It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the U.S. be on the winning side of WWIII?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I feel like I am in a time vortex. I remember being so happy in the 60's and the 70's as a child. Yes, I knew of Vietnam, and Korea but didn't really understand it. Now we have terrorism, the threat of which has been extrapolated upon since the early 80's by the CIA and FBI. Didn't really at the time understand that, at the time, either. So here we are.
So it was written, so it shall be until some high thinkers (definitely not me) figure a way to get us out of this spiral into the loo.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I don't think there will be ANY winners when WWIII is over. There will only be survivors.

I agree. WWIII is unlikely to stay conventional. Once one person pops of nukes, most with them will see it as a use it or lose it type scenario and you wil see Pakistan and India go at it. Isreal will nuke everybody in the ME. China, USSR, and the USA will trade blows.

Basically you will have rubble and isolated pockets of survivors.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
if ww3 does happen the winner wont be the us as some us citizens think,
blind patriotsm and over confidence is affecting logical thinking.
Depending on who its against, if it is between the us and iran & it's allies the us will obviously come out on top.

If the war is between the us and russia, i dont think that there can be a clear winner, the reason for war will of course be a major factor in any senario as this will determine the level of support for either side.

At the moment the us does not have many friends, even the uk is trying to distance its self from us foreign policies, that is how bad, no i mean disasterous us foreign policies are.

A war against china will also be difficult, politically and militarilly us will get no support, the chinese are still producing a lot of the consumer goods that world needs and war against such a country will only increase the enemies of the us, as a lot of countries depend on the chinese production.

I recently been to china and technologically they are not as far behind as some you think, they are rapidly advancing in technology and with the amount of money going into thier economy, it wont be long before china
posses the latest toys, they will have more support and more men in a global conflict than any other country in the world.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It all depends on who become our allies and who turn their back to us. Frankly alot of them are turning their back to us because we torture prisoners and kill civilians more than Al-QUaida never did. We kill 15,000 people a month and yet none of them have been the person who initiated the 9/11 attack.
... BUT INSTEAD?!?

We take over an entire country! Two of them! And we can't seem to find this group of 12 people who bombed the WTC?!?! Usama Bin Laden really have more connections than the US Govt.?

Frankly our debt is in the numbers that we as citizens can't mentally turn into what we would spend it on because we never get the opportunity to spend a couple hundred thousand dollars each month.

Aside from the $$ debt, we are in debt human beings. We can't be in every place at once, especially with some of these middle east armys who clearly have much larger armys than we do (human wise) who could dominate the united states if they could get every single one of their soldiers onto our bays. But that's difficult right? Unless they are clever enough to dress up like FexEx.

They say technology is the reason we'll win the war. That is as long as Japan doesnt turn it's back on us. Why wouldn't they though? After we nuked them? When nuclear arms war/race comes up why wouldn't they want to get us back? We feed off of Japan's technology. In fact they are beating us back to the moon, and will be streaming a live satellite via broadband.

Currently though.. I can forsee a few key allies who have turned their back to us. Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea (a few smaller countries I don't really know about in between). Notice geographically they are very closely fit together. For this reason they trade all of their supplies with each other, and in turn black market or not weapons technology flows throughout this area. China has the technology area covered, as well as the manpower. Imagine if they were a team versus the US alone. Scary...

I think nobody will win the war in the end, except the NWO. We will fight and fight and fight because we can all feel it coming whether we know it or not. Eventually, everything will be in ruins and we will look to the government for support. That's when they will say "what I say goes" and we will all listen like prisoners.

//Edit -
I'd also like to mention that they have started trading oil for euros and yen rather than US dollars. That's getting us where it hurts.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by blowfishdl]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Makes me wonder what the heck is going through Bush's head. He's alienating this country with his foreign policy and doesn't seem to have a care in the world about it. It his agenda or bust.(or boom) Does he really think we can just keep marching into countries to start wars? Iraq was one thing but Iran is another. Going into Iran will teach us lesson I'm afraid.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Who fires the first shot?

That will be who "loses" in this scenario. Aggressors have a habit of losing spectacularly.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
World War III,

Do we really need it? Is it winnable? To win would be to avoid it altogether.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
We kill 15,000 people a month and yet none of them have been the person who initiated the 9/11 attack.

Now hold it right there Mr.Blowfishd. There is no way of truly knowing how accurate such numbers are. They seem very much so over bloated. Let us not forget that Iraq was and is a third world country with a third world mortality rate. So that is one thing that should be taken into consideration when dealing with such numbers.

And by the way, what a pompous, arrogant thing of you to say with such certainty in your tone!

They say technology is the reason we'll win the war. That is as long as Japan doesnt turn it's back on us. We feed off of Japan's technology.

List your Examples please? It goes both ways. Infact, America is the one where all the latest ground breaking medical tech is coming from, the entire world really does 'leech off of' the US in these regards, japan is much smaller then the US (land mass wise) which makes it much easier to get the latest gadget and gismos out to there populous. And BTW, the US accounts for 40% of the world spending on R&D.

In fact they are beating us back to the moon, and will be streaming a live satellite via broadband.

The US accomplished such a feat in the 60's. Also, to imply that japan is "beating" the US "back" to the moon, would be implying that japan has already been to the moon.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by West Coast]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Retarded bullhookies West Coast. Psyop all the way. Don't let them get under your skin.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Unless, you are in some little pocket of a cave in New Zealand or South America. If you want for that in all the carnage of the planet God Bless. Lions, tigers, and bears. Oh my. I'm tired of being afraid. Somewhere, someplace pockets of humanity will survive. I hope they do better 'next' time.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If WWIII Breaks Out, I'm more than certain The US would come out on Top as usual. Regardless of How many ICBM's or Nuclear Missiles other countries have - The US is the only Nation I am aware of that have Space-Based Weapons Systems that can take out Guided Missiles before they even reach the continent. Not to mention the highly-advanced Military Technology the US has in their arsenal.

If just One of the Major US Cities is taken out by nukes - Killing hundreds of thousands - if not millions of innocent people - The UN would impose Immediate and Radical Sanctions against the Hostile Nation, and Every Democratic or Allied Nation on the Planet would be outraged. When it comes down to it - Launching A Nuke against allied countries would be virtual suicide for any nation - and every world leader knows this.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Shouldn't the question be "Should you want America to win?"

I'd like to see everyone's response to that
Because America hasn't stopped invading countries since 30-40yrs now

Shouldn't there be a country that finally stops all of this BS?

Do you believe you are one of the good guys?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hell's to the motha effing "S" no!

And say we do "win" what do we get? nothing.

WE as in you and mE!..

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

We should do better this time. It isn't too late.

We have everything we need in place already. Just look at the people around you, there is good in them. They don't want to kill and die! They don't want to be afraid.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
In a "Gloves come Off" senario Im confident the USA would win as its shown minimal compunction to use Nuclear Devices before back in 1945 and continues to use DU rounds world wide. If it come down to who had the nerve to use their full arsenal I have no doubt that the USA is at the top of the pile.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

"I do no not know how the Third World War will be fought, but I do know how the Fourth will: with sticks and stones."

Albert Einstein

[edit on 20/10/07 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 20/10/07 by spacevisitor]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

The only way to win a war is to not enter in to one. War is an artifact of our species lack of creative. It is the very opposite of creative.

In World War Three there will only be the dead, losers and chumps. No winners.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
Ok, I agree there are no winners per se, so I'll rephrase.

Do you think we would be defeated or be victorious like we were in WW1 and WW2?

I wonder with our resources being stretched the way they are, what that would do to our chances.

In my opinion (for whatever that is worth) I do not think the US would be victorious in the event of WW3, and I do not feel it has anything to do with our troops being stretched thin. It will have everything to do with the way the US has attempted to be dominate over all other countries and play the world's police force as well as our current foreign policy (if you can really even call it that). In WW2 we had allies, in WW3 I do not think too many countries would be on our side. If anything I can see the majority of countries allying against the US just for the purpose of creating a more level playing field world wide. I hope that makes sense, it is late and I had a very long night at work so I may not have worded what I am trying to say very well.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast

Infact, America is the one where all the latest ground breaking medical tech is coming from, the entire world really does 'leech off of' the US in these regards.

I disagree. The US has not found a cure to anything since Polio and the US is not interested in find a cure for anything. What the US is interested in is finding ways for you to live with whatever it is that you suffer from. There is no money in the cure, there is only money in the medicine.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I see either 1 of 2 things.

1. The U.S HAS U.F.O technology that its has kept secret from the world. We all know what these craft are capable of, and for a fleet of these craft, knocking out incoming nuclear missiles will be a walk in the park. MUCH faster than ANY nuke, and one craft alone could more than likely knock out multiple missiles before impact. Absolute control of the skies and everything in them, including missile technology. Which means the U.S can strut around the world stage with the mother of all aces up its sleeve without fear of reprisal from any country in the world regardless how many or how big they build their bombs.

2. WW3 will be used to usher in a new age, whereby the world will be collectively screaming for a savior as nuclear war looms closer. Conflict breaks out and starts off with invasion of Iran, Russia and even China become involved, and the entire planet holds its breath as we are constantly updated via the news services.
And just as its looking like mankind is about to pull the plug on itself, a savior comes to our rescue in the form of "our alien brothers" who use their superior technology to stop the bombs from being launched and stop the war dead in its tracks.
The world rejoices as one for our saviours, who have turned up just in time to save us from ourselves.

Or maybe nothing will happen and we'll all have to go back to work on Monday ....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join