It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you say that we were being prepared for a biochemical attack?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It is my opinion that through the mass media and those in "power" we are being prepared for a bio-chemical attack.

I do believe that sooner or later (and I think sooner) this will become reality in the USA/Europe.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
It is my opinion that through the mass media and those in "power" we are being prepared for a bio-chemical attack.

I do believe that sooner or later (and I think sooner) this will become reality in the USA/Europe.

are we ready?

# NO!

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Incredibly insightful. Thank you for your thoughts.

Out of curiousity, would you like to provide any background information that you are basing your opinion on. YOu have to understand that it is far too easy to create posts like yours.

The problem is they do very little to foster intelligent conversation because they are based on.....nothing to speak of.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash

Hmm, could you elaborate a little more? I for one try not to read or watch too much mass media. Call it deliberate ignorance. Sometimes I just don't want to know. Sometimes there is just so much information that you can't keep it all straight.

So that brings me to my question. How are we being prepared for a bio-chemical attack? I have not gotten any instruction on chemical suits or gas masks.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Wow, such hostility, I didn't appreciate that - the atmposphere in this thread so far is not what I am used to from ATS.

I ask because I think there are many intelligent and more learned people here than I, and I thought throwing out this subject may provoke discussion on the subject.

As for my reasons for posting, In the past 2 years since 9/11 - There have been several television documentaries and dramatisations (in the UK) centered around biochemical attacks, and the news is often littered with reports regarding the alledged "45 min attack" from Iraq, and the repercussions of that insinuation.

I know there is a television program on shortly (within a week or two) here in the UK where a panel discuss the implications of such an attack, and how they would run the country in the event of it becoming a reality and they were in charge.

Add all this to the Anthrax / SARS duality since 9/11, and I would say it is very much within the public domain that we are being aclimatised for such an event.

Sorry I couldn't provide more detailed research or evidence, that was not my intention, it was only to discuss.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
How so? I don't see any signs of preparing for any kind of an attack. We all know it's coming, but we've done nothing except imply that our airports are safer, and now we have this nifty color code system. We're still practically oblivious to what could happen, and maybe that's a good thing. There sure isn't any way we can guess what their next method of attack will be, or where. I'm sure the next one won't be as much of a surprise, but the location and/or tactics may be.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think you are probably correct. As you said the SARS outbreak was awfully convenient coming on the heels of Anthrax in the mail and the "drill" in london. It does seem more to be a response practice than a public safety mission. If you look into the FEMA protocols and the powers that they gain in such an emergency it's really scary. Especially now with the patriot act in place.
God forbid a major city were hit with a small pox attack. They would lock it down in a heartbeat and most likely the rest of the country would fall under marshall law.
The cheesy movie Escape From New York comes to mind

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think they are trying to work everyone into and anything frenzy. Anything they can do to get the people to lose it. That way, they have an excuse to take away more liberties.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It's possible that that sort of attack could happen. It would cause pandemonium and would trigger martial law, at least within that quadrant.

After going through the Gulf war, I can tell you, as a civilian, it'd be pretty Dang hard to prepare for such a thing. During Desert Storm we carried our gas masks and suits with us 24/7 and it was still frantic when Scuds would come in. You have barely seconds to get your gear on before you become exposed. The only way you're gonna be protected out here is if you carry a gas mask with you all the time. And I don't mean leaving it in the car. I mean ON YOU. Even then, its effectiveness is still in question. (Got good filters? Mask maintained properly? etc.) Then there's atropine, the shots to kick in your heart after exposure - I would imagine to posess the antidote would be illegal. Nice, huh? (but then again, it's highly dangerous.)

That sort of attack would be a wicked thing and those who mean to do us harm capitalize on that knowledge. All we can do is be as alert as we can and prepare for the worst to the best of our ability.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
I think they are trying to work everyone into and anything frenzy. Anything they can do to get the people to lose it. That way, they have an excuse to take away more liberties.

That quite what I meant.

If one believes that the people behind the attacks are (at the highest levels) the same people who are in power and supposed to "protect" us from such things, then I presume that such an attack would have a similar purpose as 9/11, to create mass fear and impose new laws that "protect us" (i.e. take away or restrict certain freedoms).

Problem-reaction-solution as Ol' David Icke says.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
PROBLEM - REACTION - SOLUTION!

people need to understand this concept. Those puppet masters are the one's who have the most to gain from our suffering!

They will stop at nothing to gain ultimate power. They will destroy our civil liberties - ONLY IF WE LET THEM!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i think we're way beyond "if we let them". there's really no turning back now...it's all a show designed to prepare the masses for the total consolidation of power and looting of our civil rights...to protect us from communism, fascism, terrorism or whatever the latest ism of the day is. it's a campaign of fear and it's worked rather well for the last 75 years or so...doesn't matter if it's a dem or rep, the will of the 1% of the richest people in this world will be served. we are the sheep, not only because we follow but because we make them fat and clothe them in excess and they let us have just enough to ensure we keep producing.

bahhh bahhh mu'fukers

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
We still have a constitution. And that constitution says that we have the right to EVEN overthrow our current government if WE THE PEOPLE so choose. If the majority of people were truly informed and fired up, we could certainly throw out those would-be tyrants within our government. The key is for the people to be sufficiently informed and WILLING to do whatever it took to make positive change. Cowering at the feet of Caligula will surely be our end.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sure you could over throw Bush, but why? Is there someone better to replace him? The replacement will be a person of similar nature and status who will carry out the desire of the day for the elite.

Don't fool yourself, the masses have zero control...even if informed or willing, the power distribution is to distorted for the masses to have any effect.

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by Lukefj]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
Sure you could over throw Bush, but why? Is there someone better to replace him? The replacement will be a person of similar nature and status who will carry out the desire of the day for the elite.

Don't fool yourself, the masses have zero control...even if informed or willing, the power distribution is to distorted for the masses to have any effect.

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by Lukefj]

Ok. So, what do you suppose we should do? Just roll over and take it?

That's exactly the attitude they depend on.

To succumb to that attitude is the same as saying, a rapist is going to break into my house and there's nothing I can do about it. So, I'll just lay here naked with my legs spread wide open and wait for it to come.

I say hell no, I'm not gonna accept that. To accept that there's nothing we can do is UNAMERICAN. There is nothing Americans cannot do when we join together and put our bodies and minds to the task!

At this very moment in time, we have the power to change things. There are far more of us then there are of them. But it takes a concerted effort. The only thing I'll grant you, is that Americans in this day and age seem to be allergic to effort. It's time to snap out of it and save what greatness remains!

I believe in the power and strength of America's better nature and resolve to do what is right!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
www.devvy.com... - please take 30 minutes out of your day and read that. it's sad to say but with executive orders and international treaties it's pretty easy to get around the constitution nowadays.

i admire your never give up attitude but i believe you're wasting your time now, there really isn't anything we can do. i'm not unpatriotic or a quitter, just a realist.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I hope any attack on the UK isn't this year as the equipment and training promised for the emergency services is nowhere near finished .

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Oldest trick in the book. They've been using it for ages.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by enomus
www.devvy.com... - please take 30 minutes out of your day and read that. it's sad to say but with executive orders and international treaties it's pretty easy to get around the constitution nowadays.

i admire your never give up attitude but i believe you're wasting your time now, there really isn't anything we can do. i'm not unpatriotic or a quitter, just a realist.

I do share your sense of forboding, don't get me wrong. I'm not stupid. But I will NEVER GIVE UP AND I WILL NEVER GIVE IN! Those evil basTURDS are gonna have to fight like hell to take this country away from those of us willing to fight to the death.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
it doesn't matter what our constitution says anymore because the govt has brainwashed the american people to be in fear of everything.. they, as a whole, have become vulnerable.. to terrorism, diseases, their next door neighbors.. i doubt this has been unplanned..when you get the majority to be filled with fear and become vulnerable, they lose their strength in speaking up and fighting back.. so, even though there are those of us that know our rights, it has become a task to try and keep them... and to try and wake up the others who have forgotten that they actually do have the power to elect their govt instead of just handing power over to them with no questions asked...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join