It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study to determine what Near Death Experiences really are.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well I did it again I deleted the entire post.

In March a study is set to take off to get to the bottom of what a Near Death Experience really is. What the reasearchers are really hoping for is to study patients who experience Out of Body Experiences.

In order to help them study the OBE's they will place symbols throughout hospitals that only someone having an OBE can see.

"If these claims are verified" says Dr Sam Parnia, "then this will have a huge implication for science because what it would indicate for us is that our current understanding of mind, body and brain isn't sufficient and that it is possible for the mind/consciousness to separate from the brain at the end of life."

"I think it will be a long time before we fully understand the NDE," says Professor French, "but it's an incredibly fascinating and profound experience for the people that have it and it would certainly be a mistake for science to close its eyes towards those kinds of experience.

"Potentially they can tell us an awful lot, not only about how the brain may operate at the kind of extremes but also about normal everyday consciousness and so, definitely, we ought to carry on studying these experiences and taking them seriously."

Click Here to read the full article.................

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by BlackJackal]

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Somehow, I think that most won't be too busy looking for "symbols" when they start to rise up and meet their maker... Just a thought, hehe....

join