It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you do when/if the bomb goes off?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

Originally posted by lilblam
Those 60's bomb shelters can come in handy after all
Feels like cold war all over again.. with terrorists this time.

A bomb shelter isn't going to help you if there's no warning. Why worry about it? Chances are, if you're not lucky enough to be in the chosen city, you won't even hear it. And if you do live in a city that sustains a nuclear blast, preparation won't be necessary.

Oh we would hear about it in less than an hour. Think of how fast news breaks here on ATS, its like a wildfire. Heck that new virus Mydoom is making rounds so fast its scary, so a nuke would be known even faster.

As for being prepared, its simple, first you would have to figure out the risk you were at of being in a target area. Major cities are all viable tagets, so preparedness is going to be difficult because warning time would likely be 0, Next step would be determining a plan of action if you were near a target but not killed/incapacitated due to the actual blast. Bomb shelters are nice, but most suburban areas dont take kindly to you tearing up your back yard and createing a concrete underground bunker. Water and food in the vicinity of a nuclear blast would probably be unhealthy at the least, deadly at the best to consume. Pretty much all that could be done immediately following the blast would be to wait in a safe and sealed area until about 24 hours have passed, then try to make contact with some sort of help system to get out of the area, and to medical attention. Even though we tend to be weary of FEMA here, this link is fairly useful regarding preparations in case of a nuclear strike/accident

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I meant the actual blast, not the news.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Once martial law is declared I'll already be on a boat heading through the ABC's on my way to Panama.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
I meant the actual blast, not the news.

oh, lol, course if a propane tank that explodes can be heard and felt 8 miles away, I wonder how far away someone can notice a nuke from?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Not sure, really. I just know that I've never heard any of the test nukes.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I think I'm far enough away from downtown that I could jump in the car and head over the mountains. I hope. But I want to have some basic neccesities packed in the trunk, water, a change of clothes...
But if it went off elsewhere in the country, I'd still want to head for a more rural area.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
What will I do when the bomb goes off?

make sure I have a good supply of coke and chips, and watch the fuss on TV

It'll be bigger than the olympics

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
ive heard of the us and perhaps australia wanting to start funding for a icbm shield but scared it will raise questions and other # from other countries, but i think that the possiblity that they've already developed it but waiting for public accpetance is relatively high. i dont know much about the tech(somthing about a superfast missile that can disrupt and eliminate any threats) and i forgot the link so yeah if anyone has any info on what im thinking about it would be great

top topics

<< 1   >>

join