It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ellen degeneras crying about the dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
you guys see this? mind you now, this is on the NATIONAL NEWS...i have been up for about 3 hours and they have ran this story every hour on cnn

news.yahoo.com...

basically she went and adopted a dog from a shelter and couldn't keep it cause the dog don't get along with her cats. she then gave the dog to her hairdresser(friend i guess) that has two kids.
the shelter went and got the dog because they said it is against the contract to hand the dog off.

so, ellen was on her show literally balling. i am sure you can find the clip on youtube if you want...
she is popping out aligator tears and asking them to 'please give the dog(iggy) back to teh family'

the shelter said no can do...dog is already adopted.

now i have two thoughts on this and i really don't care that much either way, i'm just bored.

1st-the shelter could have just let the other people keep the dog
2nd-ellen should have read her contract....thats why you sign adoption contracts...i had to sign one when i got my dog..stating i would take it to the vet and register it in a certain amount of time. saying i would not hand the dog off...hell, some shelters want to come visit your house.

in the end, i guess i am glad that the shelter is standing their ground, weather it is the 'cool' thing to do or not, they didn't cave just cause she is a rich celeb....thats a good thing.

watching ellen ball on tv is a bonus too

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ellen opened herself up to a nice little lawsuit.

Even though I think the agency should have just given the dog to the family, The agency did what the contract states. Now the death threats and psychological trauma are going to make the agency's owner a little fatter in the wallet.

Maybe Ellen doesn't care, she probably doesn't. It'll just be a drop in the bucket for her, but I think her heart was in the right place.

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

i don't disagree.
i just think she should have read the contract...
the situation has gotten out of hand though.

in the end, they could have let the family keep the dog and fleece ellen for a few grand....

j/k

but not really

edit*
i think her heart was in the right place too. i don't think she was trying to just dump the dog off on someone....if she was, she sure can produce some awesome tears....

"i'd like to thank the academy"

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If only you were in Korea!

The dog would be in a good curry and then everyone could have some and everyone would be happy.

Monkey

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I have to agree she should have read her contract more closely, I dodn't believe that she was morally wrong just legally wrong. And while it would have been simpler for the adoption agency to give the pet to the family, i do admire that they are sticking to their policy and not caving in to the rich celebrity.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
She broke the law by breaking her contract, but people can cross over the border, break the law and we still have to pay for them with are taxes. I just don't get America sometimes. I hope the other family with the little girls get the dog in the long run, but for her to go on her tv show and cry her eyes out isn't right. If she would of talked to the agency and let them know what she wanted to do they probably would of worked it out. Now it's gonna become a circus and the only ones being hurt in a way is the little girls.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

i don't think the shelter is responsible for border crossings but i see what you're saying.
the family will not get the dog back cause the shelter already adopted it to someone else.

since ellen feels so bad and has the monster alligator tears, she can buy the rugrat another dog i'm thinking.

top topics

join