It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
An Opcentre is a command facility for strategic communications.
In this always-ready environment researchers can identify target audiences using highly advanced statistical models, strategists can orchestrate campaigns using the most effective scientific methods and media producers have access to innovative production techniques.
These units of expertise combine to create one of the most dynamic and influential ‘weapons' in the world.
An Opcentre puts influence, control and power back into the hands of the government and military, giving them greater power to influence the enemy in time of conflict and enhanced access to their citizens during a crisis. For instance, an Opcentre can be designed to override all national radio and TV broadcasts, allowing the government and military to communicate with the public as the need arises.
The Opcentre is a formidable tool for Homeland Security, Conflict Reduction, International Public Diplomacy and un-mediated Government communications.
What can the OpCentre do?
* Launch a powerful psyop campaign against an engaged enemy
* Engender support within the national community for proposed military action
* Re-engineer foreign perceptions to potentially avert conflict altogether
* Develop national resilience and behavioural compliance for homeland security issues
* Produce powerful public diplomacy campaigns for political, economic, military issues
* Maintain an ‘always ready' public communication command centre for critical incidents
* Develop more effective public information campaigns for social and health issues
Funding for SCL has been provided by a number of private high net worth individuals all based in the UK.
C-SPAN offers free transcripts online for Q&A at www.q-and-a.org and
Booknotes at www.booknotes.org.
C-SPAN does not offer transcripts for other programs. We recommend
that you contact
the speaker or the organization sponsoring the event to inquire about
Transcripts of House and Senate floor speeches are available at
Contact the committees directly for committee transcripts.