It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 7

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have been a subscriber to playboy magazine for men for the past three years. An interview in my new November 2007 issue peaked my interest. It mentions a secretive organized crime group called The 7.

The really intriguing part is that I am unable to find much of anything on this group. A quick google search turned up nothing but a wikipedia entry on a game that is being developed whose story involves The 7 and Kane (the convicted criminal interviewed in playboy). I also searched AboveTopSecret and found nothing -- but maybe I didn't look hard enough.

The playboy interview was conducted by a a Peter Stack. The playboy interview I am referring to in addition to other details about The 7 are available on his website: www.peterstack7.com

Inerestingly enough Peter links to ATS from his website -- which makes it all the more suprising that I haven't been able to find anything about The 7 here.

According to Peter in his playboy interview The 7 are rumoured to be "an international criminal organization that is believed to have stolen more than $14 billion in the past 20 years, leaving hundreds dead in the process."

My questions are as follows:

1. Is there already a thread on ATS discussing The 7? If so, where can I find it? If not, perhaps this thread could serve as a place for us to discuss The 7.

2. Do any of our members have any knowledge or additional information they can share with us about The 7?

3. Are there any established 'conspiracy theories' out there surrounding this elusive group. If so, please share or link to them here.

EDIT: I just turned up a thread on this topic here at ATS. www.abovetopsecret.com... It appears to have died on the comment that this is just an advert for a game. I don't think so. According to the playboy article the game is loosely based on this guy and his life.

Here is Kane on the movie/game being made about him:

"Look, he says i'll be dead and my family won't get a dime"

Additional questions generated from the other thread:

1. Who is Peter Stack and how credible is he as a journalist.

2. Is Peter Stack a member here at ATS? If yes, could he make himself available to answer questions?

Thanks,

Zoop

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Wow, over one hundered views and zero replies. Did I post this in the wrong forum section or something?

Does anyone on ATS care to discuss this extremely secretive group Peter Stack speculates must be funded by someone -- perhaps a government, perhaps the illuminati -- who knows?

Or is this just a boring, dead end topic? I find it curious that I can turn up next to nothing on this group aside from what Peter Stack has written. Before the playboy interview I had never even heard of this group.

It seemed like a topic ATSers would be apt to discuss -- and one that could possibly be related to other topics currently being explored here.

Maybe I was mistaken.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
At first glance I suspect it is a clever PR/Media blitz for the aforementioned game. I will keep looking though.

I think it is what they call "Viral Marketing" The only reference I can find to Peter Stack and the Times of London is on Peters own website.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by RWPBR]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I believe this should clear all of this up:

"Well it's a well know fact, sonny Jim, that there's a group of the five wealthiest people in the world known as the pentaverate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers. And meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion known as, the Meadows.

So who's in this pentaverate?

The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettes, The Rothchilds and Col. Sanders before he went tets up.

Oh, I hated the Col. with his wee beady eyes, and that smug look on his face, Oh your gonna buy my chicken.

Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave for it nightly, smartass!"

--The mother and father in " So I Married and Axe Murderer"

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've seen The Nine Unknown Men, and The 7 Society, but had not heard of the one you mention.

The first one is sort of an occult group and the second seems to be involved in charity work, but its purpose and function is unknown, afaik.

The Wiki entry on the Nine is quite interesting.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
At first glance I suspect it is a clever PR/Media blitz for the aforementioned game. I will keep looking though.
[edit on 19-10-2007 by RWPBR]

Interesting -- so I guess playboy was either duped as well or is in on the viral marketing campaign? The shot of the tattoo on the gunmans wrist does look like a rendered shot to me. However, why would playboy present this interview as authentic?

Maybe I'll contact one Playboy's editors with my inqueries.

Thanks...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It's viral marketing for a game called "kane and lynch". Pretty stupid considering it's already being advertised everywhere. Doesn't make sense to blatantly fool people like that.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rationalgaze
It's viral marketing for a game called "kane and lynch". Pretty stupid considering it's already being advertised everywhere. Doesn't make sense to blatantly fool people like that.

I agree, and if this really is just a viral marketing campaign (which it appears to be) I have a serious bone to pick with Playboy for not including a disclaimer. The interview was presented as authentic with no disclaimer (that I saw). I am going to double check the article when I get home with a more discriminating eye.

I'll keep this thread update with any information I can uncover.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I looked at the site and examined the .jpgs of the 'alleged' Playboy article.

The figure shown in the three panel shot is definitely rendered. It's not a real person. Look at the hand - it's not a human hand, but a digital rendering similar but not as good as the Final Fantasy movie.

The blown up insert also has a digitally rendered hand and not a real hand.

So I agree. If this was ever in Playboy, I'd be surprised. At a page and a half, it's not the length of the usual piece they put in that section either.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
I looked at the site and examined the .jpgs of the 'alleged' Playboy article.

The figure shown in the three panel shot is definitely rendered. It's not a real person. Look at the hand - it's not a human hand, but a digital rendering similar but not as good as the Final Fantasy movie.

The blown up insert also has a digitally rendered hand and not a real hand.

So I agree. If this was ever in Playboy, I'd be surprised. At a page and a half, it's not the length of the usual piece they put in that section either.

After giving it a closer look I definatly agree on the rendering in the pics. I guess I just wasn't paying attention at first. Anyway, this interview really did run in playboy (I guess as an advertisement) but it is formatted exactly the same as the real playboy interviews. I own the copy this was published in and was clearly fooled. oh well.. I still think Playboy may owe me an explanation for not including any type of a disclaimer (that I have been able to find).

They've lost my trust/faith as a consumer that I can count on their content to amount to anything more than bull plop... sad really, I know it's cliche but I do like reading the articles.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm looking at the interview now and posted across the top of both pages is the word, "Advertorial." I haven't a clue as to what an advertorial is but I'm guessing its a cross between an advertisement and an editorial.

The thing is, I read the article about 30 minutes ago, thought it was the real deal and got on ATS and looked up your thread.

Now that I know it's a scam, I too am disappointed in Playboy.

wupy

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The Playboy "Interview" is not an interview at all. The 'journalist' is a fake, and his 'blog' has been using a link to ATS as one of the ways to help gain credibility for their tale. It is a full page ad that is for an upcoming video game

One of the Viral Campaign's SPAM threads here at ATS. In the linked thread, much of the information regarding why this is SPAM is there.

There is potentially a group called "The 7" or some similar group where the video game designers got their idea from. But the 'interview' in question, is a mainstream viral advertisement for a mainstream video game, not an interview at all.

DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The five that run the world. COL Sanders....are we talkin the guy who owned Kentucky Fried Chicken, or the dude from Spaceballs who was surrounded by "Assholes?" Preparing to move out....moving out! Should I add Dave Thomas to the list who owned Wendy's?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I'm looking at the interview now and posted across the top of both pages is the word, "Advertorial."

If that's the case, then what they did there is not as bad as what they did here.

Often times publications run such things (You'll often see them in NY Times Magazine or Newsweek) which are intended to look like an article but are actually advertising something. The "disclaimer" is usually simply a single word in a far lighter font than the rest of the magazine.

The difference is that they pay the publication for such exposure. The advertiser in those cases does not want a single page ad that people turn past. They want the readers of the publication to read their "article" just like the others.

In our case, the "advertiser" decided to just flood our board with their stuff without asking for permission or working out a "deal" like they must have with Playboy.

I'm not an admin, so I can't comment on whether such an arrangement would be accepted or not, however, as a member for five years and a senior member of the staff, I can clearly tell you that people who attempt to take advantage of our members for their own financial gain will find themselves instantly banned.

If they're promoting something they should note that we do run adverts through various networks like Google. If they sign up with them, there's a chance, I'm sure, that their ads could wind up running here.

Trying to take advantage of the amount of members we have in an effort to push your own product is unethical and will not be tolerated.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Their interview in Playboy got me too. Well, it's not so bad of an advertorial.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
um if you knew the guys full name instead of just "kane" you could call the prison and ask them f they had "his name" in custody they dont have to tell you but they ussually will. im not so sure about the interview in playboy they said he smoked a pack of cigs while he was doing the interview and for about a year now cigs have been outlawed in all facilities. not saying the 7 doesnt exist ive heard things from people but its all just talk.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I don't know, but it seemed genuine to me. There is even a video on his site showing him getting murdered in an ATM machine by some guys in ski masks.All the same I don't really think people will go that far to advertise a mere computer game, it's too detailed the way I see it. Plus the site is not even well known,I just stumbled upon it.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Uh huh........riiiiiiiiight!

Mod Edit---One line post.--- See T&C

http://]www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread50591/pg1

[edit on 30-1-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
i think someone went to a great of trouble to wipe all information on 7 and we shouldn't give up just because we cant find peter stack.

top topics

join