It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am inside a Tornado

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
My spirit is with you, glad to know you made it through the night of terror.

You know... it really wasn't all that bad...

The only hectic moment was when my wife first noticed the storm. I had to get our plywood flap over the back door and wind had picked up to around 50 mph. That was pretty intense... Other than that though... It was all really interesting to watch. Nobody I know of was seriously hurt.

Several pecan trees have come down across downtown. My fingers are stained brown and my fingernails yellow from harvest.

I walked home from the last fallen pecan, which we cleaned up a few blocks away. My wife and I looked at each other as we toted a combined 80 lbs of pecans in canvas totes back home...

We turn the corner back to the house and the Red Cross MRE distribution vehicle passes us as it leaves our street.

Apparently, we missed out on the free eats.

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ok... so I have a dirty rumor to share.

At the house that collapsed on B Street... there was a body, dark skin, male, adult, stuck in the building and unmoving. Only the torso and shoulder were visible amongst the rubble. ...and I do mean rubble... half of the house was across the street and strewn around tornado style.

The police taped the area off and treated it like a death scene. For 1 hour 30 minutes... the public looked over a yellow tape, pointed and said, "that's a dead man there" etc. No one attended to the man. The police busied themselves with securing the area. The story is vague here... but then someone checked his pulse, noticed the dead man moving, etc.. They realized he was alive and they pulled him out and sent him on his way to Baptist Hospital.

1 hour 30 minutes, no one attended to the man, checked his pulse, etc.

The story is hearsay, but from a man I trust who was there.

I am not sure of his condition. But there are no confirmed deaths for the event.

It has been confirmed F1 150 meter wide at base. The bad boy actually passed 1 block away from me; the very center of downtown. We felt about 75-90 mile per hour wind. At first a few things blew around in the yard. A piece of 8" galvanized chimney liner moved across my yard at random about 5 minutes before we had any inclination that there was a tornado. Wind speed was about 20 and might have gusted to 40 when the liner blew away the rain had been coming down for a day and a half... then the wind sat at 20 for a little while... shortly there after that noise began. I was typing at ATS. My better half looked out the front door and noticed horizontal debris in the sky. I tried to post my "I am inside a Tornado" thread... but I did not include enough words for a new thread... For about 2 mintues the wind outside was up to 80 sustained; view out the door about as below. Stuff in sky... wide enough and spinning where you couldn't capture it without a wide angle lens. I could imagine much stronger a block over. As soon as it passed north of me we went outside. It was clear that the twister was on a N-NE path.

Sri Oracle

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Sri, if it makes you feel better, I heard the same from a friend...

I'm still horridly mad that I was not at PJC with my film equipment... I could have gotten that bad boy ripping up the mall at a safe but close distance...

The windows and doors on the JC Pennies blew out too, I walked through them quite often... Its hard to imagine seeing that happen... all this occurred just the day after I had been in that area, talking about the affects of a nuclear strike on Pensacola with my teacher.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe
Sri, if it makes you feel better, I heard the same from a friend...

You heard the body unattended rumor too? I was over there for about 5 minutes before I was ushered away...I did not see the "body" myself. The police were definately on crowd control and in no way attending to the demolished building when I was there. But that was shortly after the twister.

I also wanted to say... In my frantic opening position I stated:

Saw sheet metal roof in air.

That would be the whole shabang. Not individual sheets of sheet metal... The whole 15 x 15 section of roof flying by, UFO style, about 500 feet from my front porch... maybe 80 feet up. Its sitting across the street from the house it belongs to.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 20-10-2007 by Sri Oracle]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join