It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Age in England?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
25 January 2004

Britain is likely to be plunged into an ice age within our lifetime by global warming, new research suggests.

A study, which is being taken seriously by top government scientists, has uncovered a change "of remarkable amplitude" in the circulation of the waters of the North Atlantic.

read the rest of the article here news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This theory is due to disturbances in the THC, check here for more detailed info.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Well if we are plunged into an iceage dont worry as it would happen so fast you wouldnt know, you would be encaged in ice instantly like wooly mamoths were they had no time to escape prooving an iceage is super fast in happening, so you could be typing away then bam frozen solid lol.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
According a documentary on this i watched on this, scientists predict that will happen even 50 years, even 20 in the extreme scenario. These last few freak days of snow in Britain have shown how at risk the country is from a 'big freeze'.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
A kick like this is just what the stupid humans need. A great big kick in the arse...

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't know about a forthcoming "Ice Age" in UK, but yesterday's conditions certainly caused major disruption here:

news.bbc.co.uk...

I can hardly wait if we really *do* have an Ice Age!!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I found it shameful the way the goverment handled the snow. I mean there was very little grit anywhere, people sliding on there backsides. Shame on Labour. Vote Lib Dems !

[Edited on 29-1-2004 by ragingsystem]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
"Britain is likely to be plunged into an ice age within our lifetime by global warming, new research suggests."

Wow...can someone explain how that makes sense at all????....

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yup, read this last week, www.abovetopsecret.com..., after hearing this on C2C one morning...some interesting discussions insued over this topic alone...

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
yes that was Horizon i think talking about the weather system and how it affects the sea and the under sea current to heat things up and cool down, things are showing thats its getting slowly colder under sea currents, so we could be heading for a world change in next 50 years with ice covering all UK we probably move to USA OR Australia or somewhere, also in next 50 years are we not meant to expect over a million extinctions of animasl, plants an things?????

then again we can actually stop this from happening by dumping iron i think into the ocean.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs

"Britain is likely to be plunged into an ice age within our lifetime by global warming, new research suggests."

Wow...can someone explain how that makes sense at all????....

Not to be rude but once again go check this thread and it will explain how global warming can cause ice ages.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragingsystem
I found it shameful the way the goverment handled the snow. I mean there was very little grit anywhere, people sliding on there backsides.

We say every year that they should have gritted the roads earlier. We are never prepared in time for the snow.
It was very strange 2 nights ago because along with the snow fall we had a couple of claps of thunder and lightning here on the southeast coast. I've never known the two together before, but it obviously must be possible.
The snow is all clear outside now but the way it came down was the heaviest I've seen for years. The last time I remember proper snow was in my last year at school, in 1987.
I'd hate an ice age because I'm a summer person, but I suppose we would just have to get used to it and cope somehow. I just wonder what sort of effect it will have on the wildlife and vegetation in this part of the world.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I was in that bad weather on wednesday, I had to abandon my car and walk for 3 hours in a business suit. It was blizzarding (by uk standards) non-stop. The roads were totally blocked in a 20 mile radius. It was bizzare, nothing moved. I had no intention of spending the night in a freezing car, which was about to run out of juice. So, I walked.

Brr is all I can say. I hope this doesn't happen, I hate the cold.

new topics

top topics

join