It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know about CGI but could there be CGR?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Some talented folk have given us some fantastic UFO pics over the last few months using CGI but I've started wondering if some real UFO sightings are CGR? (computer generated reality). Is there such a thing? I'd imagine with the advances of science and the technologies we don't even know exist yet, if that's a possibility? It could be a combination of hologram and nano or something completely new using the latest quantum discoveries and using a computer to generate the effects at a certain space and time. When I had my best sighting the craft appeared kind of like a piece at a time, (like it was loading), and I've heard other folk say similar. Or even in cases where the craft just appeared as if it "blinked on". Is this a new theory or have some folk already thought of it? Or am I going completely off my trolley?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Interesting theory. wiki has some good articles about literal "Virtual Realities" that sound somewhat like the Matrix. I have read most of them and taking into account some of the theories there...I'd say it is entirely possible IF that technology does in fact exist. I have no doubt in my mind that it does though.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadangel23
I'd say it is entirely possible IF that technology does in fact exist. I have no doubt in my mind that it does though.
I kind of feel that way myself. If there's room for it in the universe it's probably there IMO.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Intersting. I was kinda thinking about this the other day, However I dont picture it as something, maybe the way it was portrayed in the Matrix. Where as you'd have seemingly unlimited range of motion, other than laying strapped in bed with needles in your neck. I was thinking more like, a huge IMAX room that was basically a 360 degree picture or movie. The reason I was pondering this, i was thinking about about the photos taken of the moon by NASA. I mean ALL of them. The ones they're using to make the mosaics. SO what if rather than a 2D large picture, it was constructed to represent the pics in 3D but basically, you'd be able to "walk amongst them". I dunno, its probly already been done. I dont get out like i used too and up till recently the computer has actaully been "useful" for me. Other than payin bills and scoring music. Intersting thought none the less. thanks lfor lettin me get that off my chest.
later

new topics

top topics

join