It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Rape man with screwdriver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Police Rape man with screwdriver

www.chicagotribune.com

A federal jury late Tuesday held two Chicago police officers liable for the unreasonable search of a man who alleged that the officers sodomized him with a screwdriver during a search for drugs.

Coprez Coffie, 23, had testified that the tactical officers used the tool on him in a West Side alley in 2004. His family hugged after the verdict was announced.

"Justice was served, it was," Coffie said after court. "Now you see what's going on. It's put to the light."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is just more wieght to the arguement that police in our country are gettin out of control.

i couldn't find it on here but sorry if this has been posted.but i saw the story and couldn't ignore.

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
That's disgusting! I totally agree with the people saying the police are getting out of control; they are abusing their power WAY too often these days.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thanks Future,

Why is it that these evebts don't reach main stream news. Why do we bllindly accept such violations?
Thanks again.
WIS

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Yeah, this is disgusting. The judge found the cops liable, and there was compelling evidence that the man was telling the truth, as opposed to just making up a story for attention/money. This is just wrong, and I am glad that the man is being compensated. I just wish it was the cops and not the taxpayers who were coughing up the $4 million.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
yea its stuff like this that inspired me to make state of emerrgancy...not all cop...cause there are quite a few good ones..but theres also way to many...kids that were picked on in high school turned super cops these days...and when they get that cop title they feel they can pay the world...like ther judge dread or summin lol i went to jail recentally on some fully fabricated charges..and got my wrist injured so bad i needed x-rays...and went to complain...and they wouldnt do anthing about it...they didnt even belive me...wich isnt hard to belive cops stick together but stuff like that is just not acceptable in 2007.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
this is not the first time something like this has happened either.

i don't remember the details but it had to be at least 10 years ago. i think it was new york...the cops whailed on and sodomized a guy from kenya or some damn place with a brrom stick?

anyone remember that?

of course this is disgusting and i bet for every brutal police story we hear about, there is a couple we don't hear about.

i would imagine it is much like rape in that i'm thinking not everyone has the stones to come forward with that you know?
especially if you do have a record or whatever, who you gonna tell?
gonna narc the cop out to his cop buddies?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

i remember exactly what your talking about...i was young at the time but still remember it well..and i agree and actually im sure its more like for every story you hear about police acting out of bounds there's 20 you don't hear about...its that bad and even though it happens to us most..its not limited to minorities...everybody is victim to a jerk-off cop these days

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by future flow

i remember exactly what your talking about...i was young at the time but still remember it well..

everybody is victim to a jerk-off cop these days

i am really bugging cause i don't remember the details but it was at least 10 years ago and it was HUGE news.
i think there were 3 or 4 cops involved and it happened in a hallway or something...

anyway, i do agree that most everyone is a victim in some way, shape, or form of the cops these days.

i really have no use for them. they can't protect me anyway. only make my life more difficult.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
here you go man.
was exactly 10 years ago.
dude got about 3 mill for it as well

query.nytimes.com...

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
i was just about to post the wiki link...yea man that was craziness...but still its kinda sad really that it has to be that extreme to get national coverage you know... like the daily police injustice's don't matter enough to get news time

edit to add wiki link incase anybody wanted it

wiki llink

[edit on 22-10-2007 by future flow]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
urgh!!!

eww how gross... maybe they didn't have any gloves at the police station?

OMG I am trying to find a suitable explanation... hmm and none coming.

Glad its him and not me!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
there is no suitable explanation other than these cops are/were nutjob asshole criminals.

serve and protect right?

friggin cops man.

edit*
thanks for the wiki link.

this was the most telling part of the article imo
----

The arresting officers beat Louima with their fists, nightsticks, and hand-held police radios on the ride to the station.[2] On arriving at the station house, he was strip-searched and put in a holding cell. The beating continued later, culminating with Louima being raped in a bathroom at the 70th Precinct station house in Brooklyn. Officer Justin Volpe kicked Louima in the testicles, , then, while Louima's hands were cuffed behind his back, sodomized him with a plunger, causing severe internal damage to his colon and bladder that required several operations to repair. Volpe then walked through the precinct holding the bloody, excrement-stained instrument in his hand, indicating that he had "broke a man down."
-----

i might have to keep that handy for the next debate we have..that way, when all the people start saying 'best thing to do is comply' and if a cop tells you to do something you do it.

juuuuuust maybe, incidents like this are stuck in peoples minds and they are afraid.
i didn't forget and it was 10 years ago.
sure other people know..now we have another story with a screwdriver.

people don't want to get arrested and taken to a place where there are a bunch of 'them' and only one of 'you'...

this is bad stuff man

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Wh-what!? Great find FF!

This is reaching a critical breaking point in Chicago. After reading the Chi-town execution thread, I am going to think twice before even jaywalking next time I am there.

Wasnt it in Chicago where that off-duty cop beat the snot out of some poor bartender for cutting him off?

This country is nuts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
there is no suitable explanation other than these cops are/were nutjob asshole criminals.

serve and protect right?

friggin cops man.

juuuuuust maybe, incidents like this are stuck in peoples minds and they are afraid.
i didn't forget and it was 10 years ago.
sure other people know..now we have another story with a screwdriver.

people don't want to get arrested and taken to a place where there are a bunch of 'them' and only one of 'you'...

this is bad stuff man

my sentiments exactly....it seems especially crazy in Chicago...but honestly you could show certain people a story like this...and all they would say is...well it wouldn't have happened if he wasn't a criminal in the first place...or put himself in that position..or some other bs excuse trying to lessen what the cops did...and that to me is an even bigger problem then the actual asshole cops them selves

edit to add

thanks don wahn..its a shame cops in this country really are bonkers these days...and yea I'm pretty sure its was Chicago that the bartender incident happened as well...i may be wrong tho

[edit on 22-10-2007 by future flow]

new topics

top topics

join