It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 100+WU Club

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I joined the elitist club over the weekend... jumped 9 spots on the ladder as well.

104 and counting......

Chris

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
well done

don't forget to print your 100 certificate !

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm quickly heading towards 100 WU's.

I get about 35-40 done a week.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Well done everybody for reaching the milestone!! Go on to get your 250, 500, 1000 .....

Let's go ATS SETI@home team!!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Got there today. Damn this slow-assed computer....it's like pulling teeth!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaitan
Got there today. Damn this slow-assed computer....it's like pulling teeth!

Very many congratualtions Shaitan!!

88th position - out 0f 273 - nice work!!
Hang on in there my friend!!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I am currently in 28 with 670. I have been doing this for over 2 years. I just wish I had a faster computer because I am only averaging 1 wu/day. I saw a post that spectre was using something like 20 computers and he now has over 10,000 wu's!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hi nyarlathotep!!

Thanx for "stopping by" and saying hello to us all!!

Fully understand about the computer situation: my "original" machine - a P3 233Mhz - took about 35hours to process 1WU... I'm sure we've all been there!!

Well done on the achievemnt so far - much appreciated by all in ATS SETI@home and BOINC teams!!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
did i find the right place or is there a different club for 100+ boinc wu's?

running boinc on 22 machines and counting
( setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu... )

[Edited on 3-17-2004 by echelon]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by echelon
did i find the right place or is there a different club for 100+ boinc wu's?...[Edited on 3-17-2004 by echelon]

Hi echelon!!

Welcome - and very many congratulations on the BOINC returns!!

Well, we *haven't* got a thread for these results ie from BOINC, so perhaps you'd like to start one off?? As you'll know I'm sure (and as discussed here in several threads) some people are already running BOINC while the rest of us are continuing to use SETI@home "original" (either the Client or command line). Eventually, of course, SETI@home will "close" and all the computing will transfer to BOINC, so ATS S@h team will "disband" but, hopefully, many people will "move over" to BOINC (I certainly intend to, as I simply don't like the idea of my machines sitting idle when I'm not using them!!
)

So, please feel free to start a "100+ BOINC" thread and then we people who are staying with SETI@home for the time being can get very envious of your achievements and know we'll be down the team list!!
I, for one, fully expect to be!!

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genya
Hi nyarlathotep!!

Thanx for "stopping by" and saying hello to us all!!

Fully understand about the computer situation: my "original" machine - a P3 233Mhz - took about 35hours to process 1WU... I'm sure we've all been there!!

Thanks. I just joined the Boinc beta program and that takes even longer for a WU. My first Boinc WU was 26 hours!

Well done on the achievemnt so far - much appreciated by all in ATS SETI@home and BOINC teams!!

Thanks! I just joined the Boinc beta program and those WU's take even longer. My first WU took like 26 hours

Keep up the good work team

[Edited on 3-18-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

Pardon? I'm not sure what this means, nyarlathotep??

Are you giving "thumbs down" to BOINC? If so, please remember it is still in a developement stage - and, like most software, it will probably get more efficient in the future?

Also, please note that you are under no obligation to run it.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genya

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

Pardon? I'm not sure what this means, nyarlathotep??

Are you giving "thumbs down" to BOINC? If so, please remember it is still in a developement stage - and, like most software, it will probably get more efficient in the future?

Also, please note that you are under no obligation to run it.

No, just the fact that it takes so long to complete a WU. I'm just whining, that's all.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hi nyarlathotep!!

AH!! I understand now!!

Well, as xn has explained elsewhere (in his "Official BOINC thread - and elsewhere - there is (apparently) some debugging code in BOINC at the moment which *is* making the program run much more slowly than it should do when it's released generally ie when SETI@home email existing SETI@home users and invite them to "change over" to BOINC. (I haven't yet received this invitation/ notification and, as far as I know (from reading these boards) nobody else has either). That's *one* reason why I haven't yet changed to BOINC.

Hopefully, when it's fully operational, it will "crunch" data units in the same sort of times as we experience now (or, if they prove to take longer, then it's the same for everybody, so the net result will be the same: people with fast machines - and/ or lots of them - will complete more units than people with "lesser" equipement... BUT, it *could* be *your* machine that finds the evidence - the chances are the same afterall (all it takes is one signal).

Good luck!!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I just made it to 100 WUs today!!!
Hurray for me!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger
I just made it to 100 WUs today!!!
Hurray for me!

A BIG hooray and even a "Huzzah!" me thinks!!

Well done Ranger - thanx for your invaluable contribution - and many congratulations on achieving this impressive total!!

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I took a lil head start in the 100+ club by joining with 1500WU's :p
Closing into 1700 atm

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
I took a lil head start in the 100+ club by joining with 1500WU's :p
Closing into 1700 atm

Well done thematrix - excellent!! See if you can achieve your 2500kWU cert before the programme finishes!!

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I just hit 400 today! I only joined in mid february. If I had know about Seti@home before I would have joined years ago, even before I got the internet at home a year and a half ago. I would have used the school's computers or a friend's to send and receive the WU's

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger
I just hit 400 today! I only joined in mid february. If I had know about Seti@home before I would have joined years ago, ...

Very many congrats Ranger!! And, there is another "certificate" for reaching 500WU's, so make sure you download that one when the time comes!!

As for finding SETI@home: yes, it *is* compulsive, isn't it?
I wish *I* had been able to join earlier than I did too - I might have been up there with Spectre and co!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join