It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I felt so scared last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I dont normally get creeped out but with all of the wind and October feel in the air, I couldnt even bare to step outside for a smoke. (I never smoke indoors)I stood at the door with just my hand and cig sticking out. I was so paranoid feeling. Ok I had watched Dawn of the Dead, but usually scary shows don't have that affect on me. It made me think of DKs thread and the Zombie thread, and my imagination just took over I suppose. Weird huh? Do you ever get that creeped out feeling at night?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Yes...when i lived way out in the boonies...I felt like that a lot.We were surrounded by 50 acres of bush on either side...no close neighbours.
I Never went outside after dark.
When I was writing my stories,I drew on that experience.I even went into the bush near my home after dark, to remember that feeling, and write about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In ancient cultures the warriors would go through a right of passage that was dealing with the dark night of the soul. The men would go into the darkest part of the forrest and bury themselves up to the neck, they would remain there all night long and when it was over they would have faced all of their deepest fears. What you did reminds me of that AD. You are very brave to have done this and I am certain that you grew spiritually as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh, Antar..you have no idea.But you are very correct.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
AD sometimes its too easy to get caught up in the modern world of change and forget the reason consciousness and knowledge is so important . It is with reminders like this to keep my feet firmly planted in the ground and my head out of the clouds when personal change happens. I am so excited about the prospects of the coming days and it is with respect and reverance that I walk forward with a renewed sense of purpose. Perhaps I would do well to face my fears as I know for the past years I have done a great job slaying my demons.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yes..
years ago
It was a dark and cool October night.
I heard footsteps, just outside the house. Sounded like a couple of people.

I was just me at home. a kid, in the middle of the boonies.
I got my winchester rifle out..and went out the back door.
Trying to sneak up on whoever it was.

I was really quiet..there was no moon, so it was pitch black, I rounded the corner and saw a dark figure, heading towards the front porch.

I turned on my flashlight, and there he was!!!

My neighbors pony, eating our Jack o Lantern.!!!!!!!

Scared the crap outta me!

[edit on 19-10-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If there's no moon it's pitch black out here, except for the lights of Pahrump in the valley. This was before we got electricity. One night we had to make an important phone call, but couldn't get a signal. My hubby even climbed up a ladder to the roof and still no signal. So we decided to drive the pick-up and head higher up towards Mount Charleston. Still no signal while standing on the ground. So we got in the back of the truck and finally got a signal. While waiting for my better half to make the call I got really strange feeling something was watching us. Then ALL OF A SUDDEN WE HEARD A BLOOD CURDLING SCREAM! Like a woman being KILLED OR SOMETHING! We both realized at the same time it wasn't a woman, but a COUGAR! I don't think we ever moved so fast 'EVER' GETTING BACK INTO THE TRUCK and FLOOR BOARDING IT, DOWN THE MOUNTAIN!

new topics

top topics

join