It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dead monitor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone could supply any brainstorming on a monitor issue. My 2 year old LCD monitor started to freak out on me today. I was playing a game and suddenly it started turning off and on by itself. The power light turned on and off and when it came on, the game showed back up, then it went off again. It does this constantly, in about one second intervals. I disconnected the monitor from the PC to see if it was a driver issue and plugged it in somewhere else and it still did it. Also, when I plug it into the outlet, there seems to be a small spark. I'm personally thinking it's maybe a blown capacitor. Any other possibilities come to mind?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It could be a broken power cable, sometimes they break inside the insulation and make intermittent connections.

Was the cable bent near the monitor or near the outlet?

Can you use a different power cable?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Nope, It's all set up behind the desk where no one could step on it and it's not at any extreme angles. Also, all my cables are twisty tied together so it's nice and organized. As a matter of fact, the monitor has hardly been moved in 2 years. I got EXTREMELY lucky though. The place that I got the entire system said they couldn't help, but I remembered a statement that was made about the monitor when I was actually picking the components.... that magical word "Guaranteed" so I sent it back to Viewsonic today. 2 years owned, but has 3 years warranty So I have to wait 2 weeks or so, but I won't have to pay $170+ for a new monitor.

new topics

join