It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this a dry run for an attack on DC?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

That's assuming that the crook had a rational mindset if, indeed, he had monetary considerations in mind.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Well I was responding to someone saying he might be taking the truck for profit reasons, as I said I don't have a clue of his reasons, but just a criminal trying to make money is not what I would think is one of them.

My Best Guesses.
1 Something really stupid by a lone nut.
2 a shot across the bow to warn DC by that shadowy group that likes to use fear.
3 a dry run for something bad
4 an engineered thing to continue public fear.

Unfortunately they are all bad.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I learned to drive on several vehicles, my father had operated several trucks in his life and to this day still maintains his CDL license. And i must say that no tom dick and harry is gonna try to steal a Tanker truck with a 12 or 14 gear transmission, and air brakes. I know great truck drivers that are not certified for air brakes, its not screwing around. And driving a liquid cargo is kinda weird too. This isnt the movie Goodfellas where it was some old 18 wheeler from the 70s that you could just grind till it fit. This is a timed and speeded process to drive such a truck. Especially on the high way. Taxiing around a parking lot is one thing but real driving with full load at high speed is another. If someone stole this truck it had to have been pre meditated, and such a thing would imply a plan. Its obvious that if they were able to make it to DC they could have made it to anywhere else before DC to unload the cargo for money or whatever its very weird that it was just a joyride, in a tanker truck no less. Either joy riding car boosters are getting really creative, or something else.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by feanorthedude]

<< 1   >>

join