It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Mabus?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Mabus then will soon die, there will come
Of people and beasts a horrible rout:
Then suddenly one will see vengeance,
Hundred, hand, thirst, hunger when the comet will run.
Century II, Quatrain 62, Nostradamus

Last night, I watched a show on the History channel about the predictions of Hitler's reign and at the end, they showed this prediction about the next Antichrist and the third world war. First off, how do we know that Nostradamus was talking about an Antichrist? He could be predicting anyone. And from our perspective of Nostradamus' prediction, he doesn't mention anything about an Antichrist. Secondly, what do you guys think the "comet's run" is? Is it a metaphor for something bad or good to happen? Finally, how do we know this prophecy hasn't already happened in the past? There are no specific dates that are mentioned in this prophecy so I am assuming that maybe it could've happened already between the time he made the prediction and now. I'd like to know some information from any Nostradamus experts here.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

Nostradamus was a quack. His predictions are commonly changed around by Nostradameans and wrong.

Ha! One liner!!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well, we can’t know what he was talking about. That’s the whole point of his predictions. They are just detailed enough to fit anything, and they are also just vague enough to fit anything. That’s why it always seems like his predictions are right and wrong at the same time. It’s no coincidence.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
nYk is right, look up a whole list of Nostradamus predictions and you can more than likely apply them to anyone.
"Mabus will soon die"

-We'll we know everyone dies, but how soon is soon? 10-20 years? 30-40? It's to vague, and Vagueness is only half the battle

Just like this Nostradamus prophecy

The young lion will overcome the older one,
On the field of combat in a single battle;
He will pierce his eyes through a golden cage,
Two wounds made one, then he dies a cruel death.

-Seems like real lions with the alpha lion being over thrown. "Single battle" is what is always needed in overthrowing the alpha usually.

So yeah, it's pretty much as vague as you can probably get. (No one respond to this >.>)

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliza è Angelo

I do agree with you in the perception of the prediction. But, this probably wasn't the best quatraine to quote. This was by far his most acurate and launched him into stardom.

It was referring to a jousting match of the King and another knight. The king was wounded in the eye through his visor slit. He didn't die from the injury, but from an infection later.

Bad example, if you ask me. Sure, you could probably fit this quatraine to other instances, but not nearly with as much accuracy as it fits this situation.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Here's a thread I started some time ago. Didn't get far with it.

In one of the quatraines I quote from it says:

"The antichrist very soon annihilates the three, twenty-seven years his war will last."

Makes me think of this "War on Terror" and the three countries we have or are trying to invade: Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

Some believe (don't be lumping me in there!) Mabus is the combination of two names. The perpetrators of WWIII

oSAMa & BUsh.

Here's a link

www.myusm.com...

Becker

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Mabus is, when you switch around Ma you read gW. bus represents Bush.
He dies shortly before the next election.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
century 2, quadrain 62, 2008

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Mabus is not the antichrist, he is like Archduke Ferdinand. Remember? He was assassinated and that started ww1. Look at what it says. Mabus will DIE, THEN the rout happens. What kind of AC comes here and dies just before he gets to "enjoy" his work?

Mabus is mahmoud abbas, the current leader of palestine. (or part of it now anyway)

He will be killed and there will be a retaliation.

Then people look up,because the comet runs.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I do not think the Anti-Christ (if there even exist such a thing) is Osama... dont you think he would have picked a slightly more powerful role than that? 9/11 was a inside job, so what have Osama really accomplished to change the world? Nothing.

I think Master Bush, as in the elder George Bush makes the most sense. He has had very powerful positions within the US and has helped make it into what it is today. He is also a firm believer in the New World Order and seems to have little care for human suffering. It could also be Bush who is currently the president, but I doubt it... he is just a puppet to the more evil people. Bush is easily convinced there is danger everywhere with his 91 IQ, and acts accordingly.

But I dont really believe in religious stuff... such as the Anti-Christ. But I do believe in prophecies, which kind of puts me in a awkward spot here.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I've read a lot of Nostradamus and i'm not sure why it is assumed that Mabus is a reference to an Antichrist. As far as I know the name Mabus is only mentioned in the one quatrain posted by the OP out of about 1000 quatrains. I think someone at some time made a guess that it might be the name of the next antichrist and for some reason everyone after this person has automically assumed the same thing. I too am not convinced Mabus is the name of an Antichrist unless someone can show me a connection or reason to believe otherwise.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If you write the word MABUS on a piece of paper then hold it to a mirror it then says SABAM..............(oh duh I thought it said Sadam backwards my bad)

Duh nevermind pay no attention to me.

Just passing through here.

(I can about GUARANTEE I won't be getting any fancy applause for THIS post)

I should go to bed and rest my sad little brain...........'sigh'

[edit on 9-11-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

Now wait a minute.......if you write the word mabus (small letters) and hold it to a mirror it DOES say Sadam when read backwards .........so I am not so brain dead afterall

[edit on 9-11-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I think the guy who was talking about the leader of Palestine makes the most sense.... but to say whether this prediction is true, I dunno. Didn't nostradamus supposedly predict 9/11? Or was that a hoax, which I have also heard?

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
mabus could be someone we dont know of yet as well. the name does sound middle eastern though. so what does come through in this quatrain is that it doesnt seem to be a prominent european leader. so we can rule that out. it is possible that The time we have left to positively decode who or what Mabus is, and how to prevent the foretold terrible destiny, may already have passed. The final line could date the beginning of his legacy of terror around the time of the appearance of Halley’s Comet (1985-86), the collision of the comet Shoemaker-Levi (1994), or the comet Hale-Bopp (1997), which appeared right at the millennium of the Jewish lunar calendar.

i dont put much stock into nostradamus personally but for the sake of discussion i thought i would add in some hypothetical possibilites

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Mabus. Mahmoud Abbas. M. Abbas. Mabus.

I can see where one might make a connection between "Mabus" and Abbas. I don't think he's the Antichrist, though. He's a politically weak leader and he barely had a handle on the situation in Palestine. Still, though, interesting connection.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Maybe mabus is Obama and when he dies the rout he is talking about is riots throughout the U.S. Could be you never know but, it could be a possible solution.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Edit: Double

[edit on 24-6-2008 by pondrthis]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647
Century II, Quatrain 62, Nostradamus

EDIT: DANGIT!!! Deleted my entry and replaced with another!!!

Why not actually BE Ferdinand?

Suddenly one: Hitler after WW2
Thirst and Hunger: Weimar republic and war costs that crippled German economy.

Comet's run: Speed and power of the Third Reich. Blitzkreig or a missle maybe. The concept is that the war ended German (Aryan, at least) suffering until the Allies split the Fatherland into the DDR (Deutsche Democratische Republik, not dance-dance...) and the BRD (Bundesrepublik Deutschland).

[edit on 24-6-2008 by pondrthis]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I think that saddam might of been the anti christ because after he was defeated all those arabs were pissed off at bush for going into iraq for no reason even though iraq is goin to be better off now then ever before i think that the arab ppl seen us as the aggressors which is wat started the war on terror which is obviously a code name for ww3 the only reason why its called the war on terror is becuz bush was wrried about an even bigger war starting over heritage and what not.....but eh look at it this way we found out that our leaders learned a little bit from the 2 previous world wars haha......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join