It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher Throws Out 911 Protester!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JimmyBlonde

America, kicking ass of people who are aremed with 1960's weapons and avoiding real conflict since 1945.

This is way off topic for this thread. This is a thread about Bill Maher. But since you brought it up!! I don't understand you forgien America bashers. You count on our country to police the world for you, and then you bash us for it. The thing that pisses me off the most is how our so called allies bad mouth us, but who do they call when they need help, the U.S.A . When is your country going to graduate from the French School of surrender? I agree we should let the world sink or swim on their own!

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think Bill is worried that if 9/11 was revealed to be some kind of inside job that Zionists may have had a part in it. What's your thoughts on that?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I believe 9-11 was an inside job and no one can convince me otherwise. That being said there are plenty of people who are on the other side of that spectrum and that is their right as well. When truthers act like this, it just seems like they are forcing their views onto others and that is something I can not get behind or support.

The problem is that too many 9/11 Truthers claim they are "right" and everyone else who doesn't agree is blind, sheep, dense, stupid, et., etc. Someone who shows up to disrupt a live TV show because they disagree with Maher's previous comments only demonstrates that 9/11 Truth is nothing more than a religion where belief trumps reason.

The majority of us learned in 2002 that there is nothing to "9/11 Truth". No evidence and all speculation and wishful thinking. We keep asking for the evidence - and get none, zero, nada.

Maher's reaction to kids with no brains yelling on his show was entirely appropriate and expresses the frustration we have with 9/11 Truthers who are unwilling or unable to see pass their noses.

Ultimately, "9/11 Truth" will be relegated to the fringe just as other denial "movements" have been, pesky but absurd people continuing to champion their "religion", declaring Jihad against reason and truth.

Maher's reaction was entirely appropriate and welcomed. But I am sure a large group of 9/11 Truthers will celebrate the disrupters as "courageous, striking a blow against the empire."

How sad.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seanm

Well said. For a group that claims to be so right and so committed, they (Truthers) end up looking foolish time after time. It has become a quasi relgion to them, it's like talking to someone about a Multi Level Marketing group, like Amway or Primerica, they just will not see anyhing other than what they want to see or hear. If you bring the info contrary to their beliefs they automatically refuse to even consider the info and claim it is "someone with an axe to grind". Can't carry on rationale debates with someone of that belief.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I can't believe what I am reading and I can't believe how badly I am outnumbered in this thread. Listening to all the voices calling for sanity, reason and civil dialogue makes me think I've died and gone to Canada. Believe me I know what nanny-statist pillowcase voices sound like because I LIVE in Canada!

Where is the nation of Patrick Henry and Tom Paine? Are you going to let some Texas jackass from Maine take that away from you?

OK.

America has found a new way to fight the killer of 3000 New Yorkers, cable access TV. I hope it works.

As far as you 911 deniers are concerned, I hope you are collecting overtime from whatever Ministry of Insanity you are working for. lol.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yeah that's it. Justify the fact that most people see those action for what they are which are childish antics to get desperate attention by interrupting other peoples legitimate debates as everyone else working for some ministry. That is a perfect example of the demented mentality offered from cults lke "we are change".

People who just want attention.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopy

I won't dignify that with a response. So there.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Yes, this outburst makes the whole 9.11 movement look juvenile. Bill Maher has made mention of the conspiracy before, and he doesn't care to discuss it on his show. Why? Who cares? It's his show. He has made it clear in the past that he's not interested in discussing it, so why would the movement go there to try and cram it down our throats?

You are 9.11 conspiracy theorists. It's great that there are smart people who support your ideas. it sucks that there are fools who do as well. But this is the same for many issues.

This is a good lesson. Be smart about how you want to get a sensitive message out. Don't just cock off on a live broadcast. You say you want to expose the truth, but disruption looks like an act of desperation to me and many Americans.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
In a previous episode Bill Maher went out of his way to attack the "truth" movement implying they are insane for questioning 911.

My take is that Maher picked this fight and We are Change obliged.

The truth movement was behaving in a civilized manner by approaching Maher through the standard channels asking for airtime for their issues.

His repsonse was to devote a segment of his show to call them insane and suggest they be medicated.

So here we are today.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Bill Maher is one of my favorite celebs.

The truthers on his show made everyone who questions aspects of 9/11 look like childish chickenheads.

What's the point of yelling on a comedy show on cable? Maher's a comedian, not a politician.

Those folks should be spending their energies at protests in appropriate spots.

I'm sure Bill is used to hecklers, though. All comedians have to deal with them throughout their careers. And that's what these "protesters" accomplished: looking like hecklers instead of anyone serious.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Of course you won't. Because we all know that what those people did was in really bad taste and was really sad.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
how dare anyone interrupt our safe and cheeky television programming with the brutal and disheartening truth

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

You say you want to expose the truth, but disruption looks like an act of desperation to me and many Americans.

That's because it is an act of desperation. Truthers are becoming desperate. They believe that an engaging nitwit who is going to go down in history as the most comical president in US history or as the man who cut the US constitution down to size ought to be the subject of a criminal investigation for murder.

People continue to die every day in Iraq because of the predations of this clown and there is very good reason to suppose that he would like to visit the same plague on Iran. In this world he can't be arrested like Slobodan Milosevic and put on trial for war crimes, but he could conceivably be arrested for murder in the US. Hopefully, in due time he will be but until then the situation is desperate.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
In a previous episode Bill Maher went out of his way to attack the "truth" movement implying they are insane for questioning 911.

My take is that Maher picked this fight and We are Change obliged.

The truth movement was behaving in a civilized manner by approaching Maher through the standard channels asking for airtime for their issues.

His repsonse was to devote a segment of his show to call them insane and suggest they be medicated.

So here we are today.

Wrong. He was asking them to stop harassing him. Bill was tired of Wooers constantly harassing him outside of the show to address what he and most people consider an absurd claim. As always these people were the aggressors. Bill didn't come to them, they are the ones that protest outside his building every day demanding he bring up these silly issues that he has no interest in because he wants to talk about serious issues.

But of course they love to play victim.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by comm12
how dare anyone interrupt our safe and cheeky television programming with the brutal and disheartening truth

If it were actually truth, then you might have a point. But the reason these programs don't address it is becaus it isn't.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
"The audience is here to listen". And shut up of course. And do as they are told.

That is why I don't watch TV - I cannot reply if I disagree. A forum is much better, I hope all TV channels go broke and disappear because of people like me

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
They were disrupting his show. Maher handled himself well, but those protesters were being real jerks. They're on live and they do stupid crap like that so that Maher can't continue?

Jesus Christ, it's morons like them that make it hard to find the truth.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by comm12

See... That's what I'm talking about. How do you debate someone who is totally convinced they are right and you are either wrong/stupid, take your pick.
Never mind that they don't have any incontrovertible proof to back up their claims of said "brutal and disheartening truth". That doesn't matter, does it? Truth is irrelevant to the Truth movement, that's what I find really ironic.

And yes, I am a disinfo agent, before you accuse me of it. Sigh.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
reply to post by ModernDystopia

Agreed, I am wondering if this is part of some kind of disinformation to make 9/11 truth people look like hecklers and nut jobs?

No... As bill notes clearly. They are the AUDIENCE... from the Latin 'To Listen' If they had done their job and sat and listened they would have been allowed to stay for the entire show. Bill has stated he does not believe in the '9-11 truth movement' and as this show is based off of Bill's Personal Opinion he can say (to his security throwing out a truther) "the time for nice is over, ass kicking is in order now".

There is something time for change or whatever the groups name needs to learn QUICKLY if you want to affect change in society Gorilla like attack tactics are not the route to go.

For those of you that think this is a conspiracy, I advise a deeeeepppp look at your inner self and see if you comprehend how Television works... Bill is on HBO for a reason... He got kicked off of NBC for his opinions... He found a channel that allowed him to discuss ANY topic he wants. If he wanted to Discuss 9-11 truth he would. That said like a majority of Americans Bill is not interested the 9-11 truth movement. Like myself he has put you on 'ignore' mode until you have valid evidence and more than a lackadaisical theory that even physicists cannot agree on.

Anyways Bill WAS in the right. It is HIS show. It is a PANEL debate show. Audience not included. Last but not least... a reminder. Audience is formed from the latin "to listen"
Therefore if you are not there 'to listen' you are not their to perform your job as an 'audience member' and are subject to ejection.

for the person who thinks that this is why television is stupid might I advise enjoying your forums and keeping your opinion to yourself about the way tv is designed. Imagine if TV was a forum topic... Mic'd so that you can respond. Man that SOUNDS REALLLY USEFUL.... NOT!

A TV is a filter for information. as such, NOT everything you believe WILL be REINFORCED.

P.s. I have researched for HOURS/DAYS/WEEKS on end and I do not see an argument for /CD/Hologram/missiles-Planes/Bush is the Devil and he can manipulate evil minds to do his bidding/ Just like Bill I have formed the opinion that the only conspiracy on 9-11 was the ineptness of our leaders to not see a clearly planned out obvious attack-to they may have let it happen... BUT not that they were involved. Just like you are entitled to your opinion; Bill and I are entitled to maintain our well founded opinions.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

Originally posted by badw0lf
[Sorry, but that's just NOT how things work in the real world.

Speaking of the real world, when are the people who still believe the official story going to come out of their fantasy world and accept facts and evidnece other then what they have been told?

[edit on 21-10-2007 by ULTIMA1]

When the facts and evidence are more than circumstantial then we be able to consider such information as FACT... until then we do the same as most people. We accept the information we can validate and believe for ourselves. If there are questions that arise one can easily seek an answer to a specific question. The evidence available for a singularity is always enough to at least form a basis opinion on a topic. To Act as if you hold a secret that others cannot see is well... lets just say not to humble.

=)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join