It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU leaders endorse reform treaty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

EU leaders endorse reform treaty

news.yahoo.com

LISBON, Portugal - European Union leaders endorsed a reform treaty Friday to replace their failed European constitution and give the 27-nation union a more influential say in world affairs, diplomats said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm. Wow, the snippet I put up there says a lot of it, but, the story is interesting. New, smaller makeup to the governing process.

Kinda like EU 2.0

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I wanted to add this snippet too.

news.yahoo.com

While it lacks the constitution's most contentious elements — such as EU flag and anthem — it will give its foreign and security affairs chief a seat on the EU executive Commission with control over the EU's multibillion dollar aid budget and its extensive network of diplomats and civil servants.

In my opinion, that gives one lucky guy a lot of money and responsibility. Maybe too much candy if the man were a sweettooth...so to speak.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Let us see if the person they put in control of the EU can be traced back to all of those evil corporations and illuminati people that every other world leader has been linked to. I am betting that this will be the case and it`s just another reason why I am glad this will all be over in five years.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I would hope that it doesn't turn out like Kofi Annan's son when he took a very responsable position and used it to make and manipulate monies that were not his own....for profit. When Billions and Trillions are involved, a couple of million are easy to manipulate. I'd love to keep an eye on that new guy!

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scalamander
Let us see if the person they put in control of the EU can be traced back to all of those evil corporations and illuminati people that every other world leader has been linked to. I am betting that this will be the case and it`s just another reason why I am glad this will all be over in five years.

Well, there's a lot of talk and speculation (Financial Times, Daily Mail) about a plan being touted (actively by Sarkozy apparently) to make Tony Blair the first EU president.

I think that answers your question and concern.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by danx
...about a plan being touted (actively by Sarkozy apparently) to make Tony Blair the first EU president.

Can you just imagine?! 'They' just keep forcing these people down are throats even when most people can't stand them. It's laughable.

We are nothing but cattle, and we'll accept it, like it or not.

Peace

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Yeah, and if Hillary is elected (heaven forbid!) that means our country has been run by the same two families for the last twenty years and counting. Don't tell me to imagine it! We've been living it, am I right? It's truely getting old.

Thanks for da post!

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So, no members of European residence popping in to comment? I'd really like to hear more from the non-Americans on this issue. Please, chime in!

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Don't really know how to comment. On the sweet tooth stuff, the EU is well corrupt, so the treaty changes nothing there. I don't know, the main issue is officially to make it governable for 27 and potentially more nation states. What I worry about is that although Britain like any other country has a veto on Foreign Policy, what happens when that goes wrong. You can't just have one nation pulling out and the new policy all collapses, so does that mean we are holding our foreign policy hostage to fortune? I really don't know what the mechanism is to stop this potential flaw, and it is the sticking us on foreign policy lines that worries me most.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by redled]

new topics

top topics

join