It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and the death of freespeech

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
This is YouTube -- people can edit video and post it. Besides that, Ron Paul has been running a viral campaign geared to misrepresent reality from the get-go. I wouldn't be surprised if his pr staff put this together and put on on YouTube just to get him the additional conspiracy theorist attention that he's getting.

Three things to consider -- if the government wanted to censor what he was saying, why in the world say they did it?! I mean, come on, a department of defense graphic coming up as he answers a question about invading China? To think it would garner any response besides the one being presented in this thread would be stupid, and our department of defense isn't stupid. Neither is Ron Paul's PR viral campaign.

The other would be, that was a really, really short answer! If it's okay for a congressman to say we're in Iraq because it amuses GW to see soldiers' heads blown off, why would you think Ron Paul could say anything that would be so classified that the government would be this dumb?

Finally, if he was censored, why in the world would he not come out and say something? That would play right into his campaign. Surely he would go public. Yet, he doesn't. Why? Because then the full tapes would come out and his deceptive marketing campaign would be even more exposed that it already is becoming.

You should make a post JJ outlining how Ron Paul's campaign has been "viral" if you are going to throw that type of comment lightly. You could even compare it to the "non viral" campaigns of other candidates and show us how different they are in nature.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Bugman82]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

You make some very valid points, and it very well could be one of his supporters doing this. Heck, it could even be one of his detractors trying to make it look like it was one of his supporters.

I'll admit, as I've watched his campaign unfold, his method has really bothered me and will really disturb me if it works -- it will change the face of campaigning, where there's even less focus on the individuals. I think as a result of that, I am biased against him in assuming the worst. Thanks for pointing that out

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

now I don't think it was censored or anything, I personally think it was just a service announcement that could have cut in at any point, but to say that its some sort of viral marketing cmapaign is equally as stupid sounding to me.

I don't know where you got the idea that Ron Paul's PR group is releasing manipulated videos, or what proof you have of that, but to me it just looks like something popped up, and it could have popped up at anytime, ron paul time or not. It wasn't overly long, and it didn't block his whole response out, so I doubt it was censorship.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Bugman82

You make some very valid points, and it very well could be one of his supporters doing this. Heck, it could even be one of his detractors trying to make it look like it was one of his supporters.

I'll admit, as I've watched his campaign unfold, his method has really bothered me and will really disturb me if it works -- it will change the face of campaigning, where there's even less focus on the individuals. I think as a result of that, I am biased against him in assuming the worst. Thanks for pointing that out

Im confused, his methods? The Internet? Ive learn more about the individuals through there websites and such then any debate. I mean maybe Im different cause I am on every single issue with ron paul except drugs and I have felt this way for longer than Ive even heard of ron paul. But I don't understand what you mean by "method". If you mean running as a republican, well Ron Paul really is the most conservative in there. He may not be a step for step republican, but hes the closest thing.

When my choices of republicans are Giuliani the nation builder, McCain the war hawk, and a group of other more spending pro war "conservatives" my choices as a conservative are pretty narrow.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Maybe he said something about an extra-terrestrial threat ;-) Though I would think the people who watched it live would remember that!

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
you guys are forgetting that the cspan video contains the interruption too - not just the youtube video. This has been stated quite a few times in this thread already.

www.c-span.org...

[edit on 19-10-2007 by memoir]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR

And this year at least 12 presidental hopefuls are CFR NWO anti-American *@#$%@'s. Including, but not limited to, Obama, Clinton, Giuliani, Thompson, McCain, etc, etc, etc.

You have proof Obama and Thompson are CFR Guys?? links or something? I cant just take someones word for it........

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by memoir
you guys are forgetting that the cspan video contains the interruption too - not just the youtube video. This has been stated quite a few times in this thread already.

www.c-span.org...

That's a good point that people need to stop ignoring. The interruption is on the site itself. Therefore, we need to stop at nothing to find out what Ron Paul said, because if we never know, we'll never know for sure whether the interruption was technical or on purpose. You can think all you want, but until we find the needle, the rest is just hay.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Figured rather than guess and try to reason out what took place that I'd write C-Span and find out exactly what took place:

Hello,

I'm not sure who to direct this question to, as it could be a website issue or it could have been in the live broadcast. What I'm wondering is why, about 6 minutes into the interview, a department of defense logo with a tone appears. Here is the link to the online video:

www.c-span.org...

I'm also wondering if there's a way to get a transcript of this interview or access a video where his answer is not removed.

Thank you for your help,
[don't worry your little heart what this was signed with]

There'll probably be a response by wednesday, though it may take longer.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Figured rather than guess and try to reason out what took place that I'd write C-Span and find out exactly what took place:

Hello,

I'm not sure who to direct this question to, as it could be a website issue or it could have been in the live broadcast. What I'm wondering is why, about 6 minutes into the interview, a department of defense logo with a tone appears. Here is the link to the online video:

www.c-span.org...

I'm also wondering if there's a way to get a transcript of this interview or access a video where his answer is not removed.

Thank you for your help,
[don't worry your little heart what this was signed with]

There'll probably be a response by Wednesday, though it may take longer.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Better than that... you say anything AGAINST the government you get
Tasered and locked of for aiding terrorism.

Break free of the secret government Home Terror mind control such as
Arabs killed US citizens on 9/11/01 and Aliens are in UFOs, its all secret
US & UK mind and media control.

Yeah check out your little example and wonder about it.
Its all nailed down, we know its mind control.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I can't imagine RP having anything earth-shattering to say in those nine seconds. RP probably said something like "there's no need to have troops overseas", something that many have been saying for years.

Though, it is true that there is no need for overseas deployments, though a few peacekeepers in Former Yugoslavia might be a good idea. Maybe about 5,000 or so.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Breaking Free From The Zecret Government and the Illuminati.
Thats whats needed in America.
Take the US Army Out of Germany.
Down with Globalism and stopping points to destruction.

We Need To Break Free Of The Zecret Government Like He Once Did.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by uberarcanist

I shall spell it out for you... IF this was live and there was no edit that means when it was uploaded onto the net for dissemination the edit WAS PURPOUSFULLY INSERTED afterwards meaning that some force (most likely but not neccesarly) like the government edited it.

And I would remind you that under the current executive orders of this administration, Saying negative comments about the war can be construed as supporting the terrorists.

Ok, going along for just a moment with the theory proposed here that the gov't is against RP becoming the Republican candidate, and are blocking him at every turn....

Why would they edit something out that they could use against him?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Here is a video I found recently - it is appropriate for this setting - Ron Paul elaborates on said topic quite eloquently. Perfect - enjoy:

GO RON GO!

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

ive already written c-span. they said they couldnt help me. ive since written ron paul and am awaiting a response.

good luck to you though. sorry for the poor grammar, i am writing this on my wii.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This could be VERY IMPORTANT.

Please don't discuss Ron Paul himself, we need to get to the bottom of this. Censorship?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Good luck censoring Ron Paul. One of the good things about him is he is unwavering. Whatever he said in here, he will say many other places. Same message, trying to get at the root of the problem.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Has anyone stopped to even ask why an agency who's main task is propaganda and winning wars through information deception is ever showing clips on CSPAN

If it is true that that logo was even available to CSPAN and it is not post edited in, then this means the military has people in the control rooms of the so called news stations. And we are not hearing about it anywhere.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

It wouldn't surprise me if they did at all! The military industrial complex holds leverage over many corporations... or is it the other way around, not sure.
But this is still really odd. I mean the DoD so blatant of a censorship. Doesn't add up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join