It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simon Grey cannot make up his mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I hate it how the 3 amigos are always changing this site. Keep one theme and stick with it, do not change it every 4 months.

Any other member feel this way?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
No, the issue is unimportant. (If I understood properly, your talking about the website them)

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I preferred the old buttons but it still looks pretty cool.
With all things if you dont evolve you'll soon find yourself extinct.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Nope,
Let the snow fall.
I have suspition they know what they are doing. I like it when they suddenly turn my world up side down.
WIS

Sorry spell check is down.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Such a thing as "good enough" doesn't exist. It can always be better.
If it was my website I would change it every day.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Change is sometimes good.

Old can get very boring.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think you have to consider the "public" in general...

While "we" as members for some time, may be "used" to a certain style on ATS, without attracting new members, what will ATS become?

Answer::: Just like every other forum board... Stale and dying...

With computer graphics, broadband and hardware changing every day or so, the updates to the site would seem to me, necessary and in many ways delightful... Refreshing even...

Embrace the change and look forward to what is coming next.....

Realistically nothing about the "base" board has changed. We still post our posts, create our threads, the TAC is the same, etc...

So everyday operations, as it were, remain the same.. Just the look changes and I can not see that as a bad thing...

Just sayin...

Semper

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Any other member feel this way?

As a member, No.

I like that the site is always changing, always evolving, and always offering something new to it's members. As time evolves, so will everything else. This community will never stagnate, and it will always continue to evolve.

Features may come and go, as will members.

At the end of the day, the core of what this community is will always remain intact, and we can be thankful for that.

(And it's SimonGray)

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Stagnation is the most dangerous thing to a website.

You can find lots of sites that stagnated and refused to evolve... except you'll only find them using archive.org

ATS won't fall by the wayside.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

A prime example: Let's Roll!

In it's heyday, the above site experienced massive amounts of traffic along with a great deal of new members and posts daily. But, as the result of PJ's inability to evolve the site, it has reduced to nothing but a few dozen regular posters scratching to keep the site alive.

ATS MUST continue to evolve.
jasn

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think he's talking about the little tool bar thing at the top which has changed quite a few times. I don't mind. I think the one we have now is the best so far. It's a lot less cluttered and it's easy to read.

I don't mind the changes at all, actually. It shows that ATS is always growing, active and improving and we can rest assured that it won't come to a standstill.

:]

new topics

top topics

join