It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did 9/11 actually happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Just kidding, but I'm beginning to wonder if the so-called ‘truth’ movement isn’t on the verge of arguing just that.

Try this: make a list of all the things you believed happened as you watched the attacks unfold. Now, I know some of you will have immediately been struck by the thought that the attacks were government-backed, but that aside, how many of those initial beliefs do you now reject and how many more have been challenged by others?

It seems to me that we’ve worked our way so far down the list that the only ‘fact’ left unchallenged is that major events occurred in three primary locations, affecting WTC 1, WTC 2 and the Pentagon. We cannot even fully agree on which buildings were attacked and which were collateral damage.

We've even reached the point where a surprisingly large number of us now believe that no planes were involved – or that none were crashed - and many of those who still believe planes were involved are nonetheless prepared to remain open to the possibility that they weren’t.

It is telling that, although SkepticOverlord offered 250,000 ATS points back in February to anyone who can identify the top five 9/11 conspiracies, thus far, no one has managed to do so (to my knowledge).

A question for anyone, sceptics and truthers alike: given that the overwhelming majority of the steel and other building materials from the twin towers has been recycled, what evidence do you think might come to light – other than a confession - that would prove they were brought down by CDs?

Asked from a slightly different angle: If you can prove beyond doubt that NIST’s collapse hypothesis is wrong, what does this prove other than NIST’s collapse hypothesis is wrong?

We’re running out of things to challenge. What's more, even if some of our challenges are successful, we prove nothing.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by coughymachine
Just kidding, but I'm beginning to wonder if the so-called ‘truth’ movement isn’t on the verge of arguing just that.

The biggest thing to me is the lack of real evidnece and official reports.

We only a small amount of material that we should have.

No FBI or NTSB crime scene reports.

No FBI or NTSB reports on any parts found matching any of the 9/11 planes.

No FBI or NTSB reports on where the parts were taken and what was done with them.

No FBI or NTSB reports on the black boxes from the WTC.

No CCTV videos or photos released from the Pentagons nearby buildings.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Are we now witnessing the birth of the 'no buildings' theory?

In fairness to the attempts at modelling the structural failure there's considerable difficulty in determining precisely what internal damage was caused by the initial impact so at best it can only be a 'best guess'.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
When the Government realized that the planes had been Hijacked they knew our fighters could not intercept them all in time let alone save the passengers and crew. It was at this time that Dick Cheney from NORAD asked the Grey Aliens for help. The Aliens were scrambled from Dulce Base. The Aliens had to wait until the last second to beam the planes and passengers to mars, otherwise people would notice the planes disappearing. They simulated the damage to all buildings with a laser weapon. Flight 93 was torn up and the pieces scattered at all three crash sites, amounting to minimal crash debris at all sites. They used a hypnotic pulse to change all our memories, unfortunately those we are calling truthers proved to be less affected and started asking questions. Visit the Mars Anomaly thread to see flight 77. The location of the other planes is still unknown. Prove this theroy wrong.

Guys, 19 hijackers crashed 4 Planes.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wsamplet

Its just too bad you have not real evidence of this. You are just stating what you have been told.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Are we now witnessing the birth of the 'no buildings' theory?

Lol. No, I want to push the other way; let's put a few of the once undisputed elements back in.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
one of the biggest indicators to me is the economy. I had just started working for the intel corporation in 2000. I was granted a lot of stock options and so I began watching the tech sector and then the market as a whole. I can honestly say things had been going pretty bad for the last 3-4 quarters before 911. after 911 had come and gone the new implication from the media and government was that the (still) hurt economy was an effect of 911 rather than a seperate issue.

aside from that however the biggest problem seems to be that the 'burden of truth' for some reason has been placed on the 'truthers'. what people fail to realize is that even if every CT is wrong that in no way makes the OV right.

think about it on an individual level. if you were accused of murder and there was circumstantial evidence but no forensic evidence you would most likely not be convicted, and you certainly wouldnt be sentenced without being tried. this is exactly what happened with 911.

CT or not ask yourself "Why" and you will see there is an issue here that needs to be rectified.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

Its just too bad you have not real evidence of this. You are just stating what you have been told.

I've actually researched it quite a bit and have come to the conclusion that there was no inside job, so.

Yeah, sorry.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wsamplet

its that simple and with 3 investigations it hasnt been proven?

if it is incompetence on that level we are certainly doomed.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccaihc
[I've actually researched it quite a bit and have come to the conclusion that there was no inside job, so.

Yeah, sorry.

I never said it was an inside job.

But we do not have any hard evidence or official reports fromthe FBO or NTSB to state what exactly happned that day.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccaihc

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

I've actually researched it quite a bit and have come to the conclusion that there was no inside job, so.

Yeah, sorry.

Hmm or they don't want us to know the truth- and it looks like we're not gonna get the truth anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
Hmm or they don't want us to know the truth- and it looks like we're not gonna get the truth anytime soon.

Well i have filed FOIA request with the following.

FBI
NTSB (received flight 77 flight data recorder information)
NIST
NSA

I have also e-mailed some companies that were at ground zero.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by coughymachine

This is something I talked about a few months ago showing where the logic of the "NO PLANES" could lead. Here is the thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is simply incredible that anyone could seriously entertain such theories not realizing the "PANDORA'S BOX" they open. Once you eliminate a large portion of live media, and ignore countless eyewitness testimony then anything becomes possible.

It seems that they don't truly know what evidence is and nor can they produce evidence since everything would then become suspect. I totally agree, that the eventual outcome would be the claim "9/11 didn't happen".

new topics

top topics

join