It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the U.S. be on the winning side of WWIII?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The Spanish American war? Are you joking?

It was marketed by William Randolph Hurst and his papers, the faux news of the day by taking a faulty boiler explosion and turning it into a Spanish act of aggression.

We forced that war on Spain. We invaded the Philippines, promising to liberate them from Spain only to take their place and after all was said and done over 100,000 Filipinos were killed.

Give me a bloody break.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaxMachine
Greetings

It seems none of you posters have actual idea what would happen. I read many defense and strategy forums, where we concentrate in high tech weapons and strategy. I could bet 10.000€ that Russians would deliver more nukes that would land and intercept more than any other state.

1. Russian new nuclear missiles cannot be intercepted with any tech that us currently has (or near future).
2. Russian nuclear arsenal is mobile (trucks, trains etc..)
3. S-400 can intercept any nukes (ICBM too), with range of 500KM

Russians dont have enough S-400 to intercept all at the time, but reports are coming in that they will be teaming with China in manufacturing this system.

Speaking of near future, Russia will have 200 S-400 by 2015...so I think you are overemphasizing them right now as a big factor.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This thread will prove my point about the Spanish American war. Thanks to FredT.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
That has to be the stupidist idea. Cuba invading America. pshhh

lol with what? If they even make it to the US with their sinking ships. I would imagine the US goverment will deport them back to Cuba or some of them would ditch their county and try to become a US citizen. For those who want to fight, which is unlikely. I'm pretty sure the American citizens alone would have more firearms then their whole army, and we'll shoot them dead if they try to trespast on one of our properties.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Would the USA be on the winning side of WWIII ?

Despite all its military might, the USA was taught humility on September 11th by a few Arabs and three hijacked airliners. Have you any idea how crippling the paralysis would have been if the self same Arabs had detonated one crude nuclear device in NYC ? And how severe would be the US response ? It's beyond comprehension. But it's also within the realms of possibility. And some would say that scenario has more than a 50/50 chance of occurring within the next five years. So forget Russia, China & WWIII and concentrate on the present.

As the WOPR computer said at the end of the movie "Wargames", the only winning move in WWIII ... is not to play.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think Albert Einstein summed your question up perfectly.

I don't know, but I know how world-war four will be fought-with sticks and rocks - Albert Einstein

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The winners of WW3 will be the countries that didn't fight in it, and aren't near any countries that did.

I suspect Brazil and South Africa would eventually emerge as the next superpowers once the current nuclear powers were done utterly decimating each other. Assuming they were smart enough to stay out of it, that is.

Before trying to make predictions about who would be on who's side, look at what happened in WW1. Public alliances broke down and secret alliances emerged, which nobody predicted.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

What makes you suspect Brazil and South Africa would be the next superpowers? What's your basis for that estimation? Or did you arbitrarily choose those two?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

NO one will be on the winning side of WWlll. No one.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
I suspect Brazil and South Africa would eventually emerge as the next superpowers once the current nuclear powers were done utterly decimating each other.

Really? You do know that Brazil most likely still has nuclear arms?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Perhaps you misunderstood my post... I was responding to someone else. I agree with you fully and if you read the entire thread you will see that I do.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well well,

The US did not get involved until it was to late during WWII. Now we have taken the lead in knocking out countries that would try to destroy its neighbors. We bipedal meat sacks cant have it both ways!!!

really think about it

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Yeah, it's mostly a guess. I'd like to see who you think would be on top? I based my guess on three factors:

1. They are south of the equator. Most of WW3 would probably occur north of the equator, assuming the war would be over any of the things we're focussed on today. Australia would also probably get dragged into the fighting because it's a major player in that region of the world. So, basically, I'm guessing that Africa and South America would be the least crapped on continents of WW3 and therefor would be the likely places from which new superpowers could be spawned.

2. Brazil's economy is the 9th largest in the world and the largest in South America. With Canada and the US out of the picture, why that would make it the largest in the Western Hemisphere. Nothing like a head start to get the ball rolling!

3. South Africa has demonstrated the ability to go nuclear, and like Brazil it has the largest economy in its continent. Once Europe, Asia, and Australia were reduced to radioactive wastelands, that means South Africa has the largest economy on its half of the world.

Now, I admit there's flaws in my guess. For example, their economies might collapse without the presence of, well, most of Earth. Or maybe Europe would manage to stay out of it. Maybe the war wouldn't start with the Middle East, Taiwan, or North Korea after all and the fighting would actually be centered elsewhere. Or there might not be superpowers at all after WW3, perhaps mankind would go on to be a bunch of isolationist, peace-oriented societies.

But, given my assumption that WW3 would be started, fought, and ended mostly in the North, I think Brazil and South Africa are at least slightly better guesses than anything else. They'd only have to be smart enough to stay out of the war themselves.

Before I finish up this post, I'd sure like to know why, when every source I've ever seen in my life says that South Africa's nuclear program has been verified to be completely dismantled, and verified to the satisfaction of even the United States (which suspects everyone who sneezes of trying to develop WMDs), somebody is still saying that they're likely to still have their nuclear weapons?

At any rate, to address that possibility I'll assume for a minute that they still have nuclear weapons. If they managed not to get involved in World War 3 and afterwards were the only nuclear armed nation left standing, it's not far fetched to think that might work to their benefit anyways. 20 people enter a room. 5 have guns. 4 of the people with guns kill each other and half the other people in the room. The other guy with a gun hides under a table until the shooting stops. You're left with 10 people, only one of them has a gun. Who's got the power?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
In a Third World War, there would be Global, Economic, and Social disaster. The World would be set back hundreds of years, and if anyone surived "if it wasn't a Nuclear War" relations between countries would never be the same. Then again, Japan and the U.S. seemed to get along just fine after they got Nuked not once but twice. It's a scenario of scenarios... Who knows the true out come. Maybe the "bad guys" know they are bad and would respect an honest defeat, and bow down to the more powerful country, Japan had Honor and they are a totally different culture compared to North Korea, China, Russia, and Iran and Syria.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
That has to be the stupidist idea. Cuba invading America. pshhh

lol with what? If they even make it to the US with their sinking ships. I would imagine the US goverment will deport them back to Cuba or some of them would ditch their county and try to become a US citizen. For those who want to fight, which is unlikely. I'm pretty sure the American citizens alone would have more firearms then their whole army, and we'll shoot them dead if they try to trespast on one of our properties.

Yes, any type of Cuban Insurgency would more than likely be met with some sort of American Milita if the Army and National Guard were bogged down in another War.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Nuclear war is out of the question. While the nukes make a very big boom, their real killing power comes in the form of toxic fallout. Indiscriminate killing at that. No one wins a nuclear war. All fall down.

Poor Cuban soldiers invading Florida will be cut to pieces by the civilians, much less the military forces of the US. As another suggested, not one of their troop carriers would make the 90 mile journey intact, so the point is moot.

Russia and China are paper tigers. Putin is pulling a Kruschev and talking big, without a suitably sized stick (or shoe) to back it up. As said, nukes are useless. I can't help but feel that Putin has been promised something by the powers that be for his recent tirades threatening war with the US, in order to provide "incentive" for the US to increase arms development and purchases.

The US is in such a position technologically that it does not need to set a single soldier on foreign soil in order to rain enough destruction on targeted countries to cause their governments to collapse. The trick is to keep them from completely collapsing. That would not benefit anyone, especially the US.

World War III has been underway for quite a long time. It has been an economic war. It is not clear who is winning, at least not to me.

What would happen if the US suddenly curtailed importing goods from China? This would not be good for China. Yes, I know that China is into US currency to the tune of trillions of dollars of debt. But so what? If we can print money as we please, we can change laws and make other arrangements to handle our debt to the satisfaction of those that matter. After all, the currency is just paper, backed with nothing anyway.

Russia is dependent upon the US to keep oil prices high. Syria plays no part in the global scenario, nor does anyone else in the Middle East, including Iran. Iran is just an excuse for Bush to sell more arms for his buddies in those businesses. It's the same old con game as always.

The physical military reality of WW III will not come to exist because a real nuclear war will not be profitable. It is as simple as that.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
In World War 3, I don't think anyone considers nukes in a hypothetical situation, and I don't think any country will be the first to utilise nuclear weapons - they just won't.

When a country is defeated, they will seek surrender terms, and there is unlikely to be any land ownership changes, only peace conditions - like those places on Germany and Japan after WW2.

In the even of a conventional war, I can't see the US winning.

We have the SCO with Russia, China and India and the countries around them. These three countries have very strong relationships. Actually I would pick India to remain neutral in any conflict, but it doesn't make a difference.

Middle East and Africa will be seized easily by Russia and China, both of which have interests there and both of which are closer geographically than USA to that region.

Europe will have to side with Russia - and they don't even have a choice, because if they don't, Russia will cut off energy supplies, and Europe won't make it through the next winter in this case.

Africa is Chinese of course. So is much of South America.

The biggest problems and challenges from WW3 will be economic and in form of trade. Never in the history of Earth have so many countries traded so freely as they do now. Trade is essential to every single country on Earth, and those countries with vast natural resources will be much better off than others in WW3. This is of course Russia.
Much of Europe, especially Germany is very low on key energy resources, and they will not fair well.

Australia.....I hope to god we remain neutral. And I strongly believe we will.

I can also see smaller countries getting annexed. Taiwan will be taken by China very quickly. Russia is likely to take Georgia and/or Azerbaijan. Belarus and Russia may also merge. North Korea might try to pull something with South Korea.

I don't see any country starting this conflict other than USA, and I don't see USA winning, so it probably won't happen.
But if it does, it will be very eventful to say the least.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
We are going to lose WWIII there is no doubt because we are fighting for fun and profit and our enemies are fighting for their survival.

Our enemies also have the force of spirit on their side we don’t even if nukes are never used we are still going to lose because we are on the wrong side of history.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
In the event the entire World decides to go to war, here is the breakdown.

Being that Adam and Eve are happily married and living in peace. All of their children will fight together, even if only in a support role, against lonely Lilith and her kids, the ones who still support her at least, which will only be the hardcore psycopaths.

In terms you guys can understand: Iran will be fighting along side Chavez's Venezaula, Castro's Cuba, Bashir's Sudan and various other terror organizations. Versus everyone else.

The hostilities will take about 72 hours or so. I think that once all the secret alliances click in and everyone shows their true side, Cuba, Venezuela and Sudan will abandon Iran to its destruction. No nukes necessary.

After its over, America will be redeemed and everyone will apologize for the mean things they said to her.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by bruxfain]

[edit on 22-10-2007 by bruxfain]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
one word for the title of this thread:

No

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join