It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin calls on U.S. to set pullout date in Iraq - Iran In Putins Ear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Putin calls on U.S. to set pullout date in Iraq

edition.cnn.com

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday called on the United States to set a date for withdrawal from Iraq, saying the U.S. military campaign had become a "pointless" battle against the Iraqi people.

Putin used a live Russian TV and radio broadcast to criticize U.S. policy in Iraq, which he said was aimed in part at seizing oil reserves.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-10-2007 by SmokeyJo]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Putin has some good points, but the timing is very strange.

Just after he returns for Iran.. I wonder if the Iranians got in his ear.

Once the US forces leave is it possible that they have plans for a Iranian invasion backed by Moscow?

edition.cnn.com

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyJo

Putin has some good points, but the timing is very strange.

Just after he returns for Iran.. I wonder if the Iranians got in his ear.

Once the US forces leave is it possible that they have plans for a Iranian invasion backed by Moscow?

edition.cnn.com

I don't know about an Iranian invasion backed by Moscow, but, like John Candy in "Planes, trains and automobiles", I'll be willing to bet six bucks and my left testicle they'll be trying to fill the power void if the US just up and leaves.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Perhaps there was an energy-investment deal struck between the two nations during Putin's visit?

Iran is known to have a technologically underfunded oil and refinery infrastructure resulting in their need to import a large percentage of their demands, so it would make sense for Russia to consolidate their energy-expansion beyond the current limited assistance in Iran's nuclear ambitions

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Russia is "just" now starting to get thier act together economically again so i doubt they would want to risk the progress they have recently made by engaging in military endeavors that would be costly. They are best served by sitting tight for now.

new topics

top topics

join