The 'Lost Civilisation' - Compelling Evidence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Hello Everyone,

Ever since Plato first penned his Timeaeus and Critias dialogues, we have argued whether there truly existed a 'Lost Civilisation' (Atlantis) in remote antiquity. Plato - in quoting Solon - tells us, "this is true history", a statement that Socrates agreed with.

In 1994, Robert Bauval and Adrian Gilbert presented to the world The Orion Mystery whereby the authors demonstrated how the three belt stars of the Orion constellation correlated very closely with the arrangement of the main three pyramids at Giza. This became known at the Orion Correlation Theory (OCT).

Since Bauval and Gilbert presented the OCT it has been hotly disputed by academics, skeptics and believers alike. What was required was further evidence.

Earlier this year I presented to the world the Greater Orion Correlation Theory (GOCT). The GOCT shows how the 2 sets of so-called 'Queens Pyramids' demonstrate to us the precessional motion of the three Orion Belt stars over an incredible 13,000 years! In c.10,550BC the 3 belt stars were aligned horizontally on the southwest horizon and this alignment is 'mimicked' by the horizontal arrangement of Menkaure's 3 Queens' Pyramids on the southwest of the plateau.

Around 13,000 years later (i.e. c.2,500AD) the 3 belt stars will precess across the skies to the eastern horizon and, as they do so, they will rotate 90*. Thus we find the 3 Queens' Pyramids of Khufu also mimicking this precessional shift. What is also significant is that these 2 locations represent the maximum and minimum culmination points of the Orion Belt 'pendulum swing'. And because only the start and end culmination points require 'markers' this may explain why the Pharaoh Khafre (the middle of the three large pyramids) has no Queens Pyramids in spite of him having 5 queens.

You can see the Greater Orion Correlation Theory (GOCT) here:

www.scottcreighton.co.uk...

What this discovery presents to us is something of a puzzle. Presently the prevailing understanding of the Ancient Egyptians is that they had little or no understanding of precession and certainly nothing to this degree of understanding or accuracy. And yet, here we have - in plain view - advanced mathematical and astronomical knowledge that is clearly out of time and place. We are compelled to ask the question - where did such advanced knowledge come from?

The themselves AEs tell us of the construction of their monuments, the following:

"They were built according to an architectural plan which was supposed to have been revealed in a codex that fell from the heavens at Saqqara in the days of Imhotep."

Inscription found on the collonade of the Temple of Horus at Edfu.

Aldred 'The Egyptians', P32

It would seem probable then that the AEs of the 4th Dynasty constructed the Giza monuments (most likely for their own cultural/religious ideas) but that the design for them came from another time and place - from another relatively advanced civilisation that is now lost to our history books. If we cannot credit the AEs with this level of advanced knowledge that is clearly on display, then we have to conclude that it came from some other source. We have to conclude that what we are looking at is evidence from a 'Lost Civilisation'.

Regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
What do you think of the theory the Egyptians are related to Mars? It will "anwser" the lost civilication theory.

The "pyramides" on Cydonia seem to be correlated to the pleiades constellation, as Orion to the Giza plateau.
Also the face of "nefertiti" on the mars surface indicates some sort of connection...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

Hello Lunica,

Thanks for your post.

What do you think of the theory the Egyptians are related to Mars? It will "anwser" the lost civilication theory.

SC: I am not familiar with this theory. I think though that the inscription at Edfu clearly tells us that the AEs built the pyramids based, however, on a design that 'came from the heavens'.

It was my understanding that recent NASA images of the Cydonia region of Mars have revealed that the structures there are entirely natural features. I do not believe there is any connection between Mars and the AE civilisation.

Best wishes,

SC

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thank you for the answer.

I guess this could bring us to a discussion the Cydonia "pyramides" are or aren't entirely natural features. I leave that question open.

But while you agree in the correlation of Orion to Gizah. Maybe these links may interest you?

Gizeh:
Gizeh Orion

and!

Cydonia:
Cydonica Pleiades

Also pictures like these tells me there could be a relationship afterall.(which is all circumstantial evidence of course).

Source for both: MOC M0305549

Face 1 (this one is my own find. I am working on some other finds too)
< br />
Face 2 (this one is already known by the public)

I understand most people would say. Its mars, so whatever you present about ancient live over there is just not true.
I like also leave that question open.
So I cannot say there is a definite connection. But also I cannot say there isn't.

Maybe you think this could be interesting or maybe not. I am curious where you stand on this when looking to things like these.

Greetings Lunica

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I myself have been looking into Giza since more than a decade and have written and compiled a massive amount of relevant data on my harddrive.

What I like about guys like you is that you are actually doing what I was supposed to be doing a long time ago: Gather and connect the data and PUBLISH it. I sure wish I had the time to do that, but Ive had so many projects running that I havent come to that.

My definite conclusion after years of looking into Giza is:

YES, an airtight case can be built for a lost and technologically advanced civilization pre-dating the dynasty era. An AIRTIGHT CASE. I am sure I will publish my info before retirement, but until then I say: Keep on looking, keep on asking, keep on digging. There is MUCH more to learn.

A few ideas to consider:

Plato is not the only and not the first source of Information referring to the lost civilization. Writings have gone lost and were deliberately hidden. More will be uncovered.

The people managing the pyramids have different beliefs than they are publicly announcing.

The wall being built around the pyramids has a different purpose then is being publicly announced.

Good Luck!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I do find it interesting that there seems to be growing support for the idea that there was a comet or asteroid strike approximately 13,000 years ago that hastened the end of the last Ice Age and may have contributed to the destruction of any significant civilization that may have been trying to gain a foothold.

www.iht.com...

It wouldn't take a major meteorite strike, something that would leave a huge smoking crater. A glancing blow or a smaller, less-massive object striking an ocean might be just enough to create the rapid environmental disruption that could account for tsunamis, massive floods, species die-off, and so forth.

So Plato might have had the timeline just about right for the destruction of Atlantis. Finding definitive evidence of a pre-catastrophe civililation remains problematic, particularly with rapid changes in sea levels precisely where these early civilizations may have begun.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

Hello Lunica,

Many thanks for the links. These are interesting.

Best wishes,

SC

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hello Skyfloating,

Nice to hear from you again.

Skyfloating: What I like about guys like you is that you are actually doing what I was supposed to be doing a long time ago: Gather and connect the data and PUBLISH it.

SC: Never a truer word spoken. This is why I freely publish all my research. In my opinion, people have a right to know of such discoveries and it is toatlly repugnant to me that this right should be restricted only to those who can afford to buy it.

Let the truth be free.

Nice post. Thanks.

SC

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Hello Nohup,

Many thanks for your post and for the link. I am not sure if you have ready any of the threads in my Forum but I list a couple of other sites that write about the c.13kya cataclysm. The Giza Precession Wheel theory I present shows how the anicents indicate the date c.9,800BC which is within a few hundred years of Plato's date for the destruction of Atlantis.

You may also be familiar with the work of Dr Fabio Barbiero who has mathematically demonstrated how a relatively small asteroid - if it strikes an ocean at the correct angle - can cause a chain of events that ultimately results in a gyroscopic shifting of the poles. You can read more of his work here:

www.grahamhancock.com...

Finding definitive evidence of a pre-catastrophe civililation remains problematic, particularly with rapid changes in sea levels precisely where these early civilizations may have begun.

Exactly right! However, I do believe that in the layout of the Giza pyramids, this (relatively) advanced 'Lost Civilisation' have demonstrated to us their very advanced grasp of mathematics and astronomy. We may never find their artefacts - but at Giza we can see their mind!

Best wishes,

SC

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ok, so then we have to ask the obvious question: What is this GOCT trying to tell us?

If you were building a pyramid complex with precise astrological alignments then what is that you would be trying to say?

Is it a clock or countdown of some kind?

PYRAMID'S DESIGN INFLUENCE

But first, a couple of things though in regards to possible Atlantean influence for the Giza Pyramids.

I agree, it would be much more likely that the Pyramids of Giza are influenced by the Atlanteans - they undoubtedly possessed high technology and personally, I think they could have built such a structure.

But there's a catch.

The pyramids seem to be much more Lemurian in design. Those familiar with Christopher Dunn's book The Giza Powerplant will understand where I am coming from. The idea that Giza's Pyramids were once operational in the way that Dunn describes speaks to a Lemurian influence. Look at Nan Madol (www.abovetopsecret.com...'), the ruins off the coast of Japan at Yonaguni and even Easter Island. These sites, in my opinion, are undeniably of Lemurian origin. The Giza Pyramids are not dissimilar to these ruins and speak of the same builders.

It is said that Atlantis was not unlike our modern day life - warlike, morally corrupt, spiritually defunct but technologically advanced. Whereas Lemuria seemed to be the spiritually connected and earth-loving culture we tend to envisionage as paradise.

The pyramids do not come across as works from a warlike and spiritually defunct peoples.

PYRAMID'S MESSAGE

But I suppose all this is a tangent. The question in my head is this - What are the Pyramids trying to tell us? Did the builders know of an event 13,000 years in their future to which they were trying to warn us? Were they simply creating a huge calendar to mark astrological precession? If so, then why? Before the pyramids were built, its builders must have had a plan in mind - looking at the end result, what could this plan have been?

PYRAMIDS OLDER THAN WE THINK?

Finally, I will end with this. Should we consider if the Pyramids are much older than the astrological alignments suggest? Could they be 25,000 years old? What about 50,000 or 75,000 years old? And if so, were they built to point to this 13,000BC to 2,400AD period in time for some reason? (by utilising astrological alignment).

From the outside looking in, this period could correspond to great chaos on Earth. The end of the Atlantean and Lemurian civilisation, endless tales of ancient wars, high technological advancement, the changing of the planet itself, death starvation poverty and both personal and political corruption. Seems like a fairly significant era - could it end with us going the same way as the Atlanteans and Lemurians at around 2,400AD?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Hello Srsen,

Many thanks for your interesting post.

Srsen: Ok, so then we have to ask the obvious question: What is this GOCT trying to tell us? If you were building a pyramid complex with precise astrological alignments then what is that you would be trying to say?

Is it a clock or countdown of some kind?

A countdown of some kind - yes, I believe this is precisely what we have at Giza. I explain this at length in the following threads you may be interested in looking at:

Part 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

PArt 2

Part 3

Part 4

Best wishes,

SC

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

Heres another very interesting anomaly on mars, that to me looks like a human face which bears resemblance to ancient civilizations.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by luis9343]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by luis9343

Hello Luis,

Luis9343: Heres another very interesting anomaly on mars, that to me looks like a human face which bears resemblance to ancient civilizations.

SC: Yes, I see a face but equally there are many similar examples of such random natural occurrences in rock formations also here on Earth. Also, how many times have you seen a face or some other familiar shape in the pattern of clouds?

If, however, we could observe on another planet geoglyphs of a beetle, a monkey, a stylised hummingbird or some other recognisable form etched on the ground in a similar fashion to those we find at Nazca, I think then we would have to give serious consderation to such a discovery.

Best wishes,

SC

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
All great work scott, enjoyed reading it. Keep up the good work.

ProTo

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

Hello Proto,

Many thanks for your kind words. Glad you enjoyed reading my work.

Best,

SC

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Creighton

If, however, we could observe on another planet geoglyphs of a beetle, a monkey, a stylised hummingbird or some other recognisable form etched on the ground in a similar fashion to those we find at Nazca, I think then we would have to give serious consderation to such a discovery.

Best wishes,

SC

I am working on that, and there are a lot of examples of animals painted on the mars surface. Those are much better then the nasca lines IMO. They are most of the time in 3D. I will post some in the near future since I have to work on them some more first.

This is one example I think is worthy too. It seems to be something like mars hieroglyphs with some connection to the inca's or Egyptians.
Maybe you like it too?!?!

After taken a serious look at this image and a lot of other MOC images as reference, I conclude that ancient mars inhabitants could do things with the mars surface we only can dream of. I understand a lot of people will reject this, because its to good to be true
Well, lets see with this first example?

From MOC image M1103169.

Highlighted:

btw: The cat (purple) and the other (green) figure are the examples I mean, the other two (bleu and yellow I am not certain of, if you would enlarge them more, the yellow figure could be a bird... But I will, if you like, give you some better example of such figures in the near future)

Greetings Lunica

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

Hello Lunica,

Sorry, but I really do not see anything in your last post that does not appear to be a natural formation.

The only 'Lost Civilisation' I can consider in terms of my own research is one that is entirely Earth bound.

Regards,

SC

JbT

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well done presentation for a home study. Bravo! My personal - totaly unprofessional - opinion is that you are on to something very big here, which leads me to my only real questions for you.

1) Why hasn't some major University, Museum or Archeological company came to you about this MAJOR find/discovery that you have found or theorized. Or have they?

I would assume that this may be worthy of a research dig or at least political pressure to look into Giza more than the Egiptian Gouvernment seems to want. Hell, Im surpised that Discovery Channel hasnt offered to do a show about this, they did one about the Shafts afterall.

2) Have you had your work reviewed by any profesional/s? Do any Professionals endorse your work?

3) Did you do all this research from your desk? Or did you actually do some archeological digging/looking with a team?

See, I look at this and ask myself, "Self, why isnt there an ongoing program set-up to find a conclusion to what is actually depicted at the Giza Plateau? If there wasnt before, surly someone must see something in this mans theory other than I"

...Then I remeber where Iam posting at... I have to assume that the reason you are posting this hear, is because you probably feel that there is a cover-up ongoing to this day as to the real meaning or use of the pyramids at Giza, maybe else where on the planet too...

4) Am I right to assume this? Do you belive there is people who are covering up the true meaning/use @ Giza? If so, would you please expand on what you belive is possibly going on in the "big picture" of it.

Thank you very much,
Sincerely
JbT

[edit on 23-10-2007 by JbT]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JbT

Hello JbT,

Many thanks for your post.

JbT: Well done presentation for a home study. Bravo!

SC: Thank you – I appreciate the simple fact that you appreciate.

JbT: 1) Why hasn't some major University, Museum or Archeological company came to you about this MAJOR find/discovery that you have found or theorized. Or have they?

SC: I have discussed my work by letter with a number of universities and also online with a number of academics all over the world. What I have found is that there is still great resistance to even consider the work of Robert Bauval let alone the corroborating evidence I present with my work. It is quite frustrating but I accept this as part and parcel of the ‘process’. New ideas – especially radical ones – are (by and large) often shunned by mainstream academia. I find no surprise in this. Afterall, we are talking about individuals and teams who have much to gain and lose with someone like myself presenting what essentially amounts to a paradigm shift. As you must know, I present my work freely and without condition – you can take it or leave it. Most academics of the prevailing view of our pre-history would much rather leave it.

JbT: I would assume that this may be worthy of a research dig or at least political pressure to look into Giza more than the Egiptian Gouvernment seems to want. Hell, Im surpised that Discovery Channel hasnt offered to do a show about this, they did one about the Shafts afterall.

SC: I can tell you that an initial survey of the ‘Giza X-Spot’ will be made in the first quarter of next year. I cannot say any more than this.

JbT: 2) Have you had your work reviewed by any professionals? Do any Professionals endorse your work?

SC: By ‘professionals’ I guess you mean Egyptologists, astronomers and mathematicians? My work has been available in the public domain for almost a year now and has been subjected to endless scrutiny by a number of professionals of various disciplines on a number of online forums. Being adherents of the prevailing view of our pre-history, most are aghast at what I present. The immediate reaction of such individuals is to instantly try and debunk/disprove my work. Eventually, however, having found no means to deliver a ‘killer blow’ these individuals then shift the goal-posts, claiming that it is not for them to disprove my theories but for me to prove them. I ask them the question: “Well why did you even bother trying to disprove my work in the first place?” Very few answer that question. My proof is in the evidence of the pyramids. Alas, ‘professionals’ simply refuse to accept what I present is indeed evidence and dismiss it with cries of, “Coincidence!” In my experience, however, there is a point where coincidence after coincidence after coincidence must inevitably lead to conformity. There are no ‘professionals’ who endorse my work and I do not expect them to. Such people have too much to lose by doing so – their reputation, their research grants, their very future. For most professionals it is simply too much to risk. I, however, take a broader view. I have discovered something that I think makes sense and believe that people have a right to know about it.

When you place your head above the parapet it is in line to be shot at. I am quite prepared to take that risk because I have complete conviction in what I have found and what I present here on ATS.

More...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JbT

JbT: 3) Did you do all this research from your desk? Or did you actually do some archeological digging/looking with a team?

SC: The manner in which I made my discoveries is really quite extraordinary. I was working on something completely different at the time (as is usually the case) at Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland, which is not far from where I live. The chapel roof was being restored at the time and there was a whole load of scaffolding around it which allowed visitors up onto the roof. What I saw up on the roof of Rosslyn chapel were three small pyramids similarly arranged to those at Giza. I thought this quite intriguing, investigated it further by analysing a number of online maps of Giza and the rest – as they say – is history. I hope to go to Giza next year.

JbT: ...Then I remember where I am posting at... I have to assume that the reason you are posting this here is because you probably feel that there is a cover-up ongoing to this day as to the real meaning or use of the pyramids at Giza, maybe else where on the planet too...

4) Am I right to assume this? Do you believe there is people who are covering up the true meaning/use @ Giza? If so, would you please expand on what you belive is possibly going on in the "big picture" of it.

SC: This is a very interesting question you ask and I have to say – you are the first to ask me this directly. All I will say for the moment is that I have found much masonic symbolism throughout my research. This is not to say that the Masonic Order as we understand it today is aware of any of this for it seems that they may well have forgotten much of the roots of their own customs and rituals. But it may well be that the very highest echelons of the Order are indeed aware of ‘something’ along the lines of what I have presented in my work.

Regards,

SC

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join