It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All children need to be medicated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Judging by todays Dr's appointment, all kids need to be medicated apparently. They are put into two catigories.....if they run the fastest at PE they are hyperactive and need riddlin, if they dont they are asthmatic and need two inhalers for school and home.

I took my oldest son to the Dr. today for a yearly check up. I really couldnt tell you when he had his last one, more likely a few years ago. WOW has a lot changed!!! I was so stunned, I was almost speachless. Ok, my oldest son is 10 going on 11. All questions were asked to my son, and I was exclueded except for when she gave me "tha look" and asked "were you aware of this" and "has this always been a problem". First she asked how his grades were. I said eh they could be better, he would rather be out playing than studying, but we are working on it. At that moment I became excluded from the conversation except when I butted in, which raked across her nerves. She began on a list of questions to see if he needed to be on riddlin. Trick questions mind you, she was goading him into answers!!!
ug then when I finaly stomped that out, she started asking questions about PE class. Again goading him into answers
Now, apparently since my 10 year old son said that sometimes when he runs real fast he will get a stitch in his side, or cough, and since he is not always the best at all the activities, he is asthmatic. Never mind he can skate for 4 hours straight, ride his bike and skateboard all weekend, and never have a problem. BUT when he is pushed to his limits in PE class, he shows signs of fatigue. SO, he has now been officially labeled an asthmatic :bnghd:
When I tried to tell her that he has never shown problems before, DO YOU KNOW WHAT I WAS TOLD???? humm????

"your not there, so you dont know"

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH:bnghd:
:bnghd:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Holy Flaming BS...Get a naturopathic doctor.I never go to an allopathic , they make money off of sick people , as do the drug companies.
I say never go back!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Too funny, that is exactly what I said I was going to do when I left the Dr.'s office.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Stick to your guns about it.
Anti- against
Biotic-life
No good will ever come from that.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
so, how do I find one of these anyhoo? A good one, as opposed to a scarey witch dr. I really dont want to go from extreme to extreme, I just want to find a good Dr. instead of a scarecrow from wizard of oz with a stethascope. (sorry that was rude of me)

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I don't know where you live, but here in Canada they are somewhat regulated.
You will have to do a search in your area under Naturopathic Doctors.
Homeopathic doctors will give out medicinal herbs and tinctures if necessary.
But a naturopathic is what you want.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have no faith in doctors what so ever. Actually my kids doctor was alright, he has never tried to push my daughter onto any of that and never asked any trick questions and all that. So that was all fine and dandy, however good and understanding doctors like that I have found are rare.

I have had one nightmare with doctors after another. the worse one was this doctor who obviously had not practiced for very long and had no idea what he was doing. My son was 2 months old and was losing weight...not normal for a newborn. I took him to the doctor who said it was probably an intolerance to formula and suggested a change and said he'd see me again in a week for a follow up. My son still tossed up everything he ate and when I brought him back, this doctor had NO idea what was going on so he called in his supervisor and she said "This baby needs to get to the hospital right away".

Then there was one mistake after another at the hospital. They did all these tests and still could not figure out what was wrong...so of course they said it must be something that I was doing wrong at home. They then found an easy way out of the problem by prescribing him this special formula that is $25 a can that is predigested.

When he was a year old and got off of formula, he started having the exact same symptoms. By this time he was on his fathers insurance and his father took him to a different clinic and found out that he had a parasite called giardia. Giardia can lay dormant in a persons system for a long time and since he was on predigested formula, he didnt have the symptoms of the parasite. They never did a giardia test on him when he was in the hospital.

So I had to go through a lot of BS not to mention a nice visit from Child protection because THEY messed up!

Needless to say I only go to the doctor or bring my kids if I really really have to.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ah, I thought I wanted a homeopathic. What is the difference?

Im here in the midwest (usa). I think I will do some checking on the web and see what I can find.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I must say though, it does make me nervous. Part of me wonders if I will be turned into dfs and have my kids taken away for neglective reasons or child endangerment if I do this. BUT i guess you never realize how little wiggle room you have in a free country until you actually try to wiggle.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Natureopathy is a load of horse crap. There is no basis for what they do. You might as well go on an Native American Vision Quest or some wiccan potions.

Natureopathy makes as much sense as Rastafarian or Vodoo mumbo jumbo. Anybody foolish enought to waste time and energy on their crap is deluded.

If you think this Doctor is not making a proper diagnosis then you should seek a second opinion. Medical diagnosis is not like reading the time. Doctors cant always be able to give you the right diagnosis. And since this person was checking to see if your kid had ADHD or the like you should most likely take him to a trained child psychologist to find out for sure. Psychological diagnosis is even tougher than medical diagnosis because there are no scans and blood tests to accurately judge ones mental state.

A reputed, experienced and highly qualified child psychologist would be your best bet in finding out the truth. Doing so could save your child a lot of hassle and also help you help your kid deal in school and life.

Allopathy is about facts and science. It works because there is reason to what they do. There is no quackery, no mumbo jumbo crap. They might not always be right or be kind but they have the knowledge based on verifiable facts and science. There is a better chance they are right than they are wrong compared to naturopathy and that other junk.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Child protective services will only step in if they feel your child is neglected.
Of course in an emergency, go to the hospital. My suggestion is for long term health management, so that your child does not get sick, or less than the average.
I, like snowflake_obsidian, had nothing but BS from doctors, over my parents health, my kids health, and my own.
I had a doctor diagnose me with cancer.Devastating.Especially because after I got a second opinion , and had my tests sent to a different clinic, he was wrong.That was 14 years ago.Still no signs of cancer. He tried to railroad me into invasive exploratory surgery,and treatment.For nothing.

I won't elaborate more, but I do not trust doctors.Period.
Good luck to you.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

omg AD
i cant believe a doctor told you, you had cancer.
what a nightmare.
i am very glad to hear it was false, but DAMN

mrsdudara
stay away from the Child protective services, they are the same in the UK but a different name, most of the UK ones dont even have children
totally useless and stupid with it.

change your doctor if you can or go see your doctor yourself and tell them what you think and why.

as AD said, dont trust...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenfeet

Thanks chickenfeet.That was just one incident in my life...many more that I won't post.
But for the last 10 years I have studied Naturopathic remedies for things, and they work.Iam no doctor,and will not give medical advice, only suggestions if people are willing to listen.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Thanks chickenfeet.That was just one incident in my life...many more that I won't post.
But for the last 10 years I have studied Naturopathic remedies for things, and they work.Iam no doctor,and will not give medical advice, only suggestions if people are willing to listen.

i will look into that over the weekend
but yes
i know what you are saying about the NORMAL doctors..
any remedies for osteoarthritis, if that is how you spell it:bash:

i still cant believe that..........

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

OMG, what a nightmare!!! I had issues with my son with spitting up and they bullied me into running a whole line of tests with that whole "if you dont do the tests I will tell your insurance company and you will be responsible for the whole bill" crap. That was back when I was 19 though, Im not young and dumb anymore. Switched to Dr. after Dr. and finaly found some that I liked this is a new Dr. at this new office. I will not go back to her. That is nothing compaired to your story though. How did you not go balistic on them?

AD, you seriously were diagnosed with cancer incorectly???? That is insane, I cant imagine the emotional toll that took on you. That Dr. should have his liscense burned.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You are correct..that Doctor is now running a center for skin and vein laser surgery.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Yep I got some..I'll put together some info and send it via u2u tomorrow, OK?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Any remedies for asthma?

I am not sure I would trust that Dr. with a laser, but better that than his previous profession. If you are responsible for making sure he took up a new profession, then bravo.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I wish I could take the credit for that...alas, not.
As for asthma...I don't believe your child has it.Sounds perfectly normal to me.But I'll do the same for you if you wish.OK?
Just remember Iam not a doctor, i just have read and researched a lot.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Doctors cant always be able to give you the right diagnosis.

Then I can't always be able to take their bull# and give them the right amount of money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join