It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin for title, saturday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
franklin wants his belt back but he is not going to get it.
i like rich franklin a lot but silva is gonna work him pretty good.

if they clinch, franklin better get to a knee or he is gonna eat one.

vera and sylvia are going at it too.
vera for the win

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I agree on Franklin-Silva. Rich says he's changed his gameplan but I think we're going to see basically the same thing. He can not battle it out in clinch/tieup range with the Spider.

If he's smart he'll note that a severely dehydrated and weakened Travis Lutter almost got the win v Silva on the ground, but ended up triangled and elbowed and tapped out.

Rich has a little better chance if he can take Silva down and establish top control, but I can't see him doing this - it's not his game.

If Tim Sylvia has slowed down some, I think it's possible for a much smaller Vera to snipe at him and wear him down for several rounds. But if Vera gets caught, he's in for a rough night. He can not afford to get into a straight up slugfest (which he won't) nor a G&P on the bottom.

If I were betting, I'd have to pick Anderson "Spider" Silva and Tim Sylvia for the win, though my favs are Rich and Brandon Vera.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i think this fight is going to be pretty much like the first, maybe a little bit longer.

i want vera to win and think he can..i am just not a fan of big tim. don't like him or his style.

btw, fedor is supposed to announce the mystery billionare owner of m-1 on monday. he's in new york right now.

new topics

join