It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancestry website offers DNA tests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Ancestry website offers DNA tests

news.bbc.co.uk

A family history website has launched a new service to help track down people's unknown relatives using DNA tests.

Ancestry.co.uk says it can help people identify living genetic cousins and learn about the ethnic roots of their distant ancestors.

Subscribers will have a swab taken from inside their cheek for cells to be kept on a database anonymously. If a match is found, both people will be informed.

Those using the service will pay between £74 and £99 for a DNA test kit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is just a little NWO for me. I searched for the story because I heard on the radio that 15 million people are already on this database. And some of us CT'ers are worried about ID cards, I suppose at least it is optional but for how long?

I'm really not sure sure about this, DNA databases for tracing long lost relatives seems a bit lame to me. Perhaps a ruse for a more sinister future use.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
These DNA tests have been going on for quite some time with Ancestry. I have known about it for a few years. They were doing paternal DNA testing only in males and it is filed by their last names.

This has been helping in the genealogy field (which is growing every day) to see which family lines are connected, and if there are any discrepencies in the family trees.

Some of the results can be viewed online by last name if you google a particular last name (mostly common ones) and DNA testing.

I've been interested in this for quite some time personally due to my mother being adopted. We know who her biological mother was, but not her biological father. It is rumored that her adopted father was her real father, but they are both deceased, so I will never know.

Not everything is a conspiracy, but I do see that this could startle some. Have a good day.

A_L

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
So how long have they been databasing it? What of this is new? Is it the cross referencing?

They are saying that it will notify you of matches found if two people are related and even going as far as saying this is becoming like the DNA version of social networking sites where you can create groups, all in the name of tracing your family tree!

Maybe I see the conspiracy because I see adding yourself to a DNA database to learn that you have a Great Grandfather in Timbuktu is a bit extreme but I guess if I'm not interested in that, then a conspiracy I will see.

I still don't like it.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Good thread Prote.

I wonder if the DNA samples make their way onto the government database?
I bet they do.

top topics

join