It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and the death of freespeech

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

Ron Paul cam't win and I think he understands this. The goal is to take the repubilican nomination THAT is the prize. You gotta understand the constitution and our current tyranny. He knows the constitution. Your vote and mine are popular vote, opinion poll, does not effect the presidental outcome in any way. The ELECTORAL vote, the one that is comprised of people appointed by our state legislatures is the only one that matters.

And it is rigged. It has been for years. 60 minutes did a special on the kind of people that get appointed to the electoral college. The best people they could show spoke with disconjointed sentences and displayed a general lack of understanding politics. However they made up thier lack of understanding with feverent party loyalty.

The dye is cast and Hillary/Edwards are your next dictators... BUT if Ron Paul could take the republican nomination ....HMMMM It would be a victory for all because he would be in the run off against her and he would show america the exact extent of the tyranny it is under. Ron Paul is the peoples choice but the establisment doesn't play games of chioce anymore. It hasnt since 1960.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
they said clinton and carter could've never gotten the nomination, both of them were low in the polls.

They both came out of nowhere.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It's a damn shame Ron Paul isn't 10 years younger and have the "look" like a polititian should (Mitt Romney) or an "in" like Dubya's old man. The powers that be just won't let Paul win, instead this is all just a dog and pony show setting the stage for a 28 year Bush/Clinton dynasty since '88 after Hillary gets elected for a second term in 2012.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Yup you got that right. The electorial college is rigged and it should never have been created. They should have abolished it YEARS ago. The fact is your vote doesn't count for president. But as titorite said, the prize is the presidential nomination. You people, MAKE SURE you vote for Ron Paul for primaries, its the most important vote!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The Ron Paul 08 campain is more than just a presidential campaign. It carries with it a message that is a timeless reminder. No matter what happens down the road, do you really think that I am ever going to forget Ron Paul and what he stood for? Not a chance.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Flagged. I'm really eager now to see just what Ron Paul said that was needed to be censored.

What I am thinking is that Ron Paul said something that the mentioned "Overlords" deemed too sensitive - for both the American Publics ears & the Enemies ears (probably both one & the same to these people). He probably said something that was Classified "Secret". And what just might that be - well the many locations & countries all over the world that we have our military spread - doing their jobs - you know like stealing other countries Oil Resources for Corporate America's Profit Margins. Yes if people were to know this information it would be a "Threat to National Security". But what they fail to understand is that they just proved Ron Paul's whole POINT. The point that they were trying to make is that those who we call "Terrorists" - who are willing to go to the extreme of Suicide in attacking us - do NOT HATE us for the Imaginary Freedoms that we obviously do not have. They hate us because we have our Military Presence in THEIR Country. Countries that we have no business being in - now that is the REAL Threat to our National Security. We are constantly creating New Terrorists through our horribly Corrupt Foreign Policy Decisions - but strangely enough this is hardly ever discussed in the Media & when it is - it is plainly Censored as we can all see.

P.S. They could have made an announcement that the "Colonel" was going to make a press conference & any time - like during a break. Don't you find it kind of odd that they did it they way & when they did? It is simply a BAD excuse for Censorship of "Unwanted Speech". That Ron Paul sure is a Nuisance - a trouble maker

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
they said clinton and carter could've never gotten the nomination, both of them were low in the polls.

They both came out of nowhere.

They both were also members of the CFR. Think that helped? And this year at least 12 presidental hopefuls are CFR NWO anti-American *@#$%@'s. Including, but not limited to, Obama, Clinton, Giuliani, Thompson, McCain, etc, etc, etc. Unfortunatly the people who support these charactrers are all lock-step sheeple who have no idea what's at stake.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I have to admit this does happen, but it does not happen with a loud beep and an image saying they are censoring with a company logo.

When they censor, they just black out screen or fuzz it up so everyone turns the channel.

Today watching Hardball, a speaker who ran women's campaigns in the past, started to say the truth, he said Hillary would have a hard time with the women vote, traditionally women do not vote for other women. He was cut off, and camera went to Chris Mathews who was glaring at people behind camera, really angry.

Anyway they tell us she is ahead, and has the women vote so all the people that just do what other people do will just vote for her. Tell someone something enough, they will follow along with it.

Hardball 10/18 anyone got that on video we need to post it. It would be nice to see the version 3 hours later (not live) to see if they cleaned up Mathews angry look.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that is a remote broadcast signal, it’s a mistake, not censorship. It’s the signal a that a remote link would send to the station before beginning a broadcast from that location. It simply states what the incoming signal will contain. In this case a press briefing by some General, coming from Iraq.

It is also possible that CSPAN is edited from various locations to give it a local appeal as it often contains local and state government proceedings as well, or to make it more time friendly across different time zones. With this is mind it is possible that in one location this occurred and not in others, hence the fact that the signal would be on this broadcast but not on all broadcasts.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Damn straight...

"First civil war, then world war, then global terrorism, then asteroid threat, then alien threat",...the path to WORLD DOMINATION...so said by Werhner Von Braun... (when referring to the Military Industrial Complex...MIC)...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777

Anyway they tell us she is ahead, and has the women vote so all the people that just do what other people do will just vote for her. Tell someone something enough, they will follow along with it.

I wish WATS was still around so I could give you one. These are my sentiments exactly. It's just media playing people. Media is the one controlling the polls we talk about. Media is the one telling us who is ahead and behind.

It's all BS and manipulation. People have way too much faith in these private corporations.

KTK

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Can someone please ring Mr Pauls people and find out once and for all? Im one the other side of the world and it would cost me a small fortune to do so.

If it wasnt a technical clitch then its an extremely important and scary thing for Americans and the rest of the world to acknowledge.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Now www.ronpaul2008.com... is not responding either... maybe they talked about that video being censored on the site and it got shut down?

I know I sound paranoid, but then again, there are mountains of evidence showing how Ron Paul is manipulated in the media and his polls are claimed to be unreliable... bull#.

Such a #ed up world... here is a video to watch in the mean time:

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
www.ronpaul2008.com...
The site is working fine for me, maybe it’s a local thing, a traffic thing, or the site was down for maintenance. Here is the first paragraph on the page:

Message from Ron Paul (10/18/07)
The other day, my old sparring partner in so many Congressional committee hearings, Alan Greenspan, was on the Fox Business Channel. After Alan promoted his new book, the reporter asked if we really needed a central bank. Greenspan looked stunned, and then said that was a good question; he actually talked about fiat money vs. a gold standard. Now, the ex-Fed chairman is not about to endorse our sound monetary policy, but you know our Revolution is working when such a question is asked in the mainstream media, and this powerful man gives such an answer.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Still does not work from here. But then its probably some kind of temporary routing problem. Every other site including this one works perfectly.

Thanks for checking it.

Edit: Yes, now it works again.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is discusting, but not surprising.

Ive been saying this for weeks now, GET THE WORD OUT, becuase the media will not!

Im not sure what could have been said, the caller already said that our Army was spread out over 130 countries, so i don't know what he could have said.

It could have been just something that was a planned event, that just happen to fall on his comment... but i doubt it. THis act is strange, i don't think i have ever seen the DoD have a graphic on the screen... is this how CSPAN works...

Freaky... flagged, and get the word out.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is YouTube -- people can edit video and post it. Besides that, Ron Paul has been running a viral campaign geared to misrepresent reality from the get-go. I wouldn't be surprised if his pr staff put this together and put on on YouTube just to get him the additional conspiracy theorist attention that he's getting.

Three things to consider -- if the government wanted to censor what he was saying, why in the world say they did it?! I mean, come on, a department of defense graphic coming up as he answers a question about invading China? To think it would garner any response besides the one being presented in this thread would be stupid, and our department of defense isn't stupid. Neither is Ron Paul's PR viral campaign.

The other would be, that was a really, really short answer! If it's okay for a congressman to say we're in Iraq because it amuses GW to see soldiers' heads blown off, why would you think Ron Paul could say anything that would be so classified that the government would be this dumb?

Finally, if he was censored, why in the world would he not come out and say something? That would play right into his campaign. Surely he would go public. Yet, he doesn't. Why? Because then the full tapes would come out and his deceptive marketing campaign would be even more exposed that it already is becoming.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

It could have been that he made a quick reference to something that passed through congress that was a "Classified" measure.

Something to the fact that, "Speaking of which, we signed a bill in congress permitting tactical strikes if China ever invaded Korea, but about our troops in Iraq..."

Who knows what it could have been. But I highly doubt that Ron Paul's PR office was the entity that edited the video and put it on the internet. I would expect such a "hater" comment from ABC, NBC, or FOX — but, not from a forum moderator on ATS. You can't take enough satisfaction from your numbers in the "reality" polls, that you have to try to discredit even Ron Pauls supporters on the internet?

LOL.

This is a prime example of the threat that is being felt by main-stream supporters everywhere. Hating on your opponent or opponet's supporters will get you no where. To suggest this video was posted by Paul's PR office is laughable. By that logic would you assume that I'm from Ron Paul's office as well? As a matter of fact, I'm a computer at Ron Paul's House. I'm the one that voted for Ron Paul in every internet poll making him win by a landslide. I'm just a spam program created to raise awareness of Ron Paul. I'm not real. Just as his internet polls are not real. His votes have never carried over to "Real Polls." LMAO.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
It could have been that he made a quick reference to something that passed through congress that was a "Classified" measure.

And yet the New York Times gets a pass on several occasions as they knowingly leak classified information? The New York Times can compromise national security time and again with the government bravely saying, "aw, come on guys, stop it", but Ron Paul can't say something that would be very easily denied by all if it were leaked?

Seems more like you've started with an opinion and are trying to find facts to enforce that opinion and ignore facts that detract from it.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I will repost what I had posted earlier since JJ replied to it.

I think calling the Ron Paul campaign "viral" from the beginning shows a bias towards the Ron Paul campaign. There is also no evidence against it being a Ron Paul campaign ploy to edit this video. As JJ stated himself it could have been anyone editing the video as it is on YouTube. It could simply be a Ron Paul supporter editing the video. This does not necessarily point the finger at the Ron Paul campaign or at anyone in particular.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Bugman82]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join