Miami Police Indiscriminately Mace College Students for No Reason

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Miami Police Indiscriminately Mace College Students for No Reason

break.com

In this [video] clip you see the dude simply holding a video camera get maced and then you hear the other cop hit him in the leg.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/18/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
W-T-F?!

Here we go again. There is no shortage of videos of police of abusing their power. From tazers to mace and everything in between. Is it a police state yet?

SEE VIDEO AT LINK BELOW;
break.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/18/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This strikes me as a fake.

The dude holding the camera hardly even makes a noise when he gets sprayed in the face and is able to aim his camera rather well for someone who can't see.

Seriously, when you get hit by pepper spray it's not "oh... ouch... that hurts"... it's "HOLY MUTHA $&@*ING &#*$ THAT &#*$ING HURTS!!!".

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

Well, when you're using a camera you usually have one eye closed. And the other eye is protected by the eye piece. Granted, you'll still get it in your nostrils and some of it will run down your face and inevitably get into your eyes, but i think his eyes probably only got a small dose.

If you notice the girl at the end that gets maced, she drops to the ground crying. She doesnt get up till the cop comes back up to her and starts threatening her. And she is swearing up a storm as she backs away a few feet then stops again because she cant see.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Still strikes me as fake.

Yes, she drops to the ground, but she hardly makes a noise when she gets hit. I've heard a chick catch pepperspray and the word "noisy" doesn't even start to cover it.

The Dude holding the camera is saying "I can't see. I can't see" yet he's lining up his camera shots really well... with hardly a wobble. He says he got hit while the cops were walking past, but again... no cry of pain.

There's other issues too.
Why are these cops wandering around with gasmasks on? Nobody found that a little odd? The gestures the cop is making at the end are just friggin strange. Don't look like he knows how to be threatening, but he's trying for the sake of the camera.

Finally, in this day and age, what cop would be stupid enough to pull this kind of thing right in front of a camera without even making an attempt to seize it? If these are corrupt/abusive cops, I would think they wouldn't mind a little destruction of personal property by smashing that camera.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

I did not see one individual in the clip that could be clearly identified as a police officer so I say it is a fake.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Gotta agree. This reminds me of PETA, or Greenpeace, don't remember who, that staged the bogus seal hunt videos to turn people off. Staged for effect imo.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I had to watch this a few times to really see what was going on, but there are a few things that bother me about this video.

#1. We have NO IDEA what the situation was that caused the police to respond to this area.

#2. Judging by the fact these police were wearing a mask of some type, I would assume it was "potentially" a dangerous situation.

#3. When the camera first turns on you see two officers calmly walking towards the camera. Then you hear "Go home" and immediately the camera man gets sprayed. Before you spray someone they should have a chance to comply. This camera operator does not get that chance. By answering question #1 it could shed some light on why these officers acted as they did, still a person should be given the chance to comply.

#4. There was no reason to hit the camera operator PERIOD. This is assault. He was told to "go home", immediately sprayed before being given a chance to comply, then immediately hit with a club. Even if you can justify the spraying, there was no need for that type of force. The camera operator was not a physical threat of any kind.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Looks like a pretty cold night in Miami with all those winter coats people are wearing.

A quick google of this finds only other sites with the same video -no news stories.

When would now be a good time to edit the title of this thread that indiscriminately slanders the Miami police?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

It is very common if someone inhales the pepper spray to be unable to scream or talk for a minute or two.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Its not a fake. Until you have been maced your not really quailifed to describe the feeling. Different people do react differntly to the substance. Differnt response times differnt levels of pain depending on the individual.

In motreal just a few nights ago another person died by tazering. On youtube and livevideo ect ect you can find HUNDREDS of videos of police burtality/ abuse of authority. Just type in police burtality.

We live in a growing facist police state and things are getting worse everyday. You may not of felt the cold sting of tyranny yet or the sharp vapors of mace. Trust though.... you will all to soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by section8citizen

You are assuming they are officers as claimed yet I am sure you have no proof they were in fact officers do you?

I coulld well be wrong but from what I saw, I think it might have been gang related where one side claims the others are cops when in fact they are not. Just the mask on the faces is enough to question who the individuals are.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shots

Again, I have to agree. Google "riot police". You can tell the cops from some indesrciminant person. And the sprayer is pretty generic. Read that, unidentifiable.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
where in Miami did this happen and when? I haven't heard a single thing about anything like this recently and honestly that area doesn't look like any place I know of in Miami.

Also Miami Dade and Fort Lauderdale police jackets are obviously marked identifying them as such... I see no such identification on that "supposed cop".

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
It is very common if someone inhales the pepper spray to be unable to scream or talk for a minute or two.

In which case they will be choking and/or suffering a major coughing fit.
Neither of these "victims" do either.

Originally posted by titorite
Its not a fake. Until you have been maced your not really quailifed to describe the feeling.

I have caught doses of civilian strength pepperspray (self inflicted), police grade pepperspray (APEC protests), and even a whiff of teargas (wrong place, wrong time).

I in fact do know something of the effects, both on myself and the people around me during each of these events.

I'm not saying that abuses don't happen... I've seen it personally during protests.
I'm saying this video looks like a fake.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I personally know what it is like to be sprayed with police-grade pepper spray, only too well. I used to carry it on my person, and before I carried it, I had it sprayed in my own face. Why? Because I found it important to realize the effect of what I would do to another person. What did I learn?

You don't act like what was shown in that video.

But what angers me more than anything else, is if this is a fake. Stuff like this is going to destroy any credibility of those that are really getting sprayed for stupid reasons.

I don't know, this is a lot of people to play it as a fake, though that is the finality of what I have to believe from what I see.

What else is sad is that I am forced at this point by what I have seen to even give the possibility in the first place that police would do this.

[edit on 10/18/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What specifically is fake?

I don't see any breaks or cuts. It clearly seems to be police doing it. Even if it wasn't pepper spray, should they have sprayed anything?

Or are you saying these are impostors? Actors dressed as cops?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Or are you saying these are impostors? Actors dressed as cops?

Personally, since these uniforms are "nondescript" to say the very least, that is exactly what I'm saying. At this point, at least, until I see better proof than this.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I repeat:

Miami Dade and Fort Lauderdale police jackets are obviously marked identifying them as such... I see no such identification on that "supposed cop".

Also what stands out in this video is the lack of police cars. I can't tell you that I have ever seen a single officer or single cop car respond to any sort of incident. There are usually at least two to three individual units involved in things as commonplace like a traffic stop.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is not fake macing but those are not cops. Pause it at 3 seconds and you will see a midget with no police jacket on. He is actually in civilian clothing, and the mace they are using differs from which the cops use.
I am guessing this could be a big ruckus party, and these guys were up to no good. There are no cruisers, if these were cops you would see cop cars around with flashy lights, if you in the video there are none.
This video was probably shot to destroy what little credibility police have. All due honesty, these guys are very stupid for doing this.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join