It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What our your opinions on the meaning of life?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So the meaning of life is to be noticed?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
GREAT EGYPTIAN HERMETIC PRINCIPLES

l. The Principle of Mentalism - "The all is mind: the universe is mental."

2. The Principle of Correspondence - "As above, so below; as below, so above."

3. The Principle of Vibration - "Nothing rests: everything moves: everything vibrates."

4. The Principle of Polarity - "Everything is dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled."

5. The Principle of Rhythm - "Everything flows, out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates."

6. The Principle of Cause and Effect - "Every cause has its effect; every effect has its cause; everything happens according to the law; chance is but a name for law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes the law."

7. The Principle of Gender - "Gender is in everything; everything has its masculine and feminine principles; gender manifests on all planes."

Above so below, as within, so without - Hermetic Law

Life is a mirror - Our experiences are attracted to us consciously and unconsciously (from subconscious)

We are one, we always were and will be one - the Great Breath of Life, The Great Spirit,

Stop and Smell the Roses, Watch the Sunset!!

Don't believe anything -- experience it for yourself

Your purpose is to love and be loved

Be comfortable with not knowing your purpose!

Just Be!

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Edit: Sorry!

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by mOjOm]

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Edit: sorry!!

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by mOjOm]

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
......................................O.K?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Frankly i think that life has no meaning...even if there was a meaning why bother finding it??....how will knowing why you are here help u in anyway....the important thing is that we are here and we should live life without questioning it and jsut accept it....why question something that doesnt neccesarily have an answer....

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The meaning of life is really simple, the meaning of it is to have fun and to live it up everyday cause you never know when your time is up

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I honestly do not think there is a meaning to life. If you wanna ask somebody who might know, try the first organisms that came around. Or you could try the bacteria or whatevers. But yea, I don't think there is a meaning or a reason. We are just here doin' our own thing and not too many people ask questions.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So, are we just swimming? You can't ask single-celled beings anything.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well, no reason or meaning i.m.o like I stated above. If there is anybody who knows, it would be meh lord n' savior.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
In reality, I just want to know, what are you talking about.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It is not enough for you to read or believe the truth. You need to experience it for yourself. You need to know it!

"Our duty is to be useful, not according to our desires but according to our powers."
-Henri Frederick Amiel

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
-Norman Mac Ewan

To have meaning in life, is to have a purpose

No man is free who cannot command himself
-Pythagoras

I simply believe that some part of the human Self...is not subject to the laws of time and space
-Carl Jung

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
-James Dean

Life is a long lesson in humility.
-Sir James M. Barrie

'Be the change you want to see'
-Mahatma Ghandi

Live Well,
mOjOm

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Okay. I believe that there is no reason or purpose that we are here on earth. Easy enough?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That's very interesting mojom, but that's only if you choose to believe those people with what they have to say.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Thank you for the philosophy of the now. It is imporortant but not the be all end all.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
My opinion on the meaning of life is just to be. Then you can pick your own personal meaning. Thats all life ever is. Here's the best description:

"Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be. " -Breathe/In The Air (Pink Floyd)

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Are you sure we'er not just an alien experiment?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlegreenmen
Are you sure we'er not just an alien experiment?

LoL hey you never know. Maybe us humans originated from a distant galaxy that is nothing like our own!

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
To be all you can be while you can be it. Time slows for no one. No matter what you accomplish in life, it will all come to a screeching halt one day. If anyone will be great at anything he will be a slave to it. It will consume his or her every waking moment. All for a few moments of fading glory.

What is the purpose of life? Beyond slaving our lives away until we die I have no clue. Unless it is to glorify God like the Bible says.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
That's very interesting mojom, but that's only if you choose to believe those people with what they have to say.

I think you're still missing the point....

Don't believe anything -- experience it for yourself

Don't Waste Time Asking Questions,
Just To Get Stuck With The Answers

Just Be

Thank you for the philosophy of the now. It is imporortant but not the be all end all.

There is stillness here now.

You are in it now. You and I are holding this space. At this moment. You are truly present. This is truth. This is true being.

We are truly present - a very rare thing on the face of this earth. Only in such stillness, such humility, such love can there be a true communication of being to being. This is timelessness. This is eternal. This is wonder. This is to be yourself.

If the doors of perception were cleansed
Everything would appear . . . as it is, infinite

What you say, think, feel, & do directly co-creates your subjective reality.
Be aware of thought, feeling and emotion
We are all one! (Absolute Reality)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join