It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HPD officer shoots, kills naked man who chased him

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

In case your not absolutly sure yet YES THE US IS UNDER TYRANNY! It is a police state. Our police HAVE BECOME law enforcement just ask them and they will say so. They are trained that the founding fathers are terrorists and that anyone they approach are are threats. They do whatever they like and if you dissapprove they arrest you if your lucky and kill you if your unlucky.

Kids get arrested and tazzed in public for asking the wrong questions. Our politions do whatever they like and offer the public "one figered salutes". It is despotic. Flee while its still an option. Soon the borders will be locked down and leaveing will not be an option.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Yuk Dr Love. Most of your comments I have read have been -- well, thought out. This thread is not.
I had recently read a belly-dancing lady suddenly fell to her knees pulled out a device and bled to death. Gosh not a story I'd post here at Above Top Secret. Officer Killing a naked Man does not cut it being slapped onto ATS news -- in my opinion Sir.

follow?

Dallas

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Lay off the Alex Jones, dude. It's a bad drug.

I'm well aware of the current situation in this country, and it's not as serious as you are making it out to be in your post.

It's bad, yes - but it's not like that.

And by the way, no, I'm not leaving. Don't claim they're making the founding fathers look like terrorists, and clearly show your support for the founding fathers, while also advocating bailing out on your home country, when you know, or should know, that our founding fathers wouldn't leave this country alive.

[edit on 10/20/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I for one can see the need to stop someone coming after me with force to protect myself especially since they were shot twice !

During my personal nervous breakdown 10 years ago, I was so out of control and was probably very capable of hurting someone as your body becomes so full of adrenaline at that time. Your thought processes are also non-existant. I was handcuffed and flew into an out of control rage in the police car. My wrists were extreamely sore, bruised and painful from the strength that I had that day. Looking back I would never believe it was me behaving that way. To this day, I have amnesia concerning the incident as your mind does so to protect it's self. But I know that I was dangerous at that time too.

I can only imagine a man acting that way and the potential harm that they could inflict. Since he did have such a history of drug abuse, I would bet he was high and DANGEROUS! A lethal weapon at best. If drugs were not the case and he too was suffering from a mental illness he would still be a DANGER and THREAT to anyone!

'If' he was naked that would also convince me he was out-there and set on harming me.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   

When you thnk of your reverence for the founding fathers you should keep in mind that they FLED Brittian. They did not stick around and host the revolution there THEY RAN! And when they could mount a resistenece in the new world they did so.

If you think thngs aren't as bad as I am makeing them out to be your either not paying attention to the world you live in OR you don't live in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Well i dont live in the US, but it may come to being assimilated forcibly into being part of America if the SPP comes through.
This situation of rampant brutality by police in America also is occuring in Canada..far more often than we hear of it......
There will be no choice but to resist this trend with the same methods that are being applied against us....someday soon....
The courts are not going to protect a citizen from the cops penchant for overkill,as the goverments move closer to totalitarianism...(do you think well actually get an honest vote as to whether we wish to unite our nations?....its already a done deal)in order to bring their plans to fruition.
The police are being encouraged to maintain this attitude because the Gov Boys expect they will be needed to quell any dissent to the changes that are comming.A police force that is sufficiently tuned to the populace it serves would be inclined to defend its citizens from such govermental machinations, rather than to enforce illegally enacted laws.
bergle

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Just some further information on the topic...

"The officer was in fear of his life at the time he fired his weapon. Look at size of the individual. I think about a 270-pound individual acting very irrational," Hurtt said.

"Officers have to make snap judgments. Officers are in risky situations and officers can get hurt. They should not have to endure risk and physical danger to themselves to do their jobs," Houston Mayor Bill White said.

HPD policy says an officer can use deadly force if it is necessary to "protect themselves or others from imminent threat of serious bodily injury or death."

Click 2 Houston

So, what some of you are saying is that the police are supposed to endure both kinds of violence....

They are supposed to allowed people to attack them physically, and attack them in commentary like on here....

Are you all sure that is what they signed up for? I looked at the oath I took and no where does it say I am required to be hurt or killed just because YOU say I should...

Semper

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Several years ago the Supreme Court ruled that cops are not obligated to serve and protect. Within a week of that ruling the cop cars had the "to protect and serve" stickers removed and replaced with "seat belt enforcement".

Cops are not hired to protect and serve, they are hired to maintain the peace. If you play your music too loudly, you're disturbing the peace. If you rob a liquor store, you're disturbing the peace. Not sure how refusing/neglecting to wear a seat belt disturbs the peace but the $50.00 ticket that results from that behavior is a revenue gathering activity that funds the police department for future "peace keeping".

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

I didn't realize I had set the bar so high for myself. Thanks for the backhanded compliment.

Any thoughts on the topic?

Peace

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

So we should flee and fight the US Government elsewhere?

Please, stop listening to Alex Jones. I can tell you listen to him. It's very obvious.

I live in the US and I do pay attention to the world. Nowhere did I say that things weren't bad. They are bad, but they're not as bad as what you and Alex Jones think.

He's a fraud. Stop believing him.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
when you know, or should know, that our founding fathers wouldn't leave this country alive

Oh? They left their previous country alive.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Oh? They left their previous country alive.

Already been mentioned

As you see, I said "this" country. Considering they fought in the United States and established the United States and a lot of us are in the United States, I don't see how their previous country applies.

I also don't see what that changes when it is brought up that they left Britain.

We're talking about fleeing the United States, and I'm saying that I don't think they would flee in this situation, they'd stay and try to change things, which is what we should do.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Already been mentioned

Ah. That makes two people seeing the irony of your comments in regards to revolutionaries like Jones.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

revolutionaries like Jones.

Revolutionaries like Jones?

Oh boy

I guess I fail to see irony in a post that I said it's stupid to bail on your home country when it's in trouble and still call yourself a patriot.

But as long as you see the irony, I guess it must be true.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I guess I fail to see irony in a post that I said it's stupid to bail on your home country when it's in trouble and still call yourself a patriot.

I'll make it very clear.

The founding fathers are revolutionaries that "bailed", as you call it, on their "home country" in order to create a new political entity (something that you laugh at and call unpatriotic - ironic).

Jones is a revolutionary (understand the word) also, regardless of our subjective opinion of him, except he is in favor of changing the system he is a citizen of, not advocating emmigration or secession of land.

Your initial statement about Jones, then, is a product of confusion and is unfounded. Case closed

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The founding fathers are revolutionaries that "bailed", as you call it, on their "home country" in order to create a new political entity (something that you laugh at and call unpatriotic - ironic).

They also fought their own government. Since there is no land on this planet that isn't owned by a national body, I guess we'll have to ignore your corrected minor technicalities and fight this government in this country.

Jones is a revolutionary (understand the word) also, regardless of our subjective opinion of him, except he is in favor of changing the system he is a citizen of, not advocating emmigration or secession of land.

Can you prove he's in favor of changing the system? He has shares in oil. Given that, I don't think he'd be too in favor of changing that part of it.

You can't prove he's in favor of changing the system. Simply because he says these things does not make them true. George Bush has said that the United States is trying to spread peace throughout the planet. Does that make it true?

Your initial statement about Jones, then, is a product of confusion and is unfounded. Case closed

No, it's only a product of confusion because of your opinion of Jones. For those of us who know who the guy really is, it's all perfectly clear.

He's not for changing the system, he's a fraud, and our founding fathers fought their government as we should fight ours.

It is all very clear, and has been even before you made this post hoping you would make it very clear.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
To compare Alex Jones to our Founding Fathers is plain disgraceful. They have nothing in common. Alex Jones makes up stories and exaggerates things to make a story and uses lies and acts like an a--hole to further his agenda. The Founding Fathers fought against clear cut wrong.

And in addition, the concept of law enforcement like we have today did not exist in the 1700s so the British Army cant be compared to the Houston Police.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join