It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repitlian Craze. Disinformation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Has anyone thought that maybe this whole reptilian craze thing is part of a disinformation project. Disinformation agents could be planting this mockery to make the whole idea of alternative topics seem ignorant. Which it really is making some people look quite silly. So what do you think? Is this another murder plot for alternative topics?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Considering that this site has reptilians coming out of the woodwork so to speak and it's the largest conspiracy site on the internet, as well as the fact that when someone posts a reptilian thread, they're usually eviscerated by the skeptics and debunkers, no.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Shackleford

Maybe. But a lot of Reptilian type people (cough, Icke, cough) that I run into seem genuinely unhinged. It's when sane people, like Lear, make insane posts that I start smelling disinfo. This may just be genuine paranoid schizophrenia.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I believe many of the reptilian threads are a *points* scheme. Most of them have little substance other than posters walking in to quickly poke fun and debunk. Notice how large these threads grow -- even if it's only posters who go inside to ridicule the original poster. Time and time again I've watched threads with real questions be ignored. But anything with reptilian in the title gets attention and ridicule and grows points.

Even this thread died because posters would rather make fun of reptilians than discuss the real reason behind these threads.

As soon as posters lose interest in one thread, another is created. Second verse same as the first. And on it goes.

When I see certain posters, I immediately think of YouTube reptilians. Sadly, the questions I really want to have answered hasn't been.

- WHY does Poster X believe in reptilians? Has he seen one himself?

- Other than YouTube clips, what evidence do you have? What makes you believe reptilians would shapeshift on film for all to see? What would be their reason?

These threads upset me because the reptilian phenomenon COULD be real. But because there's been very little serious discussion, we may never know the truth.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Maybe this thread is a double bluff (or should that be triple bluff???) and you're the disinfo agent because the posters of this "incredible" compressed youtube footage have got too close to the truth.

But seriously I don't think it's disinfo just a couple of people going OTT on the reptile thing.

That said I'm not totally against the Idea of Reptilians in principle, its just these videos are really quite laughable, especially when touted as "undiniable proof"

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think it would be foolish to believe that. Why would some one make disinformation that is pretty much unbelievable. Also if something is disinformation, likely you wouldn't know it and people wouldn't be attacking it.
So your answer is no.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

You may not agree with David Icke, but he is not unhinged, as you say. Have you ever heard him speak? He is very lucid and well-spoken. Maybe his sense of reality is not yours - just leave it at that.

But, yeah, what's up with Lear? There is something really inconsistent in his posts. I don't think it is always the same guy who answers. or maybe... he's been taken over by a reptilian ;-)

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DunJinn

DunJinn,

So what did you see?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
All this reptilian nonsense is just a lot of people having fun and making fun of the "kooks" here. There may be a very small core of uninformed or gullible people who believe it to be real, but for the most part, it's just a joke that people pretend to take seriously. For those of you familiar with it, it's the "Weekly World News" portion of this forum.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chutso_ha

I'll never say on ATS, lol. I'll be told I'm crazy, insane, making it up, etc. I have no proof, so in theory, what I saw really doesn't matter.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chutso_ha
reply to post by uberarcanist

Maybe his sense of reality is not yours - just leave it at that.

What on earth does that mean, his sense of reality? There's only one reality by definition. You can't just type things because they sound cool, especially if it has absolutely no substance. Icke is very much a nutcase imho.

top topics

join