It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran hangs 12 for rape and murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Iran hangs 12 for rape and murder

news.bbc.co.uk

Iran has hanged 12 people, including one woman, reports say, as the government steps up its execution rate.

Nine people, including a woman, were executed in a mass hanging at Tehran's Evin Prison for murder. Three men were hanged for rape in the city of Shira.

Amnesty International has protested against the rising number of executions in Iran. Last month, it said Iran had already executed 210 this year, compared with 177 in 2006.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is a tragic day.

Death penatly is never the answer, you do not solve anything by it. You become apart of the problem. I, and others, worry about the increase of numbers being executed by Iran.

I like to note I am proud of the European Unions increasing as the international leader of banning the death penalty across the planet.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I agree that the death penalty is sick,and I am glad we do not endorse it here in the UK.
The way they do it in Iran is particularly disturbing-the big crowds of onlookers,the tall crane used as the jibbet,the mass hangings.
Its a bad situation,but not one that I would feel comfortable using to drum up anti Iranian feeling as some of our allies still use pretty atrocious forms of death penalty.

(I wasn't saying that was what you were trying to do BTW infinite.)

Apart from the fact that I do not believe anyone has the right to kill another Human-I think life in prison is a worse punishment than death in many cases.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Isn't rape and murder serious crimes? In you're honest opinion, arn't they a couple of the worst crimes known to man? They sure are IMO.

So what is better> Locking people who murder and rape in jail for the same amount of time that one can be locked in jail for transporting large amounts of drugs, or just giving them suckers what they deserve... death! I'm sorry but this is one thing that I can not disagree with. I think these sickos that rape and murder deserve to die.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Of course they are very serious crimes-but death takes only a second,who knows what happens after that.
Life in prison on the other hand could be very hard to bear.
The worst part about using proper life sentences if how much it costs the tax payer.I would sort that out by forcing the prisoners to work hard,to pay for their own incarceration.
No work-no food.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
When people do very serious crimes, i think the death penalty should be enforced... however, if they start trying to use teh death penalty for J-Walking... then we might have a problem...

top topics

join