It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher Throws Out 911 Protester!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

The problem here is all that ends up happening is that 9/11 truthers look 'rude' and crazy. Any chance of making him 'see the light' is gone now. IT has become personal. I think there are other ways of getting the message across.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Very well put Redge777,
I must say I do indeed agree with you.
But would it not be wiser to attempt such a discourse in a frame of media that will not edit it out or just leave it in as Bill Mahrs show has done making the truthers look crazy??
Are there NO truthers out there that would raise some capital and do a documentary to be shown on HBO? ....Or PBS or any place at all? Rosie O'Donnel has some cash, she might fund a production.....
Shouting out in Bill Mahrs audience OBVIOUSLY is not going to shed any light on the subject

The Truthers NEED to get organized and actually DO SOMETHING that informs the population instead of embarrasses themselves and makes all of us on this side of the fence look more than a little bit nutty.

HBO did a great documentary on The absurd American voting machines called 'Hacking Democricey' and SHOWED the world just how easily Bush and his goons stole the presidency AND got away with it.......(link below)
www.hbo.com...

....WHY can't Truthers do the same kind of thing I wonder.............

[edit on 21-10-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by talisman

The problem here is all that ends up happening is that 9/11 truthers look 'rude' and crazy. Any chance of making him 'see the light' is gone now. IT has become personal. I think there are other ways of getting the message across.

Not to me they didn't, i think they were people with courage and that believe they have to do what it takes to help the people realize the truth. They sure got balls, and I give them props for that. I much prefer someone who is willing to speak out their mind than some that will rather be quiet and follow the masses.

P.S. great post redge777

[edit on 21-10-2007 by luis9343]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I really do not agree with We Are Change on this subject. There are plenty of ways to get the word out without making yourself look like a jacka** while doing it. Disrupting a live show in this manner is not the way to get anything done and it really does make truthers look like crackpots. If they want answers to why Bill will not debate a 9-11 truther, why not just flood his show with write in letters? This type of action just makes all truthers look bad and does nothing for the cause.

That being said, If Bill Maher had come off the stage and put his hands on me they would have had to take him out of that building on a stretcher. I have no problem with him getting upset or demanding that the disruptive people be removed from the building, it is his show and that is his right, but he has no right to shove anyone himself. Situations like this is why they have security.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I believe 9-11 was an inside job and no one can convince me otherwise. That being said there are plenty of people who are on the other side of that spectrum and that is their right as well. When truthers act like this, it just seems like they are forcing their views onto others and that is something I can not get behind or support.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Very well put Redge777,
I must say I do indeed agree with you.
But would it not be wiser to attempt such a discourse in a frame of media that will not edit it out or just leave it in as Bill Mahrs show has done making the truthers look crazy??
Are there NO truthers out there that would raise some capital and do a documentary to be shown on HBO? ....Or PBS or any place at all? Rosie O'Donnel has some cash, she might fund a production.....
Shouting out in Bill Mahrs audience OBVIOUSLY is not going to shed any light on the subject

Have you not seen Loose Change? or Zeitgeist? Or the very intelligent people that go on the major TV channels to talk about this only to get laughed at? And if you believe 911 was inside job, do you really think the major TV channels would ever let a documentary about this get on TV? I don't think so.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by luis9343]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by luis9343

There are many people who do not care for Loose Change, myself included, and Zeitgeist has been debunked a few times here on ATS.

As far as Loose Change, I like their work and I commend their research but I have always said they missed the mark by offering an alternative theory rather than simply pointing out what is wrong with the official story. They can not prove a missile hit the Pentagon, but you can prove that chances are a plane did not.

In my opinion the 9/11 truth movement would be better served by simply pointing out the inconsistencies of the official story and pointing out why it does not hold water, by offering theories you can not prove you do the movement no favors at all.

There are lots of ways to get the word out without disrupting a show. What about editorial/op pieces in a newspaper? Why not a cable access show? Starting like this could bring enough attention to your cause while showing networks and HBO etc that you can draw ratings. One must remember TV is a business like any other and you will get some support if you can draw viewership.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Damn, I thought this thread was about Mahler...

Must have misread the title.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I think section8citizen has said a lot of sensible things in his post above, but the world being what it is, I think other sorts of things will likely happen.

This issue is going to get political in unpleasant ways. It's inevitable. There are too many unanswered questions and too much government stonewalling. You can't murder 3000 people, put a smarmy smile on your face and get away with it.

The We Are Change people are doing exactly what has to be done. America has a new brand of fascism in power now. They are very smooth and tasteful in the way they do things, not like the Nazis.

911 has been portrayed as an "oops" moment. People who balk at what the government wants to do have been sent anthrax laced love letters. They make their points like that. They don't have to run around kicking the crap out of people. They know that Americans don't want to muss their hair to defend their constitution.

Well, I'm sorry, but that doesn't appear to be universally true. Something has to be done about this mess before we get an "oops I did it again" moment and the human rights rug really gets pulled out from under America.

Best wishes to We Are Change and more power to them.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

Originally posted by ccaihc
Why is everything that makes truthers look bad a disinformation campaign?

Becasue most of the poeple that still believe the official story will do anything to keep thier little fantasy world safe.

They do not want to hear anything that goes against what they believe or were told happened.

What? How are conspiracy theorists any different?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

For some reason, this is the ONLY thing that comes to mind.

Wonder how Bill would explain this? Not only did they predict the building "collapse" but also WHY it collapsed. Someone better give these news reporters a crystal ball and a phone line that charges $29.95 a minute.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Danish

For some reason, this is the ONLY thing that comes to mind.

Wonder how Bill would explain this? Not only did they predict the building "collapse" but also WHY it collapsed. Someone better give these news reporters a crystal ball and a phone line that charges $29.95 a minute.

What the everliving christ does this have to do with bill mayer throwing conspiracy theorists out?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Way to go Bill! This guy has absolutely nothing going for him besides the fact he threw that punk out of his show, and, he's an Atheist.

Honestly.

I know there's absolutely no way 9/11 was planned by a bunch of inexperienced pilots. But you don't have to "infiltrate" any show to spread your word, you just end up looking like a jerk and a tool.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
While I am all for free speech, the guy who got thrown out of the taping was acting completely inappropriately and deserved to be thrown out.

The funniest thing to me about this whole event is people actually wondering whether or not it was part of some effort to make the Truth movement look bad. I don't know if you guys have noticed, but quite a few people in the Truth movement make themselves look bad all by themselves, and this guy is simply the latest example (in a long line of examples).

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Memo to "We are change:" Next time bring amplification. Other than that, job well done.

Really? You're condoning these actions? Do you honestly expect people in the audience of Real Time with Bill Maher (either studio or home audiences) to say to themselves, "Hey that dude who was yelling and acting like a disruptive ass about 9/11might have been onto something??

In my eyes, you condoning this kind of behavior is exactly one of the largest problems this "movement" faces. If you're yelling and acting like a four year old having a tantrum, people are going to treat you like a screaming four year old having a tantrum... Stick with discourse. Even if it doesn't reach large audiences at first, it's still the better way to go; and eventually if your theories aren't disproven, the circle of people willing to listen will grow. Being disruptive gets your cause nowhere.

Originally posted by talisman
Agreed, I am wondering if this is part of some kind of disinformation to make 9/11 truth people look like hecklers and nut jobs?

As I have mentioned already in this post... in case you haven't been paying attention, a lot of the 9/11 truth people are nut jobs. Granted, there are quite a few grounded, mentally stable, professional, and scientific minds out there in the field. However, based on things I see here and some people that I have met handing out leaflets around town etc. I can safely say that there are quite a few people who attack themselves to the Truth Movement simply because they are either paranoid, easily manipulated, or willing to believe too much of what they are told. You all know the kind I am talking about. The person who doesn't fit in in any certain social circle, who can't actually hold his own in an argument about the various ideas surrounding 9/11... who's geopolitical knowledge is limited to, "George W. Bush sucks, bring the troops home, and 9/11 was an inside job!!"

Not that I am saying I disagree with any of those statements, but I have well thought out reasons for my beliefs. A lot of people in the Movement don't. 9/11 Truth is the latest and one of the most popular counter cultures to come along in a long long time, and like any counter culture, you're going to get tons of nutjobs.

Not everything is a conspiracy. As Holmes once said, often times the simplest answer is the best.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
America, kicking ass of people who are aremed with 1960's weapons and avoiding real conflict since 1945.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Bill Maher is grossly ignorant on anything concerning 9/11... I wouldnt be surprised if Bill was just trying not to be pulled off the air, as Im sure he would be if he really learned something and brought up the questions during the show.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Memo to "We are change:" Next time bring amplification. Other than that, job well done.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by ipsedixit]

So coming across as ignorant howling screaming morons in a crowd, interrupting other people and making pathetic noises, is a job well done?

Wow.. Says it all really..

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

But he would have the screamers in the first place if would not have insulted the 9/11 truthers and not want to debate the issue.

Sorry, but that's just NOT how things work in the real world.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The point is, if one person listening in the audience, thinks "building 7 ? Whats that..."?. Then takes it the the next step of research,...the universe of ever expanding infinite wisdom keeps growing. There are reasons for limiting information. However they all start with control paradigms. Just because this venue(CBS) is owned and operated by the corporation, doesn't give it any special status for controlling information. You can chose to defend the controllers if you feel that is what is best for you, but just stay aware that not everyone feels the same way.

Bill Maher is reading from the same script as the people he claims to oppose. He just has a different part. He may not be corrupted in his intentions or even aware of what he is defending, but "money" is the confluence. He learned his lesson back in 2001

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
[Sorry, but that's just NOT how things work in the real world.

Speaking of the real world, when are the people who still believe the official story going to come out of their fantasy world and accept facts and evidnece other then what they have been told?

[edit on 21-10-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
he obviously was disturbing the show, protest somewhere else he is trying to do his job

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join