It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can God be an Alien race?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
At the risk of going south when I die, I think that the bible may prove that god is not a single being, but may be aliens, that used their own DNA to create mankind.

From the Bible:

Genesis 1:26 - And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness.....

Genesis 2:21 - And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in that place.

Genesis 3:8 - And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking.....

Genesis 3:9 Then the Lord God called to the man and said "Where are you?"

Genesis 3:22Then the Lord God said "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, .....

Why the use of Us, Our?

Does that not sound like a typical Alien Abduction operation?

How was God walking?

Why did God have to ask "Where are you" ?

This is all in the first 3 chapters, there is more throughout the bible, but I thought that this would be a good start for a discussion.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
interesting theory on this. i've never thought about it like that, but then how would you characterize Jesus and the rest of the bible in that theory?

if you allow yourself to be open to the idea, you can see how the resurrection and rise into heaven could be classified as an alien abduction. but what about the rest?

on a different note was the bible meant to be interpreted in your own way or was it something that was written and so its like that? i thought it was written about 1000 years after the facts actually happened. does that not account for it to be stretched some and more info added from different people as it was passed orally? or was the story kept word for word? (which i find hard to believe)

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
How about this on from Genesis 6:1 thru 4

When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
You know this is an interesting question and I've no doubt it's been addressed in a few Sci-Fi novels.

But it got me thinking about one aspect.

Would an alien God not be able to devise some way to display eternal and long lasting proof of their existence?

IOW, rather than 'help man build the pyramids', why wouldn't they leave a type of monument that was not composed of materials that you could find on Earth, or in a form that you could not find on Earth.

In fact a lower tech form might be a type of pyramid that humans could NOT build.

For instance a pyramid the size of the Great Pyramid of Giza that was one solid piece of, oh, I don't know, granite, or some hard mineral. Or how about a solid Titanium pyramid?

I think that would serve as -definite- proof that we'd been visited, unlike a pyramid built of blocks, which humans could conceivably build.

Such a (solid) monument could be treated by some kind of alien chemical so that it would not erode that much due to weather, if it was built from Earth materials. To be really clear, it could have been built of a non-Earthly metal (such as the mythic Adamantium, for example).

The fact that all Earth monuments are of a form that humans -could- have built them, though the 'how' might not be apparent shows to me in one way that we haven't been visited. OTOH, I've often thought that the great pyramids and other large monuments could have been a type of 'Cargo Cult', in which they are mimicking an alien ship (as per Stargate, the movie).

Does that make sense?

Anyway back on the subject at hand, I've always had the impression that the 'We' and 'Us' in Genesis were just uses like the 'Royal We', and not really indicative of multiple gods, though I can see how it might be interpreted that way.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yes, I find it very likely, specially considering the many signs of aliens in our history, such as cave paintings, paintings, statues, the Mayan knowledge of the solar system, the pyramids etc.

As for not proving to us that they exist... there could be many reasons. Maybe one of the universal laws of creation is that every race is responsible for its own destiny.

We're not doing too good though, are we... in fact, we are on a path of self destruction right now.

History repeats itself... according to the hopi indians, this is our fourth and last try. There have been civilizations before us and they all perished because science was their God and they had no respect for life or spirituality.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
the Cuna Indians in Panama believe that Adam and Eve came on a spaceship. They could have the only religion on Earth that got it right.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's certainly a possibility.

Just as we are about to give birth to self-learning AI, we may have started as something similar.

Another possibility is that we were on a natural evolutionary path and some beings modified us. It would explain the missing link and how civilization seemingly popped up out of nowhere.

They may have also used religion in our past as a way of guiding us... perhaps even wiped out the first few experiments to start over.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Another possibility is that we were on a natural evolutionary path and some beings modified us. It would explain the missing link and how civilization seemingly popped up out of nowhere.

I think us going from apes to humans is strong evidence of this. According to the evolution theory, we evolved into humans because we started using tools. Our brain grew and we started walking upright...

Well, thats one theory, but apes today are using tools as well, and probably have been forever without evolving into humans. I think a alien genetic upgrade would explain our evolution from apes a lot better.

All they would have to do is take a few apes into their ships, upgrade them, and then watch as generation after generation carried the modified DNA and spread across the planet.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21
interesting theory on this. i've never thought about it like that, but then how would you characterize Jesus and the rest of the bible in that theory?

That is an easy answer, that I am surprised that nobody came with yet. Mary, virgin birth - Alien abduction & implanted embryo

The star that the wise men (Astrologers) were following, an UFO, as stars don't generally move around the sky for months on end.

Originally posted by ghostryder21
on a different note was the bible meant to be interpreted in your own way or was it something that was written and so its like that? i thought it was written about 1000 years after the facts actually happened. does that not account for it to be stretched some and more info added from different people as it was passed orally? or was the story kept word for word? (which i find hard to believe)

First of all, every church in the world, & every sermon ever given is an interpretation of the bible in the preacher's own way.

As far as being passed on orally, I refer you to the Dogons.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Not a far-fetched option. Have you checked out BibleUFO.com? The site has an an extensive amount of "evidence" that states that the mysterious events in the Bible were really encounters with Aliens/UFO. I can't say that I completely buy that theory, but it is an interesting read. You might be interested in seeing what's there. Let me/us know what you think.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It's an interesting question. I read the bible a few years back because my sister became born again and i wanted to know what she was getting into. I noticed straight away how God seemed to speak in plural form rather than singular. This indicated to me that God was not a singular entity.

But that doesn't mean God was aliens. It makes sense if you take the bible for face value, but that value degrades when you consider the fact that none of the authors of the bible were writing eye-witness accounts, and that you simply can't rely on the dialogue to be accurate, as it was passed down generation to generation around camp fires, most likely.

With regard to the question about why aliens wouldn't put everlasting proof of "Gods" existence on Earth for all to see, i think that defeats the purpose. IF we consider for a moment that aliens did come down from another world and manipulate DNA to create modern man, i think you would have to ask why. It's not like there are roving gangs of aliens out there that just stop when they find life, manipulate some DNA and move on. They must have had a more significant reason that that, and the science of enhancing DNA was likely secondary to the social experiment that took place, which is why there was no real hard evidence left behind for God's existence. Perhaps, if aliens are responsible for modern man, they did it as a research experiment to show how we progressed without God. For all we know there's another planet out there with similar living conditions, terrain, etc (controlled experiment) WITH hard evidence of God, and homo sapiens living their lives there as an opposite to here.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
He's either talking about angles and him when he says those words instead of me and I, or it's because when these were translated to English it was how royalty referred to themselves, so since the writers consider God the highest of royalty they wrote it that way.

Originally posted by logicize
How about this on from Genesis 6:1 thru 4

When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.

Its supposed to be Angles/Watchers. The Book of Enoch(the real genesis) explains it better.

"1It happened after the sons of men had multiplied in those days, that daughters were born to them, elegant and beautiful.

2And when the angels, (3) the sons of heaven, beheld them, they became enamoured of them, saying to each other, Come, let us select for ourselves wives from the progeny of men, and let us beget children."

reluctant-messenger.com...

Video Explaining The Book of Enoch

video.google.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The Bible? Go back further to get the stories that appear in edited form in the Bible(s). Can't read the Sumerian tablets? Read Zecharia Sitchin. Read all of his books on the subject and then you might understand your Bible(s) better.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by humanunnaki
The Bible? Go back further to get the stories that appear in edited form in the Bible(s). Can't read the Sumerian tablets? Read Zecharia Sitchin. Read all of his books on the subject and then you might understand your Bible(s) better.

Just because other people wrote documents about it also doesn't discredit it. The Sumerians called them the watchers so did the Egyptians and Enoch.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Shawn B.]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well...if GOD/the gods/our Creator were 'alien'...who created the human race...using 'alien' DNA...

...then wouldn't we be 'aliens,' too?

Either that, or our Creator(s) would not be an 'alien'?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
We're Humanunnaki. A hybrid of space aliens (the Anunnaki) and earthly hominid.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I am NOT a 'humanunnaki '! Speak for yourself!

I know that for sure because I do know my own personal origins...although we are all human beings here on planet Earth, without a doubt!

Sirians from Sothis...Templars from Arcturus..Ants from Mu...Pleiadian priestesses...& even nomadic soldiers of fortune/tomb raiders who are known as Apiru - but humanunnaki's?

Where did you get that name, if I may be so bold to ask?

Sounds like Anakim but it is not the same thing...but the Anakim aren't 'aliens,' anyway. The Anakim are the wearers of amulets and talismans and are from a long-gone terrestrial patriarch.

It is quite possibly a human-devised ruse...designed with a name that seems quite authentic...but yet I have never heard any mention of such a people from the stars!

I'm not sniping you at all - I'm just asking you about something that I'm finally curious enough to just bluntly ask about! Hope you don't mind.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Considering life started on this planet from meteor impacts that obviously came from other than earth, I would say it's very likely that we are all somewhat alien. New alien life is coming to our planet all the time. The dust from passing comets contains life and is the reason for some of the huge epidemics we've had in the past and will in the present,future.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Shade O. Danzer

Hello

I posted a similar question in the UFO forum. I'm new to this place and was pleasantly surprised to find 'my theory' has been around for a long time.

Someone left a link to the Raelians website. I thought this was a cult, I had no idea what it was about. I went to the site and downloaded a set of three books for free in PDF format. I just started reading book one this afternoon and yes, it's all there, the history of how aliens created humanity in its own image and how the Bible tells the whole thing. I'm very open minded, I can't help it so you won't ever see me wearing a Raelian T-shirt and baseball cap but, and I really mean this, the references in the book are either true or very very well conceived interpretations of the Bible. It actually makes a lot of sense and I've been as critical as I could in reading.

So.....

1. It's true, all of it.

2. It's a story written around the Bible, possibly to convince people of Israel's belief that they are 'the chosen ones.'

3. It's a cult out to make money, although the download is safe and free.

4. The Raelians really believe number 1 (above) but in fact developed it all on point 2 (above).

It's worth downloading because it's free and it's a great read whether you believe it or not.

It ties in nicely with the recent Yahweh summoning by the black guy in Las Vegas who has summoned UFOs at will and did it for TV cameras. Yahweh being the reference to God and the origins of Allah are there too in the download.

rael.org...

Don Maccy

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
God ,in some sense, is equvalent to an alien.He has advanced technologies which we cant understand or handle. To some extent ,God perhaps could not do anyting he wants to do.He seldom bring dead person back to life eventhough he has the power. Aliens ,as well as the God, are capable of ruling our world with their high tech. So in our eyes aliens are omnipotent ,and we regard them as God in result.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join