It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My review of "Seeker:The Dark Is Rising"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I must be seeing to many movies lately.....

Yeah, this was a very well crafted film, cinematic eye candy and some great images but the story/script was a little trite. Savior of Mankind is a 14 year old boy....please.

Based on Susan Cooper's Seeker novels and I'm sure this movie will appeal to all "harry potteroids" for the cuteness factor if nothing else. Teenage girls are already starting a Alex Ludwig fan club as we speak; I'm sure.
But I found the editing very amateurish with many unanswered question so the viewer was left going.....whaaa....

Maybe it's just me, but it is gonna take more than just clever CGI to have me give a thumbs up on this one.

I know that fantasy needs to be taken with a grain of salt but there was no challenge, just one cute scene after another. I hate "cute" sorry.

It's also obvious that from the response to my reviews that very few people care about my opinion anyway. But I'm on a mission from God.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by whaaa]

cj6

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I thought this movie looked a little interesting, though I didnt bother to see it in theaters....I dont think anyone did! Seems like everyones trying to find Harry Potter-like success, but nothing will ever measure up to it!
I liked Eragon though!

new topics

join