It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

94 'Scort fuel line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Okay boys and girls,
I have a 94 'scort wagon - exhaust is shot, and needs replacing which i will be doing - however, i believe my fuel line is shot also, due to exhaust bouncing up and down as it is rusted totally. I think it may have nicked the line, and its now leaking a little. When i go to start her in the morning, she has a hell of a time trying to kick over. she cranks fine, but just wont kick over. when she does, she stinks of fuel, and as i drive she still stinks. When i stop, and turn her off, then leave her for say an hour or so, i'll go back and she will still smell like gas. but if i leave her overnight, the smell is gone, until she cranks. I think its the line, and if it is, how difficult is it to replace? I'm not an ase mechanic, and not overly confident in dealing with fuel. If i take it to a shop, what should i expect to pay to have the lines replaced?

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I don't know about the costs, but the problem may not be your fuel lines. the smell can be caused by a bad Oxygen sensor, or your fuel pump could have a leak. Have you inspected your lines to ensure the lines need replaced?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

To be honest, i havent. I took a quick peek under the body last night, and i can see a section of rusted fuel line, but I never really looked at it properly. I guess its from not feeling comfortable working with fuel. Could it also be maybe a bad injector? I have 181 and 183 error codes coming back, which is reading bank 1 running lean/rich (cant remember which right now) Could there be blow-by of fuel from them possibly? I'll check the o2 sensor tonight, but i know that was replaced roughly 6 months ago.

new topics

join