It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel-winning biologist apologizes for remarks about blacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Nobel-winning biologist apologizes for remarks about blacks

edition.cnn.com

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Nobel laureate biologist Jim Watson apologized "unreservedly" Thursday for stating that black people were not as intelligent as whites, saying he was "mortified" by the comments attributed to him.
"I cannot understand how I could have said what I am quoted as having said," Watson said during an appearance at the Royal Society in London.

"I can certainly understand why people, reading those words, have reacted in the ways that they have."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.daylife.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
FINALLY it's been cleared up. Mr. Watson was NOT saying Black people are inferior, but that there in no scientific bases for that theory. Here's some interesting facts:

# Jim Watson told a newspaper he was "gloomy about the prospect of Africa"
# Watson won the Nobel prize in 1962
# He has made controversial remarks in the past

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Here's the link to the original newspaper article: Nobel winner in 'racist' claim row

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Poor guy, this is just another example of Public opinion and outcry being stronger then Free speach.

A bunch of screaming idiots ( and i mean that) manipulated what he said for thier own gain.

Fear the PC Police.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I totally agree: if it's true, it's true. Deal with it people. The guy wouldn't have said it if it weren't true, it's not the dark ages any more; but I guess we have to remember that no less then 40 years ago people were saying that black people are inferior (not true!) and claiming they had scientific proof.

new topics

top topics

join