It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Scale of the Universe -- Videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Been thinking about the Planet X thing a little, aside from it's existence being a concern/doubtful, I thought it'd be a good time to introduce some videos to show how BIG space is, compared to life on Earth.

THIS one is called "the scale of some stuff in the universe" and is about a minute and a half. They have computer simulators going around this solar system and sizes the planets and goes into other stars too.

Another one called, "scale of planets and stars" is pretty cool since they superimpose the planets on a counter to show scale. HERE is the link to that one. (Earth looks like a marble compared to Jupiter)

I really like THIS one titled, "the Milky Way in 3D" -- it got me thinking about 2012 a little bit as they show you the galactic plane curving for a little over a minute.

HERE'S one called, "Milky Way and Andromeda Galaxy collision simulation" that's actually pretty for a little under a minute.

On that subject, HERE is a cryptic "Andromeda" video that's a minute long. Strange, as they zoom into the heart of that galaxy to find something alike DNA strands. Odd.

(just saw an explanation -- they're blue stars orbiting a black hole -- amazing!)

Lastly, THIS one called, "the universe within" is really rad, it shows Hubble images from the depths of space and slowly zooms into Earth.... I won't give away what happens, it's really something people should check out. Around 4 minutes.

There's plenty more out there, I just started watching some this morning, please post any you think are worth a watch. Thanks!

[edit on 18-10-2007 by anhinga]

[edit on 18-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
. . . .also think this is a good tool to really show kids the size of the
planets, there's good detailed videos all over the 'net for something
like this, maybe it'll get them more into astronomy.

The last video is a cool look at the scale of this galaxy right down to
a strand of DNA for a plant.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Thanks! The last video is really amazing.

new topics

join