It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you do when/if the bomb goes off?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If it were ever to happen on American soil, how do you think a nuclear explosion would change things and are you prepared for it?

I became exceedingly concerned about the possibility of this occurrence about a year ago and every day it seems to be more of a conceivable scenario. Overly paranoid? Yes, but it has kept me alive so far.

What will happen in the beginning? FEMA will more then likely declare martial law and all hell will break loose. Whether it is in the form of a continued terrorist attack or mass hysteria or simply individuals taking advantage of the situation, I could not say, but it will probably be a combination of all of them.

What do you think will happen and are you ready?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Eh, chances are they'll go after Chicago for a change, it's near to the Canadian border, so I won't have to worry about it if it goes off, cause I'll be part of the smoke

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Will anyone be ready? Even if you have prepared, will you still be ready?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald

Well, of course not as we have not experienced this before, but one could still prepare for such a scenerio. I am just wondering if anyone has.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
my entire life has been in preparation of change

i move from europe & became American

i move from Michigan to Pennsylvania

i move from Pennsylvania to SE coast,,,
this fishing village seems to provide the means for
supplimenting ones' life sustaining needs...
if the landward agriculture food-chain becomes chaotic,
the atainable marsh & ocean resources are available.

main worries are fallout (weather patterns) & potable water, only TWO aquifers in this area: 170ft & 420ft down....and despite being in a 'hundred year' flood zone We've been un-disturbed by Hurricane Hugo, et al
(not so fortunate my neighbors)

To ride out a catastrophie is my program. and by either chance or design- a small portion of land, in ideal location-having a 'mystical' protection around it, being disguised enough to remain 'un-coveted'...is our allogorical 'life-boat'.....UNLESS I'm at Ground Zero ?!?!

prepare?...are you?...can you (meaning anyone else) survive with minimal electricity (no HVAC, TV, PC, etc)
meet your needs on under $10,000yr..
....oh, the list goes on,,see any survivalist .com site

When the Balloon goes Up....Head For The Hills
(at least i hope that ingrained strategy is heeded by the unawares)

enjoy your journey
this schzo pagan intends to,

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

how do you prepare for a nuclear blast that could happen at any moment?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Get one hell of a tan.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Accept what ever may come.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Those 60's bomb shelters can come in handy after all
Feels like cold war all over again.. with terrorists this time.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

How did Japan prepare for the A-bomb?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

How did Japan prepare for the A-bomb?

they didnt.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Japan had no warning. All we have is warnings, so we are inclined to prepare. Japan had it better, in a way...

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There is now way that it would go off in Chicago because of the importance of Lake Michigan and the Freshwater supply. And plus my parents live near Chicago.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Simple...they didn't...and look what happened...

At least WE have the foresight of knowing what can happen though...

As for what will happen...that seems pretty simple...

The US will go into total lockdown mode for about a week or so. During that time, it will be similar to living in a police state, but people would still go to work, etc. similar to NYC post 911....right after the attack.

Someone would quickly be blamed, and the US would begin to remap the Middle East, rolling over any state that so much as looked at us the wrong way...

The international consequences of this will be disastrous, with the war effort reaching a halt status in several areas due to pressure from other nations (Russia, China, Germany, France). Avoiding full blown WWIII at this point will be almost impossible.

The really sick part of it, is that if it is done by Arab terrorists, they would have succeeded only in causing the extinction of (or at least drastic reduction of) their way of life. 911 resulted in the takeover of two Arab nations. What do you think the count would be for a nuke attack? Simple.... ALL OF THEM..... And this time, it wouldn't be surgical. It would be a direct attempt to not only wipe out C&C centers, but any industrial centers as well...

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
wtf???????

Japan had warning, they dropped pamphlets on them....

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ah, I had almost forgot those lovely Cold War years. I was scared as a child, to bad our kids have gotten a taste of it.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well, I'm not saying that the bomb was right or wrong, etc. I think it was a sound tactical move, if not an overly moral one...

But, I doubt a pamphlet could have ever conveyed the sheer power of such a bomb.... Surely, they must have thought the suggestion rather ludicrous at the time...

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
That depends if I'm far enough away to piss my pants and scream like a little girl.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
Those 60's bomb shelters can come in handy after all
Feels like cold war all over again.. with terrorists this time.

A bomb shelter isn't going to help you if there's no warning. Why worry about it? Chances are, if you're not lucky enough to be in the chosen city, you won't even hear it. And if you do live in a city that sustains a nuclear blast, preparation won't be necessary.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If it hit, I would immediately get on this website and see if the nuts start saying "I told you Ameggedon was coming..."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join