It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and the death of freespeech

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
America: 1776 - 2008

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I support Dr. Paul and I don't trust the government for jack. Although the premise that he was censored could be entirely valid, this could also have been a simple production console screw-up by an engineer. The DOD graphic was simply a placeholder for a scheduled satellite feed. It would seem that an engineer went to check on that feed at did it on the 'live' channel rather than a monitor one. Could very easily be an innocent screw-up in the production booth.

That said, we still need to find the entire, uninterrupted video just to be sure. But don't be bummed if it turns out to be a tempest in a tea pot.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

According to those that informed me; they say when they watched it live that morning there was no edit. And when originaly put online there was no edit. This edit according to my sources has been inserted in the last couple of days.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
According to those that informed me; they say when they watched it live that morning there was no edit. And when originaly put online there was no edit. This edit according to my sources has been inserted in the last couple of days.

Well then, I hope your sources can also find the unedited version. If this was nothing more than a technical issue, we can put this thread to rest, but if it was a true censor and his message is strong, then we have something very precious.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It's always an edit somewhere darn you sophisticated technological people

Though from what I've read so far, we've honestly have had free speech before? That seemed to have slowly been diminishing already. We didn't need anyone to take it away, we just have to put limits on what we can say and do and soon enforce it more heavily. Soon you'll have everyone saying things that are completely near what you want them to say or vice-versa. Though I would like to see these "Unedited versions" as well.

Edit - Flagged because I would like to know more.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Eliza è Angelo]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
WOW .. If that isn't blatant censoring what is? lol .. just wow.

Never have I seen something like that just pop up on Cspan..

Though I see that his entire conversation was not cut out, he still gave an answer, I would love to know what was edited, and why in the world where they so rude as to just plop that annoying POS over this mans speech.

This country disgust me. Truly. If they continue these idiotic, childish acts the powers that be will be in for a surprise when we come back and give RP the presidency.

[edit on 10/18/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
wow.

if it was put on after the fact that makes it even more upsetting. one cannot explain it being an accident if it was done after the recording.

the media has been ron paul's downfall. since he does not brown nose or back off his position in any way, the media see's him as an enemy.

article about their distaste for him.

another

another and

another

the only reason anyone in the media EVER talks to him is because he has a good base of supporters.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Lady's and Gentlemen, May I have your attention please.

This is very shocking and disturbing to all of us.

However, I hate to break it to you but for the past 60 years we have not had free speech in our so called political system. These politicians are bickering back and forth about stupid crap all of the time and are never allowed to talk about the really, really important stuff that effect all of humanity. Its forbidden to talk about because if they did the powers that be would loose control and the status quo. That is not what I call free speech at all.

The only difference is that now a days it is more in your face and more obvious than it has every been.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Where and when did this clip take place? What channel was it being shown on originally?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

Your kidding right? It was in the launch post. Two youtube links and even if your on dial up many other posters have comented about this CSPAN footage. Yes this was C-span. The washington journal. Exellent program at one time.... not so much anymore.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by jtma508

According to those that informed me; they say when they watched it live that morning there was no edit.

Ok, so if they watched it live can you please ask them what he said and report back? Thanks.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by craig732

Considering that the interview was on the 12 and today is the 18th and the edit in question is only 9 seconds long I highly doubt she remembers. However for the sake of integrity I have now asked her and I await her response.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I am not in the least bit surprised or really even disturbed about this development. I'm convinced Washington Journal is a covert Republican propaganda organ-a study by FAIR confirms this.

"Despite its stated commitment to providing politically balanced programming, C-SPAN shows such as Washington Journal, Booknotes, Q & A, and Afterwords have been accused of having a conservative bias. Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR) released a study of C-SPAN's morning call-in show Washington Journal, showing that Republicans were favored as guests over Democrats by a two-to-one margin during a six-month period in 2005, and that people of color are underrepresented. FAIR and critics including guests have charged that the shows Booknotes and Afterwords highlight more conservative authors than liberals"

en.wikipedia.org...

It also must be noted that C-SPAN is a PRIVATE corporation. If they want to do a hatchet job on Dr. Paul, that's their right. Is there any proof the Pentagon actually had any hand in this? Could C-SPAN have just used the logo without the Pentagon's permission? In the alternative, it could be a "false-flag" attack to bolster Paul by making him look like a martyr.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

10/12/2007 9:30:00 AM
C-SPAN Interview: Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)

No I wasn't kidding... lol There was no date on the original post. Yes, you are correct, it is on the YouTube link, but i just hit the play button. As for the channel, I was not sure if CSPAN was just reshowing the actual clip or if they had originated it.

It looks like some one just hit the wrong button and cued the upcoming video. It looked like a technical mistake to me, not censorship.

The Col. J.B. Burton noted in the D.O.D. screen was to hold a news briefing that morning at 1030.

10-12-2007
COLONEL BURTON HOLDS A DEFENSE DEPARTMENT NEWS BRIEFING
VIA SATELLITE FROM IRAQ
OCTOBER 12, 2007
SPEAKERS: COLONEL J.B. BURTON (USA),
COMMANDER,
2ND BRIGADE COMBAT TEAM, 1ST INFANTRY DIVISION
DEPUTY ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF DEFENSE
FOR PUBLIC AFFAIRS BRYAN WHITMAN

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Congratulations, you've put the last nail in the coffin of this conspiracy theory. MAYBE the DoD did something nefarious, but you and other posters have established that there's no non-circumstantial evidence of that.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

YOu have me repeating myself yankeerose...

As previously stated I was informed that when the program was aired live (as it always is) thier was no edit and when these videos were posted they became edited. ... Let me go ask the uploaders of the video. They should be able to shed light on the subject (DUH took me long enough to tink to do that right?)

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I don't think whether or not this was live is the main point. The main point is-was a government agency behind this? So far we have no hard evidence to that effect.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

I shall spell it out for you... IF this was live and there was no edit that means when it was uploaded onto the net for dissemination the edit WAS PURPOUSFULLY INSERTED afterwards meaning that some force (most likely but not neccesarly) like the government edited it.

And I would remind you that under the current executive orders of this administration, Saying negative comments about the war can be construed as supporting the terrorists.

I have now asked the you tubers aswell as the chic that originaly turned me onto this. As soon as I have an answer about the live show verse net uploads I shall post it here...

Quick question for you Uberarcanist, Do you ever watch C-span?
I am / was a regular watcher. You?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I usually find it incredibly boring so I almost never watch it.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
do you think that if by chance Ron Paul won the 2008 election they would have him killed.
I think they would , i would give him 6 months tops.

More and more each day it becomes clear that there are very sinister forces controlling the events of our time. Its almost like they want to end humanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join