intelligence is blurry and iran keeps secrets. They've had at least 19 years to prepare for war with the United States, I heard they started really preparing again in 1996, and it seems that they've chosen missles as their key weapons. But they've had 6 years since 2001 and throughout all of this time the chinese, nkoreans and russians have been there selling weapons.

The U.S. is in a crappy situation because she underestimated her enemies, ied's have been major killers for the army. I remember when there were people who said Iran wouldn't even be smart enough to figure out tactics against the U.S. as if the nations down there haven't learned from years of war, or can't outsmart the U.S. Then hezbollah outperformed israel and that changed that.

I'm not trying to exaggerate for iran, i'm pretty sure there are exaggerations on their part, but we don't really know what's what and underestimating the enemy is no way to go to war.

With that said I read this article and I remember a different paper quoting that they said 11,000 rockets and cannons, so part of it is shelling.

When I first heard this I thought to myself that this is the return of the achaemenids. But also Iran and her allies have yet to gain a total victory in war, but they have gained victories; indeed they have yet to lose.

new topics

top topics

join