It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's caught on live TV?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Definately orchestrated and it's a shame that people go to all this trouble to try to fool other people, this takes away credability from serious UFO investigations. The girl is a local university student, the mike in her hands has no TV ID her friends and family are involved and the guy with the black tshirt is probably her boyfriend and the camera guy is her brother,or fellow student and ufo developer.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bryan Thornsberry
Ha wow. Sometimes it amazes me how much effort people put into creating such a viable hoax.

The amazing thing is not that people put so much effort into the hoaxes. The amazing thing is how much effort other people put into rationalizing to themselves and others that it's real -- or could be real -- and should be taken seriously. These people want it to be real so badly that they'll flip over backwards to make excuses for all of the things that are so obviously wrong with it. They'll howl about how nothing would ever be enough for the "debunkers," as if that somehow add legitimacy to the hoax in question.

Personally, I don't know what an "alien" even is, but if you want to believe in them, nobody's stopping you. But if you're going to believe, at least apply a little bit of critical judgment to what you see. Not everything is legitimate, or has to be defended. There are more hoaxes out there than real experiences, which are extremely rare.

Arguing for the legitimacy of something bad like this does nothing to help convince people of the reality of the other experiences. All it does is make it seem like a huge group of UFO enthusiasts are hopelessly gullible and undiscerning. That ain't good.

I would suggest that it's actually the dyed in the wool UFO believers who should apply the toughest criticism to every case, because those are the people to whom it matters most.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I know thats not real cause they didnt melt the city or at least destroy the communication antenna .
Everyone knows what would happen in a real invasion .
we've been show time and time again with all those prep movies

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
The amazing thing is not that people put so much effort into the hoaxes. The amazing thing is how much effort other people put into rationalizing to themselves and others that it's real -- or could be real -- and should be taken seriously. These people want it to be real so badly that they'll flip over backwards to make excuses for all of the things that are so obviously wrong with it. They'll howl about how nothing would ever be enough for the "debunkers," as if that somehow add legitimacy to the hoax in question.

This specific footage may be hoaxed, but the concept of what is depicted in it, of UFOs being mass witnessed over cities, is most certainly real, and has been well established by cases like the Phoenix Lights and many others. (Video footage corroborated by MANY credible eyewitnesses, including the Governor of Arizona.)

This sort of thing has been happening all around the world. If you are not aware of that FACT then you have some more research to do....

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

Originally posted by Shades1035
if everything can nowadays be debunked as CGI, whats the point of these forums?

My thoughts exactly Shades!!

The Aliens & UFOs forum won't accomplish much of anything useful until the emphasis is shifted from debunking photos/footage to locating credible witnesses, whistleblowers and contactees.

The point on "debunking" bad videos like this one is to separate the fake of the real, that way leaving only the things that can be taken as proof. You are proposing that we all accept every piece of info that comes up, when in fact doing that will only achieve to bring a loss of reputation to the whole subject.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

I thought the pheonix lights were , well not "proven" to be military flares, but generally accepted to be?

Basically after the military and their media got involved, it sure did make alot of people generally accept the flare story.

Personally, I think all these rumors of other countries getting pissed about the US not disclosing is true. Because the US war machine knows what will happen if disclosure happens.

People will unite, and we will actually see eachother as ALL the the same team. Scared silly into becoming peaceful with one another. To unite against a possible alien threat.

But oh noes that would end everything the Illuminati are trying to do right now through war and terror.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Nola213]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Radiobuzz
You are proposing that we all accept every piece of info that comes up, when in fact doing that will only achieve to bring a loss of reputation to the whole subject.

No, I didn't say that.

(sorry for one-liner)

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

I thought the pheonix lights were , well not "proven" to be military flares, but generally accepted to be?

Basically after the military and their media got involved, it sure did make alot of people generally accept the flare story.

Well, perhaps, the same way a lot of UFOs are "accepted" to be "balloons", "swamp gas", "dust", "raindrops" etc....

But then there are those of us who can see how silly that is....

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The Governor of Arizona, at the time of the Phoenix lights, just came out and said that he saw the lights, as well as the stars in the sky getting blacked out as if their was a massive object in the sky. He made a joke out of the whole or ordeal when he was Governor. At the press conference, in response to the Phoenix lights, he had a guy dressed up as an alien come on stage. Now he wants to come clean and he said he was not trying to make a joke out of the Phoenix lights, he wanted to relive the tension. That's a government official saying he saw a massive spaceship. If you look you can find the interview on C to C where he came clean.

Symington now claims to have been witness to mysterious lights in the Phoenix sky some 10 years ago. He described seeing a "breathtakingly-large" v-shaped object with extremely bright lights on the leading edge. He said the craft was "very dark [and] absolutely quiet" as it moved across the desert sky. Symington believes there is no "terrestrial explanation" for what he saw that night.

Phoenix Lights & UFOs

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Dude, can we at least stop using the whole people running toward said UFO's as debunking proof? Why would you run away from an alien ship? It's not like it's in your living room, it's thousands of feet in the sky, can possibly travel at light speeds and has God knows what kind of scanners and equipment to pick you out of a hundred people. So I would not consider running toward it as proof it''s fake. Here you go, if I ever see a UFO I'm running towards it. So when you see me on video don't think it's fake, I'll be the dude running towards the UFO's screaming "beam me up, PLEASE!!!"

<< 2  3  4   >>

join