It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if the us dollar is going to collapse then the most important question is perhaps when

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I personally am not 100% sure either way but I do see and understand a lot of the arguments, but to be honest i think the one saving grace and it is the same thing that has made th eus so strong is its citizens.

Now I am not saying that us citizens are any better than other countries citizens but the people living here and wanting to emmigrate here are ambitious and capitalistic people. So they work hard and are very entreprenuerial to make money which is what the ecnonomy is all about.

But debt is debt and it is getting to be unmanagable plus there are certain other factors that can influence our downfall(currency and economy).

So what i wanted to find out is when those that think the us ecnonomy is going to collapse (dollar wise) this will happen.

middle of 08', around the elections, still couple years away or as soon as this xmas? I perosnally have no idea but im hoping its later rather than sooner

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

Why would it collapse, it's not worthless... if anything it will just lose value. I think one analyst said it really should be worth 1/3rd of what is now...

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
1/3 rd of what it is now will still cause very severe problems for all except high net worth individuals. I mean even if your worth $1 million now you will only be worth $333000.

I mean cmon think about it if everything increases in cost by 200% thats still a huge problem, crime will skyrocket.

The diference with the US compared to otehr countires is the number of weapons in the country, dont think for a moment that if prices increase even if only by 100% that there wont be daily grocery store and other types of armed robberies.

It will be chaos

join